PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering (houses)

paiktis
01-05-2012, 12:32:04
I don't know I've been to two real estate offices and ask a very simple question: is there a way to automatically "switch" houses. That is, I give you one appartment, you find me another appartment in an aera that I designate and if there is a difference in prices, I pay for it. Or if there is not, even better.

It's a very simple question. And very easy to implement as an idea I'd have thought...

But the answer I got was NO. There is no such way.

Is that normal?

What the heck real estate agencies are there for? money laundering?

paiktis
01-05-2012, 12:35:49
So the way that I see it is, I put my appartment up for sale. I rent a small very small and as cheap but nice appartment as I can find.
I wait for the 1st appartment to be sold.
In the mean time I search for an appartment to buy.

When 1st goal is completed and then second goal I move in my newly bought appartment.

That plan entails two costly moving in and moving outs, money to do that and of course the fatigue.

Wouldn't it be easier if real estate agencies did that job? WHat the heck are there for?????

Dyl Ulenspiegel
01-05-2012, 16:57:18
I think you're looking for a moving company.

paiktis
01-05-2012, 18:12:07
doh!

I'm not asking them to move my things :) I want them to buy my house and find me another one to buy and that to be done simultaneously.
That means: we agree on a price for my appartment to be sold to them and they give me a price for an appartment I want in another neighborhood.

I can't put up my house for sale and then have nowhere to go when it's sold.
Is this so complicated?!

And I must sell the house before I buy the next one or the tax agency will consider my second one "privileged second owner house" and destroy me in taxes. Also, if my house is not sold I don't have the money for the next one. (I'm not the borrowing type)

paiktis
01-05-2012, 18:15:46
There is another plan: I sell the house (and rent for a while) and place the money in the family purse so that we, as a family, build a 2 or 3 stories residence in a field my grandfather has left to all of us.
I love my family but it's that "closeness" that makes me wonder about it and not say immidiate "yes".
A "yes" would mean parking lot, garden, generally good quality of life. But family life.
OTOH my mom will be secure and will escape that downtown madness. I am thinking about all posibilities.
(grandma is of course in favor of building :D)

Dyl Ulenspiegel
02-05-2012, 07:12:50
Realtors would either kill you with fees for that or defraud you on the price.

Funko
02-05-2012, 07:32:38
There is a thing that building firms will do here where they will take your old house in part exchange for a new house.