PDA

View Full Version : Driving etiquette

paiktis
06-11-2011, 23:22:55
I was with my little car and I was driving in fine italian style (fuck all other cars).

My car is a city car and devours athens roads.

Out in the wild open, when mezmerizing sceneries interchange, in orange skies, majestic mountains imposing themselves and lost centaurs loom in deep purple forests and a fine steady injection of adrenaline pleasantly rushes through the bloodstream, you are in heaven.

I can't drive over 140 km/h but it seems most others can and do. But when they overtake why are they cruising so close to you instead of keeping their distance?

Plus I can't blow the horn and shout liberating abuses cause the SO get kind of spooked and I don't want that.

Still mezmerizing sceneries.

Greece is the most beautiful country in the world. End - fucking - period.

paiktis
06-11-2011, 23:30:21
I mean you thought you've seen it all in the islands and there are at least 4 or 5 completely different cluster character island group teams of each.

But nope! There's the mountainous coninental Greece where a plethora of honey dripping colours paint an environment like a god has seen fit. And in the middle of nowhere stone buildings arise with such names as the lost centaur and little pieces of heaven hidden and very difficult to reach await for you.
And each has its own character, its own drink, its own food.

No wonder that place was supposed the be the summer land of the gods. There's so much beauty you can't handle.

To come back to athens it's like being admitted to olympus for a short while and then thrown back in a concrete lion's mouth.

I wonder what can one do to go and live there for good.
Some local production probably.

There's this plaza in the middle of a completely secluded mountain village that will forever remain in my memory.

Time of my life!

MOBIUS
06-11-2011, 23:55:56
And don't get me started on Greek drivers - all hell-bent on suicide and taking out as many people with them as possible! :lol:

Poison Arrow Frog
07-11-2011, 06:53:07
How are the roads? Does the government at least get that right?

mr_B
07-11-2011, 08:07:39
caw we buy some roads?
or maybe a temple

zmama
07-11-2011, 08:20:00
Yeah I want a temple

MDA
07-11-2011, 12:25:40
I'd settle for an acrylic key chain with a lump of the Acropolis in it!

Funko
07-11-2011, 13:32:10
Are there any of their ancient treasures we don't already have in the British museum?

MDA
07-11-2011, 14:43:20
Point.

MOBIUS
07-11-2011, 17:34:13
And don't get me started on Greek drivers - all hell-bent on suicide and taking out as many people with them as possible! :lol:

Most of the roads on Crete are shit, apart from all the nice new highway bits proudly advertised as being built with millions of Euros of EU money... :lol:

There's a bit of the motorway just outside the airport where they built over an old road going in a slightly different direction but didn't re tarmac it or change the road markings so you can still see the old road markings veering across from the central reservation into the hard shoulder... :lol:

paiktis
07-11-2011, 18:00:37
you can all have my DICK :D

It is rather expensive though

RedFred
13-11-2011, 06:03:01
Currently in India. This place makes Greek drivers look like boys scouts. Whipping through traffic in an autorickshaw at high speeds is as close as I have been to pod racing.

Cheshire Cat
14-11-2011, 08:35:46
you can all have my DICK :D

It is rather expensive though

I'm interested, but only if you if you offer me discount price as a CG member

those 2 are maybe your most poetic posts on CG: how long haven't you been drinking?
;)

___

what does your SO specifically get spooked at, hornblowing, or abuse shouting?
which is the speed limit in Greece?
aren't you maybe driving not in the middle of your lane, but too close to the fast lane when they overtake you?

I think you'r VERY lucky that your SO doesn't begin to panic as soon as you speed over 100kmh, so you can bear with the rest
:)

MDA
14-11-2011, 13:06:11
Currently in India. This place makes Greek drivers look like boys scouts. Whipping through traffic in an autorickshaw at high speeds is as close as I have been to pod racing.

:lol:

Venom
14-11-2011, 14:08:51
I can think of three places I've been today nicer than Greece. 1. My closet 2. My toilet 3. Inside of my refrigerator.

Greece is nicer than my office though.

paiktis
17-11-2011, 20:38:14
I'm interested, but only if you if you offer me discount price as a CG member

those 2 are maybe your most poetic posts on CG: how long haven't you been drinking?
;)

___

what does your SO specifically get spooked at, hornblowing, or abuse shouting?
which is the speed limit in Greece?
aren't you maybe driving not in the middle of your lane, but too close to the fast lane when they overtake you?

I think you'r VERY lucky that your SO doesn't begin to panic as soon as you speed over 100kmh, so you can bear with the rest
:)

Psychotherapy!

I haven't been drinking for a long time. It's only very occasional now once a month maybe? And nothing like the past. Half a bottle of wine at best.
I didn't have a drinking problem I think. I had a problem that translated to drinking problem. Once that somehow got to a large degree over, the drinking stopped.

The SO is very clever and also has been very protected (that is not to say she is spoiled or not having a life of her own). I think I kind of provide that protection extension?
But it comes naturally. I really love her a lot and sorry if that sounds "not manly" (in some cultures).

She gets spooked because I can be rather intimidating at times I think.
She is calm and she is polite and I am calm and polite. But sometimes I kind of lose that. (never to her of course, or to any other person of worth). But very rarely. And it is now kind of controlled rage.

I drive carefully but I am a city driver, getting out on the wild open, I follow the rules to the letter. Speed limits depends but is not very often respected.
I got very tired because I drove a bazzillion of kms.

Anyway I'm happy 'cause a hospital adventure of a person dear to me seems to be going well.

That was a good 3 days journey though. Magnificent.
I kind of close my eyes and remember that little village, the mountains, the plaza, the church and the drinks...... Like desert soaking water right now.