PDA

View Full Version : Beware of the Canola and the Mold

chillyboyzz87
11-10-2011, 22:56:37
Poland refused rapeseed shipments from Ukraine and Moldova due to overrunning with live and dead mites, statements to the European Union's food-alert system showed.

Five samples of rapeseed from Ukraine checked from October. Seven to Oct. 9 uncovered between 20 and 100 mites a kilogram ( 2.2 pounds ), according to memos from Poland. 2 examples of cargoes from Moldova on October 8-9 found 300 and 210 of the bugs a kilogram, respectively, tests revealed.
Colorado Springs Eye Doctor (http://www.haasvisioncenter.com)
And, A local mom acquired a packet of organic baby food as she was nervous about what her 7-month-old boy was eating. But she could not believe what she found when she looked within.

"They're truly well-liked and we loved them, till we had a problem with them," Peggy Ward said.

One night at feeding time, Peggy squeezed out a packet of Ella's Kitchen baby food to feed her boy, Jamie.

"Out squeezed something gelatinous and gooey," she recollected. "It was horrifying."

Peggy hadn't got any idea what it was.

"It was choking size," Peggy recounted. "It was massive. I believed it seemed like chicken."

But when she sent it back to the company, they tested it and told her it was mold.

"They claimed there was a small tiny puncture in the packet and that caused the mold to grow," said Peggy.

A spokesperson from Ella's Kitchen says they quality test their products and think the hole must have occurred after it left the corporation's hands.

"We have used the flexible type of packing for virtually 6 years and sold 100,000,000 round the world," said Emma Sykes with Ella's Kitchen Purchaser Care. "The flexible pouches are a great form of packaging themselves and they've been used many billions of times over."

MDA
12-10-2011, 10:45:47
I have this sudden urge to get my eyes checked.

C.G.B. Spender
13-10-2011, 06:12:18
I feel dirty

Poison Arrow Frog
13-10-2011, 08:20:10
Hmmm, mold.

Mr. Bas
13-10-2011, 15:49:45
Mould. Bob Mould.

Koshko
14-10-2011, 02:53:54
Ah, the worst that will happen is that the kid would have died a shitty death.