PDA

View Full Version : a question about british history

paiktis
09-10-2011, 19:13:23
I've been watching a lot of doctor who (the new series) as i have so much time on my hands it's unbelievable, and the actresses there is very bongable if i may say so myself but anyway, i've been contemplating about british history a bit and i have one question:

when was scotland (and the other regions) incorporated or united with england?

i tried on bbc but it is VERY detailed (BTW i laughed my little arse off at the "empty" notes - "no events" on the B.C. dates :D)

seriously though, when did that union happen? and was it done peacefully?

i suppose both england and scotland (and the other regions) realize it is in their best interest to stay united and so they remain so, and also i imagine there is a clear distinct sense of being "british", which supercedes (?) the "regional" affiliations?

paiktis
10-10-2011, 07:15:57
nevermind i found it in wiki. 1707 i think and was done peacefully after killing eachother for centuries :D
another thing that i found interesting was that britain was catholic before becoming protestant. but i guess that is true for most parts.
christianity did work miracles back in the day. ravaging hordes of vikings could, after being converted, sit down and have a cup of tea.
(the same with slav people in the east)

MOBIUS
02-11-2011, 16:36:34
:lol:

paiktis
07-11-2011, 19:44:38
you liked it sheep intruder eh? :D