PDA

View Full Version : freaking crisis

paiktis
24-09-2011, 18:30:31
we had organized with a friend to go to IRELAND and try every beer there was but his bike was stolen (that 350 euros coming out of his pocket for a new one) plus the new paycuts and the new taxes and it blew our plan to hell.

so ARGH:bash::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

paiktis
25-09-2011, 15:12:35
yes because we are amongst the few idiots who do pay taxes.
basically because we cant hide our incomes!!!!
we are salary based people. and we are considered lucky... lucky for fook shake.

anyone who has a "free" employment, be that that he has a small business, or he is free lance doctor or lawyer or WHATEVER he doesnt PAY TAXES.

He hides EVERYTHING.

now this, coupled with huge public borrowing, and for what? to have huge number of public servants which of course belong to whoever of the two big parties was in the government! if you vote for somebody and he gets in power you have a place in the public sector where you do NOTHING

and they sit and do NOTHING!

PLUS employers are not forced to honour their workers agreements. so you have tons of people that work for much less pay and NOONE does anything about it!

PLUS crime runs rampant (thank you uncontrolled, illegal, massive immigration) and there you have it.

I have heard australia is looking for people and they are coming here to inform university degree owners about a couple of things.

The only thing I MUST care for is my mother in old age, and I bet there can be a house without any crocodiles nearby in australia.

godammit

paiktis
25-09-2011, 15:24:51
the only thing is that it is so far away. i had some friends of my girlfriend from australia and they were like vegetables from the jet lag.
but they say it's ok there and they have made tons of money. most of who went there did so. or in the us. but the us isnt looking for people.
but even if it was, both are so far away it's creepy.
of course they are societies like anywhere else.

I hate that ultra capitalist mindset that captures the greeks that move to the US though. it's about money. I don;t think i can handle this.
then australia is em... a bit on the fridge, on the edge of things, although the guys from there said everything was ok. and that it is a regular western country i think.
although i heard some funny stories about some crocodiles and sharks br...

such a shame to have destroyed this beautiful country with this beatiful sceneray nature, so friendly bening like it was specifically made for human beings to thrive.
the weather, the beaches, the BEAUTY is so breathtaking, mezmerizing, captivating.
And now, all of this destroyed by this stupid race of people, this small minded, self centered, idiotic, scam artist, criminal mindset of people, who always fight agaionst eachother, who have no politeness, who let athens drawn in a pool of poor illgeal immigrant piss (not haveing anything against them but too many)

and forced again like in the 50's and the 60's to look abroad.

i'd must like it to go to italy although it would be so close it would kind of break my heart, or belgium.

basically with the friend we were half ready to stay in ireland forever if things were working for us. crazy ideas but you have to be a little crazy or you'll go crazy

RedFred
25-09-2011, 16:17:53
Forget about Ireland. We have an influx of them here trying to escape the economic woes that Ireland is experiencing.

Right now the economic situation seems to be worsening no matter where you are, albiet not to the degree of Greece yet.

The sad thing is "brains have legs". The highly educated professional people will find it easiest to emigrate, leaving Greece in potentially worse shape than before.

It is a greek tragedy.

Provost Harrison
25-09-2011, 22:06:11
That was quite a buildup just to get the "Greek Tragedy" punchline in :p

MDA
25-09-2011, 22:39:13
Awesome, build walls to keep people IN!

Dyl Ulenspiegel
26-09-2011, 07:55:22
Now that would be a totally new idea.

MOBIUS
28-09-2011, 09:16:09
That was quite a buildup just to get the "Greek Tragedy" punchline in :p

It was still funny though... :D

mr_B
28-09-2011, 10:19:24
an Irishman and a Greek went to a pub.

that really sounds like the beginning of a good crisis joke

MOBIUS
28-09-2011, 14:12:17
Were they in Portugal?

Dyl Ulenspiegel
28-09-2011, 14:52:50
An Irishman and a Greek went to a pub in Portugal. They drink until they almost fall over. When it comes to paying they discover they don't have any money. The german bartender says: [insert clever punchline here]

mr_B
28-09-2011, 15:09:26
zahlen oder faust bumzennnn

paiktis
28-09-2011, 19:15:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3amXSFEFxV0

paiktis
28-09-2011, 19:18:04
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/26/opinion/germanys-love-for-greece.html?_r=1

(it is amazing how "funny"/dry/little people can be - like that article writer!)

Mr. Bas
29-09-2011, 18:49:11
That's an amazingly lousy article.

MDA
29-09-2011, 19:29:12
Germans love Hasslehoff, not Greece

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
30-09-2011, 01:46:41
That's an amazingly lousy article.

Appropriately linked here, then.

C.G.B. Spender
03-10-2011, 09:21:19
Germans like "faust bumzennnn"

zmama
03-10-2011, 11:43:32
How festive!

paiktis
03-10-2011, 14:44:51
humans before robots.

C.G.B. Spender
06-10-2011, 17:55:32
The German narrator spies a group of Greek men drinking together and longs to be with them
once again them austrians (and swissonians) make us look bad! Catchy tune tho

Funko
07-10-2011, 07:26:16
Germans like "faust bumzennnn"

This is what gave Oerdin a bleeding bumhole.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
07-10-2011, 09:04:43
So that's what's meant by "griechischer Wein"....

MDA
07-10-2011, 11:08:22
wurst thread ever

mr_B
07-10-2011, 17:27:31
Germans like wurst!!

C.G.B. Spender
07-10-2011, 17:34:22
Lecker Wurst!

paiktis
08-10-2011, 21:57:03
Don't send the vietkong!

Greg W
09-10-2011, 04:12:58
the only thing is that it is so far away. i had some friends of my girlfriend from australia and they were like vegetables from the jet lag.
but they say it's ok there and they have made tons of money. most of who went there did so. or in the us. but the us isnt looking for people.
but even if it was, both are so far away it's creepy.
of course they are societies like anywhere else.

then australia is em... a bit on the fridge, on the edge of things, although the guys from there said everything was ok. and that it is a regular western country i think.
although i heard some funny stories about some crocodiles and sharks br...
As far as Australia goes, it really depends on what you are looking for in a country. We have so much empty space it's amazing, but then most of it is semi-desert. 90%+ of our Population lives within an hour of the coast (from what I recall).

Shark and croc attacks are very rare, despite what you may hear. We do have bucketloads of spiders though, those fuckers are everywhere. And yet I have never been bitten by one.

As a society, we're a bit too easygoing for our own good. Very rarely do we kick up a stink when our pollies make some stupid decision that screws our lives up. We just shrug and go on, cos she'll be right, mate. Despite that, we have one of the strongest and most resilient economies in the world (thank god for mining).

But, we are a modern, Western society and very multicultural. Heck, Melbourne (where I live) has the largest Greek population of any city outside Greece. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Precinct,_Melbourne)

Geographically, we are isolated from everywhere, but that suits us fine. We get used to long plan flights to get overseas (jetlag is not that bad, for me anyway). Or even just to get to Perth (6+ hours, depending on where you are).

MDA
09-10-2011, 20:36:47
The golden orb spiders are freaking awesome, though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3353693/Giant-spider-eating-a-bird-caught-on-camera.html

paiktis
10-10-2011, 08:08:17
Greg, yes i suppose they were exaggerating a bit but only to make the conversation more interesting. sharks and crocodiles are very alien in these parts so it does raise an eyebrow!

thanks for the info. on the side note i found the pictures on the australian passports very funny with all the strange looking animals!

Another funny story was that animal called platipus in greek, where it ressebles a duck but has the body of a mamal and looks very goofy like but can actually poison you :D

another thing that i found quite interesting was indeed all that space.... and also that there is real care for senior citizens, which i consider a clear indication of the level of civility in a society.

the australian embassador here has become something of an attraction to tell you the truth. she is constantly called on tv chanels and she did give a very cool presentation of the country.

i think there was an exodus of greek people in the '60s or so that went massively to australia. in a period when the country was very poor. it is crystal clear evident that these times return and maybe the old reflexes of immigration return.
this time it will be university degree holders (at least that's what australia is officially ok to admit to a very specific percentage).

although from talking with people i realized that it is actually the people without a university degree who are much more active in searching for ways to immigrate.
maybe because they are generally more dynamic. don't know if they'll suceed but they seem to try a lot.

anyway, contrary to popular belief there wasn't even one greek person who immigrated to australia this year, according to statistics from the embassy.
but there are planned seminars by the australian government for univeristy degree holders in october, so i am quite positive that that's going to change. it will propably be a relatively small number because it IS a long way distance and a decision that will change your life.

there are reports that people who returned to greece from australia are now going back!

the guys from there were a little making fun of greece but in a very polite manner, and i agreed with them for the most part.
they have absolutely no desire to return (besides they were born there and are australian) except for two long months in the summer which i think is the perfect combination for them. great guys though, very funny and cool :)

and they do manage to raise their family wih dignity... something that is fast becoming a distant dream here.

Greg W
10-10-2011, 11:05:21
Well, if you are seriously considering it, come here for a holiday! I know you only get to see a small microcosm of a society on a holiday, but it's better than sitting there trying to imagine what it's all like.

And yeah, we're trying for a more educated immigration level from what I hear. Mind you, we don't hear all that much about it...

MDA
10-10-2011, 18:20:40
you would if you had ever learned to read

Greg W
12-10-2011, 21:28:59
Shit! I knew I forgot something in school!

zmama
12-10-2011, 22:10:10
not just that sandwich in your desk 30 years ago?

Greg W
13-10-2011, 08:12:25
Ah, is that where it is? I wonder if it's still there?

MDA
13-10-2011, 11:12:47
was it vegemite?

Greg W
13-10-2011, 12:41:55
Inevitably!

Funko
13-10-2011, 12:53:58
Vege-mite have been

MOBIUS
27-10-2011, 15:16:32
Hey Piaktis, your country (or at least Crete) is shit - fuck knows why we just wrote off half your debt!

Dyl Ulenspiegel
27-10-2011, 17:02:50
More precisely, the banksters will have to write off the debt. About 30%. And maybe not all of them.

Lurker
27-10-2011, 17:35:39
What has the debt been trading at recently?

Dyl Ulenspiegel
28-10-2011, 10:04:19
The yield has been around 15%. The price varies widely depending on initial yield and duration. Most of it around 0.3 to 0.6.

The whole shitting around has just cost time. Although I would have preferred a forced conversion with a low yield and higher nominal value.

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:06:18
glad you had a shitty time mobius!

now fuck off and don't ever come again :D

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:08:03
about the write off (UK is very little relevant to it, not to mention wales - sarkozi even kicked cameron out of the negotioations calling him a little twat) imo it doesnt solve anything.... it is officially a bankrupcy now.

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:10:13
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/28/article-0-0E92778700000578-279_634x451.jpghttp://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/28/article-0-0E92778700000578-279_634x451.jpg

hmm let's see if this works

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:11:23
:beer::smoke: yey it did! (btw the smilies represent the state of action in greece for the rest 10 years - drinking and smoking)

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:12:08
if it works then another one :D

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/28/article-0-0E8F6C1C00000578-501_634x800.jpg

(zmama will have a heart attack)

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:12:52
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/28/article-0-0E8FF70C00000578-307_634x374.jpg

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:15:37
it is hilarious to see slovakia and bulgaria and the like trying to justify why their people are being paid much much less and still contribute to the efsf.

bulgarian PM was hilarious, saying he admits bulgarians feel evil joy with whats going on in greece ( i didnt know that)

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:19:30
out of curiosity, where in crete were you?

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:29:18
on the subject at hand,

i see this as the last chance of greece to stay in the euro.
if we don't "comform" we will be out. and maybe it doesn't matter.

the eurozone crisis does not stop with greece, it will go on and devour the whole eurozone.

germany needs a 3ww in the ass.

even berlusconi said euro hasn't convinced anyone.

on one hand, i like that elected govs. take over eurocrats. otoh, i dislike the french-german axis and the way it forces its opinions to everyone.

europe and the european union is not what it seemed to be anymore, it has crumbled in the national consciousness.

so has the present political system in greece which is corrupted to the bone.

it is worth noticing that on 28 of october, day of celebration for the NO that was said to the axis (the then german axis - but things dont change - only the facade) for the FIRST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF MODERN GREECE the parade was cancelled and the political elite banished, beaten up etc etc

There are tons to be changed, this is not a greek problem (the greek part is well known) and the collapse of the EU is marching on.

So screw them for they are not the europe we dreamed about.

otoh, i really wouldnt give a rat's ass about europe if we could manage to take control of this country away from the thieves and the traitors.

but this is the way the country is, and this is the mentality.

there is a feeling of exhilaration about the creeping anarchy that is taking hold of this country.

i personally can say fuck off to anyone in the job and still look them in the eye.

about the guy that they sent here to watch over us, i wouldnt be surprised if he is assassinated.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
29-10-2011, 17:39:23
And now: Sirtaki!

paiktis
29-10-2011, 17:40:38
i admit to have drunk a bit of retsina this fine evening :D

paiktis
29-10-2011, 18:05:44
nv

paiktis
29-10-2011, 19:05:00
i am on my second bottle of retsina (and something that hasnt phoned yet) so i get to the point.

ATOMICISM.

self. the self. the atom. premordial in ancient greek thinking and through culture to the modern greek.

the self. egoistical, self centered, narcisist.

the german (although i feel dirty talking about a people of whores but let's humour them for their attention)

the lebershaum (how the fuck it's spelled)

severe insecurity from the french invasion or the tsarist russia, had to have a livable space, unblessed by anything that ressembles a natural frontier like mountains.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
29-10-2011, 20:01:28
Leberwurst!

paiktis
29-10-2011, 20:08:12
hitler had to make his niece pie on him to even try to get it on.

i dont think that's the kind of sausage we're looking for.

a journalist said this is tough but we are in good company (europe), maybe it's time to fuck them up and reach for something else.

MOBIUS
30-10-2011, 02:46:53
glad you had a shitty time mobius!

now fuck off and don't ever come again :D

I didn't say I had a shitty time... :D

Just that your country, or at least Crete in particular is a colossal fuck up - your country is a basket case and frankly deserves to be allowed to go bankrupt in my opinion... :shoot::shoot::shoot:

MOBIUS
30-10-2011, 02:53:35
out of curiosity, where in crete were you?

All over: As west as Chania; as east as Agios Nikolaos; as south as Matala! Hence also having to dodge your stupid suicidal drivers! :lol:

MDA
31-10-2011, 11:03:46
Godwin's Law, it's not just for the internet anymore.

VetLegion_
06-11-2011, 22:22:46
Good luck paiktis. Though I do think Greek wages need to fall,
I don't enjoy seeing the slow advance of misery.

paiktis
06-11-2011, 22:33:20
vetty i dont think there's going to be peace.

there's going to be a "referendum" as in social explosions like every week.

800.000 unemployed.... people asked to live with 600 euros...

we're going to get out.

nice to have met you :D

best of luck :D (cause with us everthing goes down)

paiktis
06-11-2011, 22:35:14
as for me i'm kind of secured, having a house of my own and compltely secure salary (but curtailed).

but that doesnt say shit.

it's now eventually agreed that drachma is better.

paiktis
06-11-2011, 22:36:46
Even I SAY it's better.

And I was one of the proponents of the EU. There are a bazillion ton others who are not at all.

(also its kind of ironic that now that greece is going through such tough time, im having the best time of my life...)

but i'll say it again. i dont give a rat's ass about the euro (or the drachma for that matter).

there are other structural weaknesses that greece would do good to rectify,

i havent seen this being done during the euro years, so there's no affection for me there.

i think there is a struggle that is evergoing and in that I consider myself a soldier, and that is for a moral quickening of this country.

but meanwhile fuck the euro, it's causing more problems than it's solving.
maybe another europe sometime in the future.

paiktis
06-11-2011, 22:56:20
MOBIUS
as for crete i dont know much... i know ierapetra is supposed to be nice and when i was a kid i was at the mountainslideside of Samaria which was beautiful.

Other than that i dont know anything about crete.

abou the crazy drivers tell me about it. i make my cross that i survived me too.

btw cretans are supposed to be ultra crazy mofos. even for greeks.

MOBIUS
07-11-2011, 00:08:26
Apparently the motorway between Heraklion and Chania is supposed to be the most dangerous road in the whole of Greece - not fucking surprised there! They have all these little mini churches on posts (like stereotypical US post boxes) lining the roads at regular intervals which actually commemorate people killed on the roads - they're fucking everywhere!!! I saw two bad accidents and we almost got wiped out on a corner on the side of a hill as some gimp tried to overtake a truck on a blind corner - if I hadn't have slammed on the anchors that would have been all she wrote... :eek:

Crates spilled on the motorway in the fast lane at night time; motorbikers munching on pizza on the go; motorbikers wearing all black without lights on the motorway at night; helmets? Cretans are far too macho for those!; Cars up your arse all the time; hard shoulder is an unofficial extra lane - everywhere!; Cars overtaking cars overtaking... Ad infinitum! Utterly mental!

Poor Ms MOBIUS was a total wreck by the end of the holiday - I found it grimly exciting... :D

paiktis
07-11-2011, 18:10:11

paiktis
07-11-2011, 18:14:50