PDA

View Full Version : International Football/England Wales

Funko
07-09-2011, 10:10:24
Wales look much improved, shame their ranking is so low that they have a tough World Cup qualifying group, but looks like it could be tight in that group, lots of teams taking points off each other.

Group A: Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, SCOTLAND, Macedonia, WALES

Scotland didn't look too bad against Czechs either. (although dodgy refereeing decisions aside they were outplayed at home by a fairly average Czech team).

Lot of people saying it was a much worse performance by England than against Bulgaria... it was worse, but Wales played much better than Bulgaria. Much more disciplined defending, much better strategy.

FIFA ranking position for England seems crazy. Guess it shows just how much the ranking system favours consistently qualifying for stuff and getting to the knockout stages.

Fistandantilus
07-09-2011, 21:53:52
I didn't watch the game (I did watch Russia - RoI tho, amazing stuff :lol:) but that group looks like hell for wales.

Fistandantilus
07-09-2011, 21:57:00
FIFA ranking position for England seems crazy. Guess it shows just how much the ranking system favours consistently qualifying for stuff and getting to the knockout stages.

There are not many teams able of doing that. I don't think it's as crazy as you seem to think.