PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex prequel (4)

MDA
24-08-2011, 15:59:54
Anyone tried this one yet? Probably won't buy it until after vacation, if at all.

edit: and I don't remember if this is 3 or 4

Fistandantilus
24-08-2011, 19:01:33
If you mean Deus Ex: Human Revolution it's the third one. Not out yet in Europe, will be on the 26th. I have a friend who's a huge fan of the series and preordered it, might be able to have a look at it this week-end.

Funko
25-08-2011, 08:06:32
I found out via twitter that someone I know used to pronounce this as "Jew Sex" and had done for years.

He only found out after a particularly embarasing conversation where he told a jewish friend that he hated the Jew Sex Machina in Oceans 12.

Fistandantilus
25-08-2011, 12:18:59
:lol: He made that up for a laugh, admit it.

Funko
25-08-2011, 13:03:14
I hope not.

Beta1
26-08-2011, 18:29:35
Day-'o'-sex surely!

MDA
29-08-2011, 12:13:01
I caved and bought it to kill time on hurricane weekend.

Think I'm about halfway through and have all the upgrades I want, plenty more I could take for fun.

I can't combine jump and mantle, minor gripe. Maybe I'm just ignorant of some magic control that allows it. I've gotten really good at stacking boxes to get places I "shouldn't be able to get to". Once or twice, there were rewards hidden in those places.

I can't stand my ugly cone-shaped chin. Not the beard, that's fine. The chin. They reconstructed most of my body and couldn't be bothered to fix that nipple chin?

Story, missions, side quests, all fine. Conversation "choices" are generally well thought out and offer multiple choices (plus an "augmented" approach that can also get people to reveal or agree to things they normally wouldn't). I periodically catch references to/from characters from Deus Ex in emails and documents (Manderley, Morgan Everett, Nicolette DuClare). Lots of background stuff about the social effects of human augmentation. Very cool.

I get lost a lot in city areas. One burst of automatic gunfire or close range shotgun blast kills me. Also cool.

I liked the idea of the "falling without damage" augmentation, but the huge floaty golden ball of light animation gets old and is so not stealthy.

I probably played half of the game this weekend. :nerd:

Stealth/nonlethal weapons: gas grenades, takedown moves, stun gun, tranq rifle, and a crazy concussion/knockback weapon that I have yet to use effectively

Guards seem to be able to wake KO'ed guards back up from at least some of these, which I liked. The AI is still dumb, but not completely brain dead. They at least know how to take cover and/or pin you down with gunfire.

maroule
29-08-2011, 13:35:10
just bought it, will try to play it at some point this week
got good reviews, not stellar, but it looks really solid
I discovered the original one something like three years after it came out and have fond memories of it

MDA
22-09-2011, 12:31:59
Just restarted a second game and discovered there were hostages to save in the first mission. I completely missed them the first time by sneaking through the rooms with their guards. I get the feeling there's a lot more game than I saw the first time. Very solid.

maroule
22-09-2011, 16:55:31
I can understand your confusion
they only mentionned the hostages 54 times in the mission briefing and other dialogues

Fistandantilus
22-09-2011, 23:27:40
:lol:

MDA
23-09-2011, 10:49:10
:lol: Yeah, later in the game you can come across one of the terrorists and he'll brag about "gassing those hostages", and I kept thinking how stupid it was that they left them out of the mission and kept the dialogs.