PDA

View Full Version : PSN outage / Compromised accounts.

Funko
27-04-2011, 07:44:27
http://faq.en.playstation.com/cgi-bin/scee_gb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?locale=en_GB&p_faqid=5593

I'll steal Asher's Summary:

If you have a PSN account, the following is compromised for sure:

Your name
Your address (city, state, and zip)
Country
E-mail address
Birthday
PSN password and login name

They also are warning that credit card numbers & expiry dates may have been compromised, as well as password hints & answers.

MDA
27-04-2011, 10:24:26
so they're finally coming clean?

Ohio State University had an intrusion where my personal information could have been accessed. They bought me a year of credit protection. I guess that would be a lot of money for Sony.

Funko
27-04-2011, 10:27:53
They claim it took a while to understand the scale of the issue.

I can't imagine they would withhold that credit card details could be compromised if they knew it earlier, their liability for law suits, either by individuals or credit card companies would be just too large if it came out.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
28-04-2011, 02:49:20
So glad I signed up with falsified personal information. Of course, I bought Angry Birds for my kids, like, 2 days before the PSN went down. So we called the credit card company and had the card scrapped - they'll be sending out a new one in 5 days.

From now on, if I *must* spend money on PSN, I'm buying a disposable card to do the transaction. My trust; Sony loses it.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-cat-bubble-bath-trust.jpg

Funko
03-05-2011, 10:08:06
http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item369506/PlayStation-Network-Restoration-Update/

So coming it's back and this is the sweetner:

Complimentary Offering and "Welcome Back" Appreciation Programme

While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, the company is committed to helping its customers protect their personal data and will provide a complimentary offering to assist users in enrolling in identity theft protection services and/or similar programmes. The implementation will be at a local level and further details will be made available shortly in each region.

The company will also roll out the PlayStation Network and Qriocity "Welcome Back" programme, to be offered worldwide, which will be tailored to specific markets to provide our consumers with a selection of service options and premium content as an expression of the company's appreciation for their patience, support and continued loyalty.

Central components of the "Welcome Back" programme will include:

Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
Q Music Unlimited subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.
Additional "Welcome Back" entertainment and service offerings will be rolled out over the coming weeks as the company returns the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services to the quality standard users have grown to enjoy and strive to exceed those exceptions.

Funko
04-06-2011, 15:25:36
Anyone having trouble getting their Free Welcome Back PSN games through the store try this. On main menu go to:

PlayStation Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEE Promotions > Game 1 > Select Content

Worked for me anyway.

Funko
04-06-2011, 15:25:50
SCEA Promotions for North America.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
05-06-2011, 05:56:19
Also worked for me.

Currently (very slowly) downloading inFAMOUS, and will download Dead Nation at some point after the estimated 1950 minutes for inFAMOUS have elapsed o_O

The Shaker
05-06-2011, 07:46:30
Snap :)

Funko
05-06-2011, 10:27:31
I got little big planet and ratchet and clank, already had inFamous. They downloaded in about an hour each though.