PDA

View Full Version : Free Legal Advice

Lurker
12-04-2011, 15:33:32
Don't do what this guy did:

A Great Falls man allegedly mouthed off extremely colorfully and at length after being stopped on Highway 200 Saturday evening for nearly causing a number of collisions - including one with an off-duty Montana Highway Patrol trooper and his wife.

Deputy Missoula County Attorney Patricia Bower sought a $50,000 bail for Marty Jay Erdmann, but on Monday Missoula County Justice of the Peace John Odlin set it at $75,000.

Odlin told Erdmann, 44, that he could return to Great Falls, "but you're not going to drive to get there."

Sean Finley, the off-duty officer, called the Highway Patrol a little before 6 p.m. Saturday to say that a 2008 Saturn traveling at about 90 miles per hour had just passed him "in a double-yellow no passing zone, had almost hit a guardrail and had nearly caused numerous head-on crashes," according to court papers.

When another trooper stopped the car, Erdmann "absolutely reeked" of alcohol, slurred his words and said he'd had "several" drinks, according to the affidavit filed by Bower.

While being taken into custody, Erdmann allegedly said things like, "I love jail, jail is pretty," and "that (expletive) pig was driving faster and meaner than I was." Erdmann was informed he was being recorded, the affidavit said.

"He then said that he hoped Trooper Finley ‘dies in a fiery crash' ... he hopes that Trooper Finley's wife ‘(expletive) chokes or beats him to death.' ... He said he wanted Trooper Finley's face ‘shot off' and ‘that (expletive)' will get his' ‘and hopefully his (expletive) wife will get shot out of the windshield because she is not smart enough to wear a seatbelt,' " the affidavit said.

As a trooper read the charges against him - criminal endangerment, a fourth offense of driving under the influence, driving with a suspended or revoked license, and a third offense of failure to carry proof of insurance - Erdmann responded "blah" to each, the affidavit said.

The criminal endangerment and DUI charges are felonies. Erdmann could face up to 10 years in prison and/or a $50,000 fine.

Odlin also ordered Erdmann not to have any contact with Finley or his wife.

zmama
12-04-2011, 15:38:26
Happy fun guy!

Funko
12-04-2011, 15:59:12
Wondered what Venom was up to.

Cheshire Cat
12-04-2011, 16:02:45
Erdmann responded "blah" to each

TIME TO REVIVE THE BLAH THREAD!!!!

:beer:

MDA
12-04-2011, 18:43:52
I think it was Bill Cosby (or was it George Carlin) that said "alcohol intensifies your natural personality" and followed it up with "but what if you're an asshole?"

Greg W
13-04-2011, 00:49:46
TIME TO REVIVE THE BLAH THREAD!!!!

:beer:I was thinking the same thing. Shame about that laziness thing...