PDA

View Full Version : Devil

Walrus Feeder
07-10-2010, 21:59:04
Given recent offerings from director M Night Shyamalan such as The Last Airbender and particularly The Happening, i doubt many people would greet new release 'Devil' with much enthusiasm. Gave it a chance though and thought it was decent enough.

Story centres around 5 random people who get trapped in a lift together and then things start going horribly wrong when the lights temporarily go out with the security guards and cops trying to control an escalating situation not knowing that the devil is among them.

I'd give it 6/10 and say M Night has slightly redeemed himself!

MOBIUS
07-10-2010, 23:22:19
Just sounds like a bit of a crap idea, really. Not to mention he's tarnished himself of late...

Plus Ms MOBIUS absolutely hates him since 'Signs', so I'd have to go on my own.

devilmunchkin
11-10-2010, 07:52:59
Was there really a devil there? The movie looks kind of interesting but horror movies give me nightmares - so I don't go.

Walrus Feeder
12-10-2010, 22:00:12
The Devil was present. The setup of the film kept you guessing which human was being used to disguise the Devil's form and what stage of the film they would be uncovered.

If you want nightmares that never go away then a French film called Martyrs will suffice. I created a thread about it last year i think. managed to see it yet Mobius?

MOBIUS
12-10-2010, 23:37:01
Ah crap, no not yet - will try and remember now... ;)