PDA

View Full Version : Impossible

paiktis
20-07-2010, 02:13:05
It's 5 in the morning and I can't sleep, again.
Not because of the bomb threat where I work (this is kids stuff) but because of the assassination of a journalist.
Every month now someone is assassinated.
We have entered a very bleak period of time, it is hope extinguishing, very aggravating, it's very dark.
I have decided to return to journalism and I'll do my best to re-enter. I already have offers (naturally). I will simply die in the public sector it's not for me.

I'm very saddened by what happened. I didn't know the lad that was killed (here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10684185 )but from what I gather he wasn;t afraid to speak his mind and do some digging.

If I was in the newspapers I'd know by now a great deal more and with accuracy.

It's the dawn of a new era of pitch black darkness around here.

I don't know wether it was some extreme left wing (that is a stain on the ideology - they are simply criminals of the lowest end) but to think that you could be killed simply by searching a story it's stupefying. Free press is the soul of any democracy and yesterday it bled.
I was threatened before but laughed about it, nearly everybody gets some threats by some wackos, or some lawsuit threat or some real lawsuit but you never take it seriously.

Of course now, I think, the journalistic body will be outraged. It will have the exact opposite effect of whatever the assassins were trying to achieve.

paiktis
20-07-2010, 15:08:23
Crap.
Called today but the ideal position with which I flirted is for at least the end of 2010 closed.
Something to do with some economic crisis.

MOBIUS
20-07-2010, 15:46:55
And there I was thinking that a position had just opened up for you...

paiktis
20-07-2010, 16:43:09
I could pursue the big newspapers again but I wanted something that would have given me the rush of writing without having to sacrifice the security and also the lazyness of the public sector.
I still have requests from large newspapers but I know that this entails very strong dedication and the sacrifice of a large part of your personal life and time.

Perhaps when the nausea of the public sector surpasses my reluctance of very hard work I will choose the latter.
Still couple of months away though, as I see it.

paiktis
20-07-2010, 16:45:08
Can't have it all... apparently