PDA

View Full Version : This applying for job stuff is nerve wracking!

Greg W
18-05-2010, 16:21:46
Just applied for this job (http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Position-Available---Supporter-Development-and-Digital-Media-Co-ordinator.html).The main responsibilities of the role include:

· Develop, maintain, deliver and progress the Club’s digital media assets
· Provide and deliver unique and original content for all Club digital media formats including official website, Twitter, Facebook, mobile and other relevant digital outlets
· Develop databases from untapped supporter, Member and Corporate Partner sources
· Provide what the Members/supporters want on digital formats
· Manage player and Club branded digital formats
· Take advantage of the immediate opportunities provided by social networking
· Keep a finger on the pulse of changes in technology and digital opportunities
· Liaise with supporter groups of the Rabbitohs help drive sales and build databases for ticketing, Memberships and merchandise
· Focus on delivering internal departments with enhanced commercial propositions and value through the implementation of best practice digital asset operationsI haven't applied for a job in 7 years, and this one would be a dream job! I'm nervous and I've only just sent the application in! :nervous:

Funko
18-05-2010, 16:27:13
God, I hope they don't look at your postings here as evidence of your capability to do the job!

Good luck! :beer:

Debaser
18-05-2010, 16:27:48
In the additional skills part of the application did you mention that you could drive the team bus if necessary?

devilmunchkin
18-05-2010, 16:27:53
I hear you. The last job I applied for (in Feb) took over a month to get back to me. It's horrible especially when you NEED the money.

jsorense
18-05-2010, 21:04:55
DUDE! Go for it. Just make sure that your enthusiasm for gaming erupts. [can I say that on this BB?]
Anyway, under no circumstances can you admit to ever having heard of some crazynutterwackomalcontent that goes by the nom de BB chagarra.
Right, right, right?
Don't thank me now. Send me real money when you get the gig.
BTW, I have been doing some research on bourbons and your favorite, IIRC, Jim Beam Black Label, isn't nearly as bad as I thought. [cheers] :beer:

chagarra
19-05-2010, 00:36:54
HEY..... Whats this "crazy Nutter" shite....

I'm a grumpy geriatric as everyone knows.....:bash::tizzy:

If you've got me confused with Bro Greg, Forget it...I'm not a nutter that would stay in a yucky polluted city like Sydney with pretentious pollys and bus drivers..

I'm a Melburnian,, but fairly soon to be Taswegian..

chagarra
19-05-2010, 00:40:43
Forgot to add...

And crap football teams..Storm or Broncos for me..

Greg W
19-05-2010, 01:46:05
That's alright Chaggara, I don't like supporting cheats! :pGod, I hope they don't look at your postings here as evidence of your capability to do the job!

Good luck! :beer:I thought for about a millisecond about mentioning here. Then a brief moment of common sense overcame me and I didn't. God knows what they'd make of you lot and my interaction here. They'd probably call for the padded van and a straight jacket immediately.In the additional skills part of the application did you mention that you could drive the team bus if necessary?Er. No. That might lead to questions about handbrakes... :nervous:I hear you. The last job I applied for (in Feb) took over a month to get back to me. It's horrible especially when you NEED the money.Fortunately, i don't need the money. In fact, even at the highest advertised wage, it'd be about a $15k per year drop for me. It would do wonders for me in terms of job happiness though.

Though, of course, you only ever know that once you're in the job, have learned everything the job entails and met your cowies.

jsorense
19-05-2010, 01:47:14
HEY..... Whats this "crazy Nutter" shite....

I'm a grumpy geriatric as everyone knows.....:bash::tizzy:

Hey, Grumpy Dude, it takes one to know one. :beer:
Very happy to see you are still spooking around. The place would not be the same place without you. :more::beer:

Greg W
19-05-2010, 01:47:52
DUDE! Go for it. Just make sure that your enthusiasm for gaming erupts. [can I say that on this BB?]
Anyway, under no circumstances can you admit to ever having heard of some crazynutterwackomalcontent that goes by the nom de BB chagarra.
Right, right, right?
Don't thank me now. Send me real money when you get the gig.
BTW, I have been doing some research on bourbons and your favorite, IIRC, Jim Beam Black Label, isn't nearly as bad as I thought. [cheers] :beer:Oh, almost forgot, yeah, Jimmy Black ain't bad at all.

As for sending you real money... I live in Australia. We have play money, remember?

Koshko
19-05-2010, 01:49:23
Job hunting is the second worst thing ever.

jsorense
19-05-2010, 01:52:25
Oh, almost forgot, yeah, Jimmy Black ain't bad at all.

As for sending you real money... I live in Australia. We have play money, remember?

'Jimmy Black' 'play money' Oh, yeah, I forgot, you don't actually speak English (or American) down there, do you?:confused:

Greg W
19-05-2010, 02:17:28
Jsorense: whatchoo talkin bout Willis? :clueless:

Koshko: what's the worst? :confused: :brwncard: ?

jsorense
19-05-2010, 02:37:28
Jsorense: whatchoo talkin bout Willis? :clueless: ?
Like, man, I rest my case, dude.;)

Koshko
19-05-2010, 02:57:42
Koshko: what's the worst? :confused: :brwncard: ?

Moving