PDA

View Full Version : Championship Football

MOBIUS
06-04-2010, 13:17:51
So, Newcastle are promoted back to the Prem, with West Brom soon to join them - Posh are relegated.

Enjoyed watching 3rd and 4th Notts Forest Vs Cardiff on Match of the Day yesterday, though a couple of the Cardiff players seemed more intent on killing each other than the opposition! Cardiff seem to be getting stronger coming into the playoffs compared to their massive collapse last year, having beaten the other playoff contenders, Leicester and Swansea(!), and drawing yesterday over the Easter break.

The other two teams in realistic playoff contention are barnstorming Blackpool, just a point off the pace with a superior goal difference to 5th and 6th and, surprisingly, a resurgent Reading who are potentially a couple of points behind assuming they convert their two games in hand into wins! The points gap and the form of the rest of the chasing pack doesn't lead me to believe that they can catch up - but then you never know as Cardiff managed to squander a 12 point lead and +18 goal difference to Preston with only four games of the season left last year!!!:gasmaske_eek:

Should be an exciting run in to the end of the season!:beer:

Funko
06-04-2010, 13:40:47
Yep! I don't think Reading will sneak into the play-offs but it's not impossible. Maybe we'll get our trip to Wembley after all!

MOBIUS
08-04-2010, 10:02:31
Cardiff are hosting Reading this weekend, in what must be a do or die game for the Royals - I am tempted to go along to that one!

Funko
08-04-2010, 10:03:42
Thinking of going to Newcastle on Tuesday. They've been promoted so won't take it seriously... erm.