PDA

View Full Version : Counterglow Blood Bowl League - Season 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Funko
05-04-2010, 17:57:54
Right, we've done a test technology demo and we're ready to start people signing up for the real league. Please read all of the instructions in here before you start.

1. Create a Team.

NOTE: I CAN'T DELETE YOUR TEAM SO IF YOU FUCK THIS STEP UP YOU FUCK THE WHOLE LEAGUE UP!

Fire up a new single player Campaign or Championship, create a new team and buy players, and when done go to Quit > Export Team. This places a copy of the team in the following directory:XP: My Documents\BloodBowl\Saves\Teams
Vista/Windows 7: Documents\BloodBowl\Saves\Teams
You'll see a .db file with your team name. This is what you submit.
Point your browser at http://bloodbowldigital.com/index.php?option=com_bbql. From there, click the Counterglow Blood Bowl League.
In the "Upload a Team File" box, click the "Browse" button and find the team file that you exported above. Enter the password HARDMAN
Click "Upload File"
If all goes well, the app will consume your file and redirect your browser to your Team Page. Your team is now joined to the league you have chosen.

Source (http://bloodbowldigital.com/forum/index.php?f=15&t=287&rb_v=viewtopic) (we're doing an 'offline league')

2. Download and install free Hamachi client

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/

Once it has installed, create yourself a login and add yourself to the CGBBLeague network. Password HARDMAN. We'll play the games via Direct-IP and this just makes life a bit easier!

Funko
05-04-2010, 18:04:00
How to play.

Agree a time to play, and which player will host the game.
Download your team from the online league and save it to your team directory. Overwrite any old version of the team, do not modify the file name! XP: My Documents\BloodBowl\Saves\Teams
Vista/Windows 7: Documents\BloodBowl\Saves\Teams
At appointed game time, log into the counterglow network on Hamachi. Hopefully you'll see your opponent also logged in. There is a very basic chat facility on Hamachi but you are probably better using MSN or something.

Host

Fire up Blood Bowl
Go to Multi-player then to LAN/Direct-IP games
Click the create/host game button
Select "Classic" rules and wait for your opponent to join you

Connecting Player

Make a note of your host's IP address from Hamachi (displayed next to their computer name)
Fire up Blood Bowl
Go to Multi-player then to LAN/Direct-IP games
Click "Connect to a remote game"
Enter the IP from Hamachi and connect

Both Players

You should both now be able to see each other in the game. Pick your league team from the drop down in the top right and when you are ready click "Ready!" when both players are ready the host can launch the game.

After the Match

One player must upload the match report. Agree between you which will do it.
The file is uploaded to the main league page here:
http://bloodbowldigital.com/index.php?option=com_bbql&view=league&leagueId=591

Submitting Match Reports
Match Reports ARE NOT Replay files. I'll repeat that again later. Don't bother trying to upload a replay file, because the system will refuse it.

Immediately after playing a match, ONE (and only ONE) coach should submit the match report. It is important to submit this immediately, because the file that the game generates will get overwritten if you play another match. The file you must submit lives in the following location:
XP: My Documents\BloodBowl\MatchReport.sqlite
Vista/Windows 7: Documents\BloodBowl\MatchReport.sqlite

I'm probably going to wind up adding some kind of measure to prevent accidental multiple submissions, as this has already been a problem with those who were alpha testing the system. But for now, just be careful, as I don't have the countermeasure in place yet.

So one last time.... Match Reports ARE NOT Replay files.

http://bloodbowldigital.com/forum/index.php?f=15&t=287&rb_v=viewtopic

Funko
05-04-2010, 18:04:35
Managing Your Team

You need to manage your team in the online interface via blood bowl digita.

This includes buying journeymen to fill out your roster if you don't have 11 players able to take the field. You will not be able to download your team until you have filled out your roster.

You can also buy/sell players apothecaries cheerleaders etc. through this interface.

Funko
05-04-2010, 18:05:16
Direct link to the league homepage:

Current Teams Race Coach Team Value
1 Clar Karond Ravens Dark Elf Funko 1000
2 Karak-Drak Frostbeards Dwarf king_ghidra 1000
3 X-Rats Skaven Fistandantilus 1000

Funko
05-04-2010, 18:06:29
I think this was the rest of the line-up:

Tau Ceti - Lizzies
MOBIUS - Orcs
Beta - Goatboys
Illi - Wood Elves
Shakey - Humans?
New Phil - Goblins?

Fistandantilus
05-04-2010, 22:29:41
For us dumb ones, we have to install some software to export our team right? :D

King_Ghidra
05-04-2010, 22:35:31
only Blood Bowl :p

Read Part 1 again :cool:

Fistandantilus
05-04-2010, 23:26:56
Oh, ok got it, I was blind. Will upload my team tomorrow

Fistandantilus
06-04-2010, 06:57:43
Done :beer:

Funko
06-04-2010, 07:46:36
Excellent. That's 3. Fist, I hope you have a lot of replacement X-Men for when those Rats die? :)

Fistandantilus
06-04-2010, 08:08:21
:lol: yeah lucky enough there are many of them to choose from :p

King_Ghidra
06-04-2010, 08:50:48
:D I think there are enough to run a snotling team, never mind skaven.

MOBIUS
06-04-2010, 09:29:33
Will get on this tonight.

MOBIUS
06-04-2010, 14:35:20
The team name is likely to be something like:

Kairdiff Krusaderz
Merthyr Mayhem
Rhondda Rebelz
Valleyz Vigilanteez

King_Ghidra
06-04-2010, 16:01:50
you're taking inspiration from some kind of RnB night?

MDA
06-04-2010, 17:42:18
substitute k for c, z for s, you can't lose! :p

MOBIUS
06-04-2010, 20:07:38
you're taking inspiration from some kind of RnB night?

I just figure that the general population of the Welsh Valleys look and act like Orcs anyway...:D

They do have a sense of humour though, there's a really good Fish and Chip shop up there called 'A Fish called Rhondda'...:D

Funko
07-04-2010, 08:03:56
I suppose they have to.

Fistandantilus
08-04-2010, 13:17:33
This is scheduled for a 2011 start right? :p

Funko
08-04-2010, 13:22:11
Some people do seem to be waiting for the expansion!

Beta1 is away... not sure where MOBIUS and Friends, Tau Ceti or The Shaker are.

MOBIUS
08-04-2010, 15:15:25
Just been/am a bit busy. Have the team basically sorted – just need to set it up and into the league, er, at some point…

Will remind the other guys, I think ‘New Phil’ is back now.

Funko
08-04-2010, 15:25:10
re-Phil?

MOBIUS
08-04-2010, 15:56:26
:lol:

Tau Ceti
08-04-2010, 16:17:58
I should probably drop out.

My apartment will be barely inhabitable for the next couple of weeks due to bathroom reconstruction. I was thinking I might be able to drop by and play the league games occasionally in the evenings, but upon further review of the likely amount of dust and general nuisance, I should probably pack the computer away. It does not seem worth the hassle to start playing now.

Apologies, and I hope it does not create much trouble for you guys.

Fistandantilus
08-04-2010, 17:11:40
Two weeks (or some more) is not like it's a long time to wait for me..

The Shaker
08-04-2010, 17:46:25
Right...think i've joined the league and the wotsitdoodaathingy.

Tau Ceti
08-04-2010, 19:16:01
Two weeks (or some more) is not like it's a long time to wait for me..

The construction period is five weeks (starting next week). I will be living elsewhere for at least three weeks, but possibly the whole period. Since I don't know exactly at the moment, I don't want to keep people waiting.

Beta1
09-04-2010, 16:46:04
right I'm back - sorting team now

Beta1
09-04-2010, 18:32:41
do i want the managed or unmanaged hamachi thing?

King_Ghidra
09-04-2010, 23:43:35
unmanaged

MOBIUS
12-04-2010, 00:05:26
Da Inglourious Basterds will soon be making their appearance, except I set them up on multiplayer and I can't be arsed to set it up on single player again just now...:clueless:

Funko
12-04-2010, 07:52:17
I thought I was going to be holding things up by being away. :)

Tau, maybe you can join in next season?

Tau Ceti
12-04-2010, 09:51:48
Sure, I might well do that.

Funko
12-04-2010, 10:51:40
Da Inglourious Basterds will soon be making their appearance, except I set them up on multiplayer and I can't be arsed to set it up on single player again just now...:clueless:

So, I think that means it's just you and the 2 n00bs holding things up?

MOBIUS
12-04-2010, 22:48:49
One Orc team uploaded!

Chadd Orkosinko already reckons he'll be scoring more TDs than the rest of the league put together, in other words "Child Please"...:cool:

King_Ghidra
13-04-2010, 09:14:19
now get your pals to get a move on

Funko
13-04-2010, 09:24:11
I am going to struggle to find time to play a match until May 3rd.

Working every day until 23rd, and doing stuff most evenings then going to San Francisco. But I will make every effort to find a couple of hours one evening.

MOBIUS
13-04-2010, 20:11:14
Right, Phil's PC needs reformatting and he hasn't got the time to rebuild it, so he's calling off for this season.

Illi is working through uploading as I type this now...

Funko
14-04-2010, 07:43:35
Right, cool so that's everyone then? Great. I'll push the button.

Funko
14-04-2010, 07:50:37
Right, go here to see the match schedule!

Unbelievably I'm starting with MOBIUS and finishing with K_G again! EDIT: that is unbelievable, I'm actually starting against Shakey. :D

round 1

X-Rats - the tree muggers
beta's Blockers - Karak-Drak Frostbeards
Clar Karond Ravens - Raging Storms

Shakey, can you play on Sunday evening or monday evening? These are pretty much the only times I have available until after May bank holiday.

Fistandantilus
14-04-2010, 08:01:44
Post reserved for how to play games instructions

:cute:

Beta1
14-04-2010, 08:11:01
KG - any evening this week is good for me, or pretty much anytime friday.

Fistandantilus
14-04-2010, 08:12:22
Thanks for the edit Funko :beer:

Funko
14-04-2010, 08:13:36
:lol: I was writing them as you were posting that reply. :beer:

If anyone things those instructions need improving after playing, or if anything doesn't make sense let me know. Some of the options might not be called exactly what I've labelled them, I was writing it from memory.

King_Ghidra
14-04-2010, 08:14:44
let's say tomorrow night then beta. 9pm?

Funko
14-04-2010, 08:34:32
MOBIUS has a goblin!

Oh, and only one re-roll. I think he'll come to rue that quite badly.

illi
14-04-2010, 10:11:11
Ok Fistand! busy this weekend, but up for a birching asap.

MOBIUS
14-04-2010, 10:28:15
MOBIUS has a goblin!

Oh, and only one re-roll. I think he'll come to rue that quite badly.

Yeah, I immediately realised I might have been a bit dumb there and wanted to change things around when I saw other people's teams - but then I remembered this:

NOTE: I CAN'T DELETE YOUR TEAM SO IF YOU FUCK THIS STEP UP YOU FUCK THE WHOLE LEAGUE UP!

And thought better of it...:lol:

MOBIUS
14-04-2010, 10:29:46
I am also busy this weekend, coincidentally, but should be up for a game of Monday night football!

Beta1
14-04-2010, 10:31:55
let's say tomorrow night then beta. 9pm?

great - I'll look forward to getting my arse kicked, again...

King_Ghidra
14-04-2010, 11:33:54
lol, this time it'll be a bash v bash grindfest. 1-0 to one of us i reckon. i won't be doing any crazy wardancer heroics and running in tds for fun this season.

Funko
14-04-2010, 11:44:55
Round 1 Preview

X-Rats - the tree muggers

In most leagues a skaven vs elf tie would be a high scoring game of elegance and beauty but X-Rats coach Fist showed his brutal streak last year with the Rotten Wererats, their intensely violent approach might not have led to many touchdowns but they led the league in kills and casualties. Many fans would consider that made them championship winners.

Rookie coach illi might just be praying his players can get through the game alive. That said the wood elves did win the title last season and they could be one to watch.

beta's Blockers - Karak-Drak Frostbeards

Last years top two coaches meet in what some people are already calling a championship decider. Beta's Blockers may, technically, be the only returning side from last season but Beta1 showed his brutal streak in the off season having every player publically executed as punishment for last season and inspiration for the new team

Speculation that king_ghidra won't be able to make the transition from elves to dwarves seems misguided. He's had successful seasons previously with dwarves in other championships and the bookmakers have him as odds on to win the title for a second year.

The spread betting market for this game is all about how far the ball will get from the half way line. Our tip, buy 24 yards.

Clar Karond Ravens - Raging Storms

Coach Funko was unsurprisingly given the boot from De Verliezers after last season's fiasco which saw them have their squad devastated by injury, lose the derby against the Greensox and finish bottom of the league. Very surprising was the Clar Karond Ravens decision to hire him as coach. The fans are furious, but we're not sure they could have attracted a better coach. The job was recently described as a "poison chalice" by the CGBBL managers association spokesman Urmum Hardman.

In contrast Shakey's debut season in management saw him take 3rd place, and he was the only manager to take any points from the dominant Greensox in the game of the season. This year some are tipping him to build on that experience and move up to challenge the top two, but we think the squad might not quite have the depth.

Rest day - Da Inglourious Basterds

After last season's sensational escape from bottom place 'Lucky' MOBIUS had his pick of jobs from the more superstitious owners and he's ended up at Da Inglourious Basterds. Not sure if his players from the Bengals would consider him lucky as he seemingly sacrificed them with casual abandon. Possibly his new orc charges will be able to survive longer.

Odds:

Karak-Drak Frostbeards 11/12
beta's Blockers 6/4
Raging Storms 4/1
X-Rats 6/1
Da Inglourious Basterds 8/1
the tree muggers 10/1
Clar Karond Ravens 20/1

Fistandantilus
14-04-2010, 13:06:09
Ok Fistand! busy this weekend, but up for a birching asap.

Non week-end days at 8 pm works best for me (except wednesdays cause I play 5 a side and I'm home later). If that's ok with you pick one and drop a notice here :)

Fistandantilus
14-04-2010, 13:06:33
Awesome preview Funko :beer:

MOBIUS
14-04-2010, 14:12:15
Great preview, so that means I'll be comfortably mid table after week one!:beer:

Funko
14-04-2010, 14:27:32

The Shaker
14-04-2010, 18:05:59
Shakey, can you play on Sunday evening or monday evening? These are pretty much the only times I have available until after May bank holiday.

I'm allowed to play sunday.

King_Ghidra
14-04-2010, 21:50:34
Awesome preview Funko :beer:

amen :beer:

Funko
15-04-2010, 09:08:03
I'm allowed to play sunday.

Brilliant. :beer: What time are you allowed to play?

Funko
15-04-2010, 14:57:26
I'm excited about the big game tonight. :beer:

Fistandantilus
15-04-2010, 16:26:58
Hopefully KG will upload the replay to let us dissect the game and enjoy some dwarf bashing

King_Ghidra
15-04-2010, 17:17:26
only a masochist would sit through chaos v dwarves

wait i forgot, you coach skaven :nervous:

Beta1
15-04-2010, 21:11:46
Seriously exciting game - lots of violence (mostly dished out by the dwarfs), lots of running and dodging (BM are the new Elf runners), 2 BM actually picked up the ball in one game. I even attempted a pass!

First half - I kicked, I got beaten up, KG made mistakes and I picked up and scored.

2nd drive, - I kicked, I got beaten up, KG made more mistakes and I mugged his ball carrier and scored.

2nd half - I received, I got beaten up some more, I made a rather ambitous attempt at a pass, dropped the ball, got beaten up and then the network dropped.

2-0 up to me but 4 players down with a loose ball and 7 turns to go....

The connection through the hamachi was seriously buggy all the way through, lots of juddering and lots of disconnect countdowns. We nearly gave up in the first half after a player took 30sec to move one square.

Before we replay this match we would like to see what you guys find - the game was barely playable.

Fistandantilus
15-04-2010, 23:22:52
Awwww, that's bad :(

MDA
15-04-2010, 23:54:40
there's nothing bad about the part where Ghidra was finally losing!

Funko
16-04-2010, 08:06:40
Damn. :( Annoying because the test run we did was really quick and easy.

We can try Direct-IP without Hamachi too.

King_Ghidra
16-04-2010, 11:16:53
KG made mistakes
[...]
KG made more mistakes

*Ahem*

In the first instance I got raped by skulls on a crucial block and then you didn't fail anything crucial you needed on your pickup and dodges.

In the second I mis-clicked at an absolutely crucial moment thanks to the bullshit lag

The fact that there was a competitive game at all at the time of the drop was down to luck flipping my way on some armour and kickoff rolls.

Either way, it was a joke because of lag issues (e.g. both of us starting the match without being able to set our teams up properly) and i really didn't think we'd even make it through the first half. Not enjoyable on any level.

Funko
16-04-2010, 11:34:16
:(

Fistandantilus
16-04-2010, 11:59:33
*Ahem*

<excuses>

You're nothing but a lot of talk and a badge KG :p

I'm looking forward to a lot of injured dwarves this season.

King_Ghidra
16-04-2010, 12:22:36

Before the first half was over both beta and i were wishing we had picked different races :D

Dwarves have a great many assets but positionally they're on a razor's edge. You can't recover from any slips, unlike say, having an MA 8 blodger to run around the field helping where they like.

Not that this was news to me, but i got a bloody good reminder last night.

illi
16-04-2010, 13:55:17
Non week-end days at 8 pm works best for me (except wednesdays cause I play 5 a side and I'm home later). If that's ok with you pick one and drop a notice here :)

How about next Tues 20th?

Beta1
16-04-2010, 14:12:15
*Ahem*

In the first instance I got raped by skulls on a crucial block and then you didn't fail anything crucial you needed on your pickup and dodges.

In the second I mis-clicked at an absolutely crucial moment thanks to the bullshit lag

The fact that there was a competitive game at all at the time of the drop was down to luck flipping my way on some armour and kickoff rolls.

Either way, it was a joke because of lag issues (e.g. both of us starting the match without being able to set our teams up properly) and i really didn't think we'd even make it through the first half. Not enjoyable on any level.

Nothing to do with the fact that for the first one you left one side of the pitch guarded by a single dwarf who got blitzed by a CW allowing him and two BM to swarm your ball carrier?

Or on the second one where you put so many players on the LOS that despite being 2 men down I could walk 3 BM round the line and threaten the ball carrier?

Admitedly I did have some nice rolls on the pickups but I had plenty of Rerolls in hand

Fistandantilus
16-04-2010, 14:12:42
How about next Tues 20th?

Deal :beer:

Let's hope we'll have less net problems than those bashy teams.

Funko
16-04-2010, 14:30:51
After last weeks aborted attempt to kick the league off the war of words between Blocker's coach Beta and king_ghidra has really hotted up this week.

King_Ghidra
16-04-2010, 15:25:08
Nothing to do with the fact that for the first one you left one side of the pitch guarded by a single dwarf who got blitzed by a CW allowing him and two BM to swarm your ball carrier?

Only one player was pushing it a bit for me, but you needed a knockdown to make anything happen, i.e. a 5 or 6 on your two dice block. on a skull, push or double knockdown you wouldn't have achieved anything and could have had your turn ended. Not only that but it then took you a further two GFI to make contact with my ball carrier. All told that was a large number of rolls needed just to make contact with my ball carrier, no more. I thought it was a risky move on your part, as i had clear field on the left side of the pitch, but it came off.

Or on the second one where you put so many players on the LOS that despite being 2 men down I could walk 3 BM round the line and threaten the ball carrier?

But they weren't even in contact. So had i not suffered my misclick i had an easy run and short throw to the left side of the pitch where i had a blitzer about to be freed up and clear field ahead of me. Your 'threatening' players would have been miles behind the play even if the throw failed. We never got to see how that would have played out, sadly.

Funko
16-04-2010, 16:11:14
Mind games from Shaker: "yeah..i hate hummies..i hope you kill them all"

Funko
18-04-2010, 21:08:32
Shakey and I completed a match... a good game. 2-0 to the Clar Karond Ravens (not to get carried away, I beat a human team first game last league and ended bottom).

Dark elves vs starter humans I think you have an advantage as the elves. Things generally went my way, whole series of blocks where I always had a defender down to pick, even with no re-rolls.

First half I received, ground a gap in his line and ran in a td about turn 4. He came back strong but I held him off, 1-0 at half time.

Second half started with a pitch invasion. I was left with 3 men standing, he had 4 or 5 (but was a man down anyway) cue a desperate defensive scramble. He took advantage well and had a man who could sprint 2 squares to score... and as we all know, 100% of the time that second sprint ends with the man falling over. Which he did. I got the ball and took advantage of the utter disarray on the pitch to run the length of the field to score on the last turn. No injuries, a couple of knockouts... full stats on the league page!

Funko
18-04-2010, 21:10:18
Shakey had a bit of lag, there were a few times the connection nearly dropped, but generally I found it much better than the Cyanide server. Think it was worse for Shakey than me, but he was hosting.

Funko
18-04-2010, 21:12:27
Interesting stats. No passes or casualties in the game.

The Shaker
18-04-2010, 21:24:36
Fair result for Mike.
He beat a hole in my defence and scored first up.
My attempt to fluke a return goal failed miserable.
Went for a piss after kicking off at half time, returned to see everyone laying on the ground.
Didn't manage to get quite as far as I'd liked before his payers got up...eventually decided to run in the 2-go-for-it TD when it appeared..and failed...DAMN YOU viscount...I demote you to ...knight.

Mike picked up, and ran the carnage well...and safe. 2-0 Final turn and well deserved. I never felt I had the possession to justify anything else. Hummies seem a lot harder than Orcs...I kept getting surprised at the lack of 2D blocks. But they can throw and pass. We may be retreating to an outland retreat to practice before the next match.

Fistandantilus
18-04-2010, 21:32:36
Interesting stats. No passes or casualties in the game.

Disgusting.

The Shaker
18-04-2010, 21:43:29
No completed passes anyway....a couple of hand-offs and several failed random throws.

Funko
19-04-2010, 07:51:49
Yeah, I managed to get the ball in turn 7 and tried a long pass into the end zone on turn 8 that fumbled, did give Shakey a very long shot at being able to score on the last turn, probably shouldn't have risked it but he'd have needed a lot of successful rolls without re-rolls. In the end failed to pick up.

Funko
19-04-2010, 08:15:19
Hummies seem a lot harder than Orcs...I kept getting surprised at the lack of 2D blocks.

I'd say this is definitely true, starter humans are very hard to play. You should definitely utilize the gang foul.

Picking a more sensible starting roster for my Dark Elves has made a great difference. No more pointless assassin, only one runner and although I miss the witch elf, the extra blitzer is great.

Funko
19-04-2010, 08:16:17
Oh and my brilliantly brilliant luck with money continued. Managed to get the minimum 20k again (I had 30k and re-rolled it...)

Fistandantilus
19-04-2010, 09:39:00
Hmm I can't access http://bloodbowldigital.com now, is it just me?

Funko
19-04-2010, 09:55:19
I can't either.

The Shaker
19-04-2010, 16:11:18
works now

Funko
19-04-2010, 16:18:46
Ah, I can go back to staring at the league table. Making the most of being top...

The Shaker
19-04-2010, 16:41:08
I'll go and stare at that massive wad of cash I picked up for throwing the game.

Fistandantilus
20-04-2010, 19:10:09
Uhm, illi I see you online on Hamachi but you didn't reply, let me know here if there are any problems :)

Fistandantilus
20-04-2010, 22:48:36
X-Rats 5 - 0 the tree muggers

The game started in an amusing way cause I think every single one of the first 5 turns ended with a turnover :lol:
I was rerolling into double-skulls and illi missing a pass, then I was fumbling the ball and he failing a dodge.. and so on. Crazy stuff, never seen such a streak of bad luck on both ends.

In the end tho, I think he payed the price of inexperience as he really played a too aggressive and risky blood bowl game imho and the all or nothing approach didn't pay off.
I thought I was one of those who have the riskiest (sp?) play style here but I got beaten tonite :)

Toreyl completed three passes for a grand total of 56 yards!! but also threw an incomplete pass and two costly interceptions which I was able to capitalize and turn into TDs. Hadn't them been intercepted the tree muggers would have had some exciting TDs to show off but nuffle decided otherwise.

Oh, and to remind everyone that Skaven are a really a bashy team Colossus broke an elven neck with joy while picking up the only CAS of the match.

On the connection part illi was hosting and I think I lost connection for a few seconds three times but nothing serious and the game wasn't laggy on my end so I guess all went well.

Thanks to illi for the game and good luck for the rest of the tourny :beer:

illi
21-04-2010, 08:50:21
May I congratulate the X-Rats on their stunning uniforms! Those guys look GREAT in purple, and it was Rats against boys I'm afraid! Sorry about the delayed start wow did I get into a pickle with stuff. The acting coach of the Buggerers was 'Player Name', I can confirm he has tended his resignation, though he may assert [to preserve a semblance of dignity, which he never possessed] he is currently unaware of this.

King_Ghidra
21-04-2010, 09:14:03
wow. grats fist.

Well beta i guess we try again. i can do most times so pick a date. and you can host this time.

illi
21-04-2010, 09:44:41
Hmmn too much footy watching on tv obviously, only Cockney pundits discuss geezers who've 'tended' their resignations...

King_Ghidra
21-04-2010, 10:31:43
just use the edit function next time and no one will be the wiser ;)

Funko
21-04-2010, 10:33:07
wow. grats fist.

Well beta i guess we try again. i can do most times so pick a date. and you can host this time.

You can always try doing Direct-IP without Hamachi, and see if that's better at this point it isn't doing much other than giving you an easy way to get your IP address I think (assuming you have the port forwarding set on your routers anyway...)

Funko
21-04-2010, 10:36:09
Tough to play your first game of MP blood bowl in a tournament like this illi!

You're my next opponent but I'm supposed to be flying to San Francisco on Friday so don't think I'll be able to play until the week of the Bank Holiday Monday on the 3rd May (sorry everyone!).

Funko
21-04-2010, 10:37:31
BTW. Everyone remember they have to download their team every game, even if you haven't updated anyone, it updates the stats after each game.

Funko
21-04-2010, 10:38:47
Despite that huge victory by the X-Rats Ravens superstar Adeda Icegrin still sits atop the running and TD charts and Toreyl from the tree muggers completed 3 passes, impressive.

Fistandantilus
21-04-2010, 11:19:58
...You're my next opponent...

Your next opponent is Mobius..

Funko
21-04-2010, 12:16:29
Oh yeah... :lol:

MOBIUS
21-04-2010, 14:40:49
I can play a few practice matches with illi - it'll be like the blind leading the blind...:D

Beta1
21-04-2010, 15:20:11
wow. grats fist.

Tomorrow night 9pm again?

King_Ghidra
21-04-2010, 16:08:39
sure

Funko
22-04-2010, 07:46:20
I don't know if I need to move the game week on after you've played but if so I'll try and do that anyway so the rest of you can start week 2.

illi
22-04-2010, 09:56:43
Just wallowing in my great victory. Mmm yes. Being the fact that I didn't: " FUCK THE WHOLE LEAGUE UP! " Oh yes. They can never take it away from me. You know what I mean? stretches back, pushes chair on to back legs - sighs relaxedly - That I didn't do that. saa-tis-factioningmmmn... :cool:

King_Ghidra
22-04-2010, 11:40:49

Beta1
22-04-2010, 21:38:08
Well the rerun was literally a rerun - 2-0 to me.

Another game that had everything - including a classic GFI flat on the face in the scoring zone moment from me, and a PASS!!! Yes you heard it right there was a pass in a Chaos v dwarf match and someone actually cuaght it! I forget who - thats not important - because someone actually passed the ball!!!

Basically my legs were longer than KGs.

King_Ghidra
22-04-2010, 21:44:04
Not well played by me. Beta certainly deserved the win, especially as he had to beat me twice.

Nothing worked, no decent plan, no effective play, absolute rubbish and thoroughly depressing throughout. I have some serious frustration to take out on Fist's skaven :tizzy:

Beta's Blockers go in the book of grudges:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/sunj_a/Warhammer/Dwarves/Bookofgrudges-1.jpg

Fistandantilus
22-04-2010, 21:47:38
I have some serious frustration to take out on Fist's skaven :tizzy:

:(

King_Ghidra
22-04-2010, 21:57:13
and after you those squishy elves with no rerolls before my week off. if the field isn't running with blood by then i'll dump my players in the frozen norscan seas myself.

Fistandantilus
23-04-2010, 08:18:58
Useless but amusing :cute: stats

Team Winnings
Raging Storms 60,000
beta's Blockers 50,000
Karak-Drak Frostbeards 50,000
the tree muggers 50,000
X-Rats 50,000
Clar Karond Ravens 20,000

Fistandantilus
23-04-2010, 11:25:32
Hey KG, assuming there are no problems starting the second round how does monday night (8pm?) sound?

King_Ghidra
23-04-2010, 12:03:23
sure

King_Ghidra
24-04-2010, 08:32:01
btw whether or not the league has to be moved on, and i don't think it does, we can play the game anyway and just keep the appropriate file until we can submit it.

Funko
24-04-2010, 14:21:36
There's no function to move the league on so I assume we continue as before.

I don't see what's amusing about the table of team winnings. :mad:

King_Ghidra
26-04-2010, 16:21:33
(8pm?)

GMT right? :D

King_Ghidra
26-04-2010, 19:03:11
fist, some problems? you were online, then offline, now i can see you but you're blocked untrusted in hamachi...?

Fistandantilus
26-04-2010, 19:11:00
hmmm am I? Trying rebooting

King_Ghidra
26-04-2010, 22:09:56
X-Rats 0 - 1 Karak-Drak Frostbeards

Frostbeards coach 'King' Ghidra seemed satisfied after his team finally notched their first win of the campaign, with his team playing the kind of Blood Bowl he would have expected from the beginning of the season. The match itself was the second attempt by the two teams to complete the fixture, the first being interrupted at half time by the eruption of a minor border war between the two factions.

Receiving the kick-off, the dwarves began a crunching drive but became enmeshed in a mid-field melee that forced star runner Burlak Blasthammer to make several changes of direction to find a hole. Finally with several x-rats knocked off the park Blasthammer thundered down the sideline for the score as the half ended. 1-0.

As the second half began, the x-rats forced an early KO that seemed to give them an early advantage, but slippery hands from their thrower set their offence back, and the Frostbeards began to inflict casualties to turn the tide against the hapless rats. As the second half drew to a close, the rats' numbers were thinning fast, but they still had one final break to threaten an equaliser. The Frostbeards desperately attempted to block the rats route to goal, and in one final heroic play, blitzer Lolki intercepted the x-rats' final pass to end a miserable day for their thrower and a solid victory for the Frostbeards.

Ghidra was sparse with his compliments after the match, but will have been pleased to see the first points of the season on the board, and the five casualties the team notched up in the process. 'There is still plenty to work on, but at times they looked like a real Blood Bowl team out there. Hopefully that performance will give the other teams something to think about.'

Fistandantilus
27-04-2010, 00:29:57
Not much to add to KG's fine report. First half the rats tried to contain the slow but unstoppable dwarven advance, in the end it was Cyclops falling down while stretching the defense who left open the path to end zone but the dwarves already had numerical advantage and we felt the TD was inevitable at that point.

We then had 2 turns to try and get level but the dwarves defended well and deep, Professor X was unable to complete a short pass (actually it was Rogue missing the catch on a perfect pass but we like to blame our thrower) and when the ball hit the ground the first half ended with the Frostbeards up 1-0.

The start of the second half again saw Professor X bad play as he failed to pick up the ball..
We were slowed down by that and unable to reach and form a cage in the middle so we retrated back but KG played smart and didn't take the bait. He stayed put, pressuring the receivers and controlling the midfield while piling up injuries instead of pursuing the ball carrier.

A run to the left was quickly followed by a rapid change of the front of attack trying to take advantage of our long, quick legs. Professor X found himself with the ball near the right sideline in Frostbeard territory but his bodyguard was knocked down and two dwarves were able to go for it and get in contact with him.

At that point he had the choice to blitz out of the tackle zone and then dodge into a TD or trying a medium pass to tie the score.

Both high risk options but was last turn and he had to try, he went for the second option and as Shadowcat made herself free in the endzone ready to catch the pass he managed to make his pass intercepted by a dwarf! Oh, the shame.
That ended a highly entertaining game.

Casualties have been severe and we will take some time to recover from this carnage.

No more gambling for Gambit who got brutally murdered on the pitch. Bottom line: risk taking rat = dead rat.

http://64.13.248.103/images/gambit01.jpg

RIP Gambit, you will be remembered for doing absolutly nothing but being punched around the line of scrimmage like a rag doll, you will be sorely missed nonetheless.

Cyclops and Rogue will also miss the next game due to injuries (the latter actually got saved from a much worse fate thanks to the apothecary quick intervention).

P.S.
I rolled a double levelling up a Stormvermin and usually I grab Dodge in that situation but.. well the Stormvermin in question was Wolverine and I really couldn't pass on the (roleplay) opportunity of giving him claws :lol: Yes, I'm a nerd.

King_Ghidra
27-04-2010, 08:12:38
:beer:

Beta1
27-04-2010, 16:17:30
shakey - when you up for a game?

Thursday nights tend to be best for me but could prob stretch to friday.

The Shaker
27-04-2010, 17:45:03
Lets say thursday at 8

Beta1
27-04-2010, 18:49:04
should be fine.

Funko
27-04-2010, 21:35:53
That puts me back top!

Fistandantilus
27-04-2010, 22:35:04
That's disturbing.

Beta1
29-04-2010, 19:00:04
Sadly this evening's match between the blockers and raging storm has been postponed.

A serious infestation of squigs has rendered the pitch unplayable.

On the brightside the blockers are enjoying an impromptu squig BBQ.

Beta1
02-05-2010, 21:39:08
Raging Storms 0 - 2 beta's Blockers

keeping up the record of 1 goal every half and being the only chaos team in history not to kill anyone!

game was all but decided by a pitch invasion at the start which left me able to receive and walk through what was left of the humies defence. I then camped and bashed until 2 KOs, scored and watched 1 stand up imediately and 1 come back 1 turn later at the half time. 2nd half shakey's QB failed to pick up the ball repeatedly allowing me time to beat his team up again. Eventually superior strength resulted in a block on the ball carrier - both down but shakey never got the chance to get the ball back - A CW picked up and trundled up to score the second.

Beta1
02-05-2010, 21:40:37
Annoyingly despite scoring 4 TDs in 2 games and a CAS I have no players levelled up. Really missing having a frenzier and a extra hands BM.

still got enough gold for a spare BM and an Apoc. Lucky since i have orcs next.

Funko
04-05-2010, 07:50:42
MOBIUS, let me know when you can play. Thursday night any good?

MOBIUS
04-05-2010, 11:44:54
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Er, no.:lol:

Funko
04-05-2010, 12:01:30
Nothing interesting will happen before 11.

ok, Saturday, or Monday night then?

MOBIUS
04-05-2010, 12:13:09
Unless you happen to know lots of Lib Dems who want to flog you like a slave for the whole day in Newport, where we stand a chance of winning a seat...:clueless:

They're trying to get me to get up for 4am FFS!:rolleyes:

Sat or prob Mon should be OK.

Funko
04-05-2010, 12:59:13
Ok maybe sometime Saturday afternoon?

Funko
04-05-2010, 13:00:46
and didn't think you'd actually be working the election. :lol:

Funko
06-05-2010, 08:18:21
I am working Saturday now. :(

Have to be Tuesday or Thursday night next week.

MOBIUS
06-05-2010, 08:58:38
I'll see what I can do for Tuesday, Thursday I'll be homeless in Berlin...

King_Ghidra
06-05-2010, 10:37:14
Less whining, more Blood Bowl

Funko
06-05-2010, 10:58:48
I'll see what I can do for Tuesday, Thursday I'll be homeless in Berlin...

Let's definitely do Tuesday then or we'll be holding everyone up another week...

MOBIUS
08-05-2010, 21:55:40
OK

Funko
10-05-2010, 08:18:45
Cool, 8pm?

MOBIUS
10-05-2010, 14:51:20
OK

Funko
10-05-2010, 14:56:26
Excellent.

Funko
11-05-2010, 19:03:43
Right, I'm here?

Funko
11-05-2010, 20:24:29
MOBIUS' internet is down (apparently a Virgin Media problem completely out in his area). Doesn't look like we'll get to play today, I've got my wine course tomorrow and he's off on holiday on Thursday I think?

I'm aware we're holding things up. Sorry. :( The following two games could still go ahead though? If you just store the game files somewhere to upload after we've played.

Karak-Drak Frostbeards - the tree muggers
X-Rats - Raging Storms

illi
12-05-2010, 08:31:41
Ok Karaktacoes! am free most evenings at 8pm - tree buggerer coalition.

King_Ghidra
12-05-2010, 08:51:40
ditto. can do tonight or tomorrow if you like.

illi
12-05-2010, 09:34:32
ok let's do tomorrow? I'd like to watch Ful Ham tonight.

MOBIUS
12-05-2010, 09:43:57
MOBIUS' internet is down (apparently a Virgin Media problem completely out in his area). Doesn't look like we'll get to play today, I've got my wine course tomorrow and he's off on holiday on Thursday I think?

Sorry guys!:(

The TV packed in at midnight as well!:shoot:

Apparently the entire O2 network was toast in Cardiff yesterday as well, so god knows what was going on!

I checked this morning and it is back now. Off to East Germany on Thursday till next Wednesday now...

Funko
12-05-2010, 09:53:08
ok cool so we could play next Thurs?

King_Ghidra
12-05-2010, 10:12:18
ok let's do tomorrow? I'd like to watch Ful Ham tonight.

sure

King_Ghidra
13-05-2010, 10:44:59
Frostbeards bye-week fate in players' hands

Frostbeards coach 'King' Ghidra has found an unusual way of motivating his players ahead of their game against the Tree Muggers tonight - he has told his players the result will decide how they get to spend their bye week.

"One way or the other, I can't let the players drop their performance level or concentration with the upcoming bye week. But if we win tonight, and also manage to clear the field of elves in the process, the players can have a week off. If we just win, it's training as normal. If we draw, well the players will have to turn out for a friendly match against the reserves."
"And if you lose?"
"Then I've lined up a match with the Icicle Pass Frost Trolls."

The reaction of most of the players to Ghidra's unusual plan was positive, as star runner Burlak Blasthammer explained:
"We know the boss was upset at our week one loss, and I think since then he has been trying to make sure we keep our focus. Speaking for the players, I don't think any of us need any extra motivation to trample these elven pansies anyway."

However, at least one of Ghidra's players might have taken his incentive the wrong way - Troll Slayer Dalrim Ogre-throttler was rumoured to be aching for the chance to have a crack at the Frost Trolls!

illi
13-05-2010, 17:17:29
Hey King, what's your Hamachi name? I can only see 5 chaps there, so am wondering if I still have to connect to someone.

King_Ghidra
13-05-2010, 18:15:27
um not sure... Philip-PC possibly? :lol:

illi
13-05-2010, 18:39:03
gotcha, you're all lit up. good. right then. all ready.

Yes.

Ah! good i found my instructions! shall i try and host?

King_Ghidra
13-05-2010, 21:49:30
Tree Muggers 0 - 2 Karak-Drak Frostbeards

The Frostbeards ran out comfortable victors in a game in which the Muggers had more than one chance to make a game of it.

Receiving the kick-off, the Frostbeards began a textbook drive, knocking elves aside and sending Blasthammer through to the goal-line. Dwarven plans to stall the game while they knocked elves off the pitch were thwarted after a solo effort by the Muggers' wardancer pushed Blasthammer over the line for the TD. 1-0 to the Frostbeards, but the Muggers had half of the first period to look for an equaliser.

The elves came out with a quick burst and finding space down the dwarven right side, made a rapid passing move that sent their catcher free and within touching distance of the goal-line. A desperate rearguard action from the dwarves knocked the catcher off the pitch, but the ball came back into play within reach of both teams. Again the Muggers picked up the ball, and another pass saw another player tantalisingly close to an equaliser. Once again desperate dwarven defending saved the score, and this time they were able to recover and retain the ball to see out the half.

The dwarves kicked-off to open the second half, and following the eruption of a drunken riot, the Elves tried a repeat of their bold first half passing move while several dwarves lay prone. This time though, the Frostbeards were defending a little deeper, and the throw was less successful, scattering into neutral ground. Both teams scrambled to recover the ball, but dwarven strength won out, and suddenly the elven casualties started to rise, several players being KO'ed or injured. The dwarves began to isolate the remaining Muggers and managed to get the ball to Blasthammer who set off for the Elven line. As the clock ticked away, the elves could only lie and watch as the runner crossed the line for the final score.

Frostbeards coach 'King' Ghidra seemed happy with the result, his team's second win on the bounce since their opening-day defeat.
"We had a scare or two, and I take my share of the blame for that because our defensive set-up wasn't good enough. But the boys responded well and showed good dwarven resilience, and in the second half they really came out and played Blood Bowl."

Ghidra also revealed the team would be permanently signing journeyman Bludrun Stormpeak after his immense two-casualty performance.
"Bludrun had a good reputation around here and narrowly missed the cut for the squad when we were first putting it together. He got a chance today and took it with both hands, and we certainly won't let him slip through our fingers again."

King_Ghidra
13-05-2010, 21:58:48
By the by, you can submit matches out of the scheduled order, so I submitted this one, and Fist and Shakey, you can do likewise if you play before the other game.

illi
14-05-2010, 09:52:00
The Muggers abase themselves at the foot of the King*, and thank him for his kind words during the ubiquitous pre-game heart attack suffered by the Muggers' owner, Loryers Arrallcruks.

*They had no other choice all being laid out at the end of the game

Funko
14-05-2010, 10:21:40

Nice report.

New leader at the top of the TD chart too.

3 Burlak Blasthammer Karak-Drak Frostbeards Runner

Funko
14-05-2010, 10:30:50
It's so great being able to see the stats. And nice that MOBIUS is firmly mid-table despite not playing any games. :lol:

Beta1
14-05-2010, 15:31:35
I've lost track - am I meant to be playing someone yet?

Funko
14-05-2010, 15:55:52
No. You're playing MOBIUS after I've played him... then me.

Funko
14-05-2010, 15:57:35
If I can play MOBIUS next thurs/fri after he gets back then we can play ASAP after that.

King_Ghidra
14-05-2010, 16:46:56
well theoretically anyone can play any yet to be played fixture, it just depends if people are happy subverting the scheduled order

you know, what with mobius dragging the league into the mire and all :cute:

Funko
15-05-2010, 08:17:03
To be fair, I was away for a week before him and my work schedule has been ridiculous, not just his fault.

I think we'll catch up next week...

King_Ghidra
16-05-2010, 14:18:22
Hey i just spotted these guys:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=616787

Get your legal team ready!

Funko
17-05-2010, 07:45:14
:lol: I guess my thinking wasn't that original.

MOBIUS
20-05-2010, 10:01:27
It's so great being able to see the stats. And nice that MOBIUS is firmly mid-table despite not playing any games. :lol:

I love it when a plan comes together!:D

OK, I made it back from East Germany and should be good for tonight at 8pm!

And I apologise on behalf of Virgin Media for being a crap ISP last week...:p

Funko
20-05-2010, 10:21:50
OK great! :beer: Just text me if there are any issues.

Fistandantilus
20-05-2010, 16:29:57
Uhm, Shakey let me know when you're available, monday or tuesday evenings are the best for me.

Funko
20-05-2010, 19:04:50
It seems they work the internet in Wales by having unemployed miners carry each packet of data into your machine.

Fistandantilus
20-05-2010, 19:09:16

MOBIUS
20-05-2010, 19:26:10
Tis true...:(

MOBIUS
20-05-2010, 19:30:38
And lazy users that should just finish a job instead of coming back to it a month later and fucking the whole thing up!:o

Funko
20-05-2010, 19:42:37
And we're off!

Fistandantilus
20-05-2010, 19:47:14
:eek:
Where is the min by min report?

Funko
20-05-2010, 19:49:26
Gah this is horrendous, haven't kicked off and had 5 timeouts.

Funko
20-05-2010, 19:51:46
And it's dead.

We'll give it another go but MOBIUS connection just might not be up to playing today.

Funko
20-05-2010, 19:56:41
Here we go again.

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:00:40
Seems a lot faster.. kck off happened I get a linesman injured hit by a rock. Fuck.

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:09:30
I've made a risky play, a blitzer downfield on his own, but can only be caught by his runner. I think...

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:15:12
Touchdown Ravens!

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:16:50
Now to defend with 10 men. For some reason it's given me a lot of 1d blocks that I think should have been 2d. Man blocking was in a TZ but an assisting man wasn't. Have I gone mental?

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:17:39
Great kick, left the ball on the pitch right down his end.

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:18:50
He fumbles the pick up with a blitzer, the ball scatters to the runner, who picks it up!

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:21:46
And he didn't use his re-roll. 1 each remaining. Turn 4.

Fistandantilus
20-05-2010, 20:26:42
Suspance

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:27:12
Yes, injured a player. He used his apoc... badly hurt

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:32:23
Fuck he passed the ball!

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:33:13
Then ran the guy who caught it into the melee in the middle of the field. Huh?

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:35:15
FUCK! I knocked him over and could have got the ball (and potentially passed for a TD) but failed a 3+ dodge with a reroll. FUCK

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:38:04
He picked the ball up without a RR again! Luckiest orkies ever.

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:38:49
ah ok the thrower does have sure hands.

Fistandantilus
20-05-2010, 20:42:14
LOL

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:42:23
Turn 7. He doesn't have anyone in TD range... hope for an early turnover!

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:45:25
Argh the dreaded red countdown.

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:46:08
FUCK Dead

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:47:55
How can the internet be so shit in 2010?

King_Ghidra
20-05-2010, 20:50:03
The internet is part of the problem, and the cyanide blood bowl client and the way it handles this stuff is another part. For one thing a 1 minute time out is too harsh, and for another there's absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be a save/resume type functionality.

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:50:55
What an annoying time to fail as well. He had a chance of a TD to level things into second half. I thought I was staring at another of those 2-1 losses where I'd started 1 up.

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:51:27
The internet is part of the problem, and the cyanide blood bowl client and the way it handles this stuff is another part. For one thing a 1 minute time out is too harsh, and for another there's absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be a save/resume type functionality.

Yes. Fair points, but it is infuriating as I know you know!

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:52:37
I'm sure Cyanide have to shoulder a lot of the blame, I haven't had anything like this kind of problems with other games, even ones which require much more data to be sent like RTS or FPS. All this really has to send is player positions and dice rolls, and it's hardly critical it stays in sync.

Although maybe they have had to build the sync capability in for the 6 people who play it real time.

Funko
20-05-2010, 20:53:45

We should play our match hot seat! :)

Fistandantilus
20-05-2010, 20:58:19
Only in Wales

MOBIUS
20-05-2010, 20:59:19
It's called Virgin Media - they did have to do something with the unemployed miners after all...:rolleyes:

Sunday morning then.

Funko
20-05-2010, 21:02:08
I just posted a very English annoyed rant on Cyanide forums. Which will make it all better.

Fistandantilus
20-05-2010, 21:03:35

King_Ghidra
20-05-2010, 21:13:38
Yes. Fair points, but it is infuriating as I know you know!

Yes absolutely. Very very frustrating.

We should play our match hot seat! :)

If we can do that, i'd be happy to.

Funko
21-05-2010, 07:56:35
The league application certainly supports it.

Was I going mad about the 2d block thing? I've looked at the rule book and I'm sure that the game was wrong.

I have a man making a block, who is in the TZs of 2 players, including the man he's blocking.
Also in the TZ of the player being blocked (but no other TZs) is the player I was expecting to assist the block.
All players have S3.

It was giving me 1d blocks, at least 4 times (most of the blocks I made in fact, but by the time I'd moved that far it was too late to not take the block...). The only time I got 2d blocks was when I had 2 assisting players.

And I'm certain none of them was a black orc, I double checked strengths every time.

Really confusing, and a bit of a handicap!

Just double checked the Living Rule Book, page 21. The example there says I should get 2d. :bash:

King_Ghidra
21-05-2010, 08:33:13
I have a man making a block, who is in the TZs of 2 players, including the man he's blocking.

so are these two TZs both enemy players, cos if so one of them is assisting him to counter the guy you mentioned is assisting you

like so?

XT
_Y_A

Y your blocker
A your assister
T your target
X the other guy

MOBIUS
21-05-2010, 08:38:08
Whereas I was getting frustrated at teaming up three guys on a tackle including at least one black orc and only getting 2d rolls...:hmm:

I have a technician guy coming round today between 12-4 to hopefully fix a problem they've detected in the line, as yesterday I was suddenly getting speeds of 0.05Mbps after the game died the 2nd time...:mr_b:

King_Ghidra
21-05-2010, 08:41:23
Yeah well before questioning the client i would suggest you all make sure you know the rules right :D

I'm pretty sure if there were fundamental problems with the blocking calculations it would be a major bug and we would have heard something about it from the community.

Funko
21-05-2010, 09:24:55
so are these two TZs both enemy players, cos if so one of them is assisting him to counter the guy you mentioned is assisting you

like so?

XT
_Y_A

Y your blocker
A your assister
T your target
X the other guy

:lol: Yes, of course. Their support guy wasn't in a TZ. If he was I'd have got my 2d block.

Funko
21-05-2010, 09:25:34
Yeah well before questioning the client i would suggest you all make sure you know the rules right :D

I'm pretty sure if there were fundamental problems with the blocking calculations it would be a major bug and we would have heard something about it from the community.

You'll note I did question my own sanity first. :D

illi
21-05-2010, 09:41:37
But wait! (US accent-) I'm confuuused... :)

Isn't A too far away to assist? or is the underscore around Y just part of his name, as in my christian name, sNip3_STarzz_iLl1_RawMuthaz@cha?

King_Ghidra
21-05-2010, 09:57:02
he's on the diagonal. my _ was a mistake but funko got the gist anyway

Funko
21-05-2010, 10:23:10
Yeah. This is the situation

_X_T
__B_A

B your blocker
A your assister
T your target
X the other guy

If I'd had another player P, he'd have cancelled out his other guy's TZ

_X_T_
P_B_A

King_Ghidra
21-05-2010, 11:11:01
exactly

Funko
21-05-2010, 11:17:32
:D I don't play for a few weeks and forget the whole game.

Fistandantilus
21-05-2010, 12:45:02
Too much wine.

Funko
21-05-2010, 12:48:45
No such thing!

Beta1
21-05-2010, 19:03:06
Tell that to the Duke of Clarence

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:03:01
Right, here we go again.

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:07:06
The Ravens lose the toss, the Basterds choose to kick!

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:10:19
Riot! Turn 1 starts well for the Ravens, they knock out a linesman after working out how to get 2d blocks, pick up the ball and get a couple of men downfield for a potential pass... or is it a feint?

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:16:34
4 Ravens break the orc line, league leading runner Adeda Icegrin on the ball again.

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:26:43
Ravens score! 1-0 (again)

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:27:19
His KOed guy doesn't come back. Bonus.

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:28:53
I delayed by a turn, he managed to catch me up and get in contact with Adeda with 2 men, but nerves of steel pay off, he passes to Dacoral Blackdragon who scores (and levels if he survives)

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:31:15
Blitz! He's been forced to field his stunty, and I bash past him getting 2 men downfield to try and scare his thrower. It might not work.

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:41:24
TURNOVER! HE failed his first block.

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:44:49
Another blitzer KOed and 2 men in contact with this thrower. Why he didn't reroll that block we'll never know.

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:54:19
Coming up to half time, he can't score, no-one in range and we both have 2 men KOed with his range of blocks to come.

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:55:37
Black orc sent off for a dirty turn 8 foul! Result!

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:55:59
we both get one KOed player back. Nice.

Funko
23-05-2010, 10:58:17
Was too busy typing and forgot to kick, was a great kick right down his end zone!

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:00:49
He fumbles! Sure hands doesn't help him. I blitz the weak link again, the stunty and get a couple down field to threaten, worked last time.

Turn 10, he picks ball up.

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:01:42
He's passed! To a blitzer! High risk stuff. Worked though. An orc team that passes?!

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:04:15
He's used his reroll. Could be good for me. I've got 2 left. He's caging on half way.

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:08:33
Gah, 3 2d blocks on his ballcarrier 3 pushbacks, he's now much closer to my line, but surrounded.

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:12:49
He's pushed his runner mostly out of the cage, and in the process shattered the knee of Iceroy Snaketracker. :(

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:17:42
I've got the ball! But not in what you'd call a very well protected position. I am moving back past half way line though.

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:19:48
Boom! Rihdo Tearthief blocked by 5 orcs and KOed. Ouch.

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:24:15
Gah, 2 men downfield rushing for a TD. quick pass from Blitzer to linesman fumbled. Still not sure he can reach the ball this turn with out sprinting.

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:29:27
Massive red box scare! 2-0 though.

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:37:18
I end turn without doing anything, he throws a few blocks. I dodge out the way, and end turn. The red box causing a rematch scaring me more than anything. His T16, my T15. Game won, now keep people alive.

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:41:20
OMG it's all over, successful match completed!

And a win!

Funko
23-05-2010, 11:47:29
I rolled a 1 for cash AGAIN! Luckily the re-roll this time gave me 4. Enough to get an apothecary!