PDA

View Full Version : Counterglow Blood Bowl League - The Future

Funko
11-03-2010, 14:02:36
Are people up for carrying on for additional seasons once this one finishes? (now it's moving relatively fast that might not be long).

I would be.

Fistandantilus
11-03-2010, 14:54:33
Using the same teams?

Funko
11-03-2010, 15:00:10
Yeah. The problem with these short one season leagues is we miss a huge amount of the way teams can develop and the narratives of longer running leagues can get quite interesting.

Some options:

Everyone carries on with the same teams.
We allow some people to retire their team and replace them with a new team.
We create a new league, allow people to bring their team across to the new league or create a new team for it, and potentially add players.
Brand new teams in brand new league
You think I'd ever want to play that fucking game again?

MOBIUS
11-03-2010, 15:17:49
Well, there is something of the masochist in me (I have form, being a West Ham fan) trying to turn this abject failure of a team around to win the league in future seasons - though I rather fear I'm on a hiding to nothing!

BTW, are we playing home and away in a season (10 games), or are we just limited to 5?

Are we able to get any fresh meat? I.e. more teams in the league?

Fistandantilus
11-03-2010, 15:18:24
Yeah, the lack of team development in short leagues is the reason I asked :p

I'd let people chose if they want to keep their team or not, inducement should take care of the differences in team value. I certainly would keep playing with what remains of my rats even after tonight close encounter with those meanie Blockers :lol:

Anyway, as long as the pace is about one game per week I'm up to it.

Fistandantilus
11-03-2010, 15:19:05
BTW, are we playing home and away in a season (10 games), or are we just limited to 5?

Would love to play home and away if that's a possibility.

Funko
11-03-2010, 15:20:32
I'm certainly up for continuing so that sounds like there's at least a core of players to continue.

I'm also happy to let teams retire their team and introduce new teams.

I'll investigate adding new teams to the league once the season finishes. If that's not possible I can close this league, create a new one with more player slots and we can add our teams to that one. Of course that does require someone to want to join. :D

Funko
11-03-2010, 15:22:48
Would love to play home and away if that's a possibility.

We might have to start a new league to be able to change those options... again I'd have to look what's available to change. Actually I'm not sure what options are available.

Funko
11-03-2010, 15:32:42
Also, there are things like this:

http://bloodbowldigital.com/forum/index.php?f=15&t=287&rb_v=viewtopic

Which look interesting. Removes the reliance on the server entirely. More here:

http://bloodbowldigital.com/forum/index.php?f=15&t=146&rb_v=viewtopic

Funko
11-03-2010, 15:40:06
Also might have to install this:

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13775

Fistandantilus
11-03-2010, 15:46:41
Looks cool :D

MOBIUS
11-03-2010, 16:50:13
Well I suppose we can use this league for testing ideas etc and move to a new league if need be. Isn't there a feature where people can import their existing teams?

I am also trying to get some of my ex gaming friends interested as well, which a couple making vaguely positive noises so far.

The way I see it is that we've got a few more weeks with this league as is, so hopefully in that time we can tweak things to their optimum for the next outing and hopefully get a few more people on board.:beer:

Funko
11-03-2010, 16:51:15
2 games! But yes. We could always play another 5 game season with this lot whilst we think about the next stage. (which would be the equivalent of home and away matches.) As we're keeping track of the league here anyway.

Oh and if any of your RL Nerd Friends want to join in then that's cool too I think.

MOBIUS
11-03-2010, 16:55:57
Loving the stats possibilities BTW, I'm a bit of a closet stats geek...:D

Funko
11-03-2010, 16:57:45
MOSeBIUS

MOBIUS
11-03-2010, 17:06:34
:D

Sounds like a legendary Portuguese footballer that can part the sea with his shots...

Beta1
11-03-2010, 17:35:52
Are people up for carrying on for additional seasons once this one finishes? (now it's moving relatively fast that might not be long).

I would be.

Yeah, I'm in.

King_Ghidra
11-03-2010, 20:33:20
Ditto.

As Fist says, inducements takes care of a lot of potential mismatch problems for new teams.

That stats tool does look awesome.

Beta1
11-03-2010, 20:45:12
I'm a bit of a closet stats geek...:D

How many stats can a closet have?

Funko
12-03-2010, 08:45:03
I think we'd have to start a new league to use the stats tool and register all our matches with the league... I don't think it can get stats from cyanide directly.

King_Ghidra
15-03-2010, 15:24:30
I installed the app you linked from http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13775 , created a dummy league and uploaded a match just to see what it can do. Very impressive. Really liked the comprehensive stats for teams and players, dice roll breakdowns, probabilities etc. It is extremely feature packed, no way i can do it justice briefly.

Funko
15-03-2010, 16:52:26
Let's see if we can give that a go from next season then?

The Shaker
15-03-2010, 16:57:59
sounds good

Tau Ceti
16-03-2010, 17:35:58
I might be persuaded to join should you ever need another player. I imagine this either requires a dropout or another participant, though.

Beta1
16-03-2010, 17:46:40
Shouldn't do if you come in for the next season. We've only one round left of this one anyway.

Tau Ceti
16-03-2010, 17:48:43
Can you make a 7-team league?

MOBIUS
19-03-2010, 16:04:51
I also have a friend who's interested in joining the league.

Funko
19-03-2010, 16:09:40
Yeah, I'm quite happy for people to join in the next round. We'll have to close this league and start a new one.

I can probably create the new league this weekend and check out the parameters etc. I'll probably put a higher TV limit on it, so our existing teams can join. Will we say newcomers start with brand new teams or allow ones that have seen some action? (not much more than the 5 games the rest of us have?)

Beta1
20-03-2010, 09:24:46
If you set the TV to whatever the highest of the existing teams is (once we finish the last round) then the teams should be pretty balanced whatever.

Funko
23-03-2010, 14:05:48
Right. As the league is very nearly complete I think it's time to seriously start thinking about this.

Tau, are you definitely in?

MOBIUS, what about your friend? Can you get them to register here, would make life a lot easier.

Everyone else sticking with their current team? Would be nice(ish), but not essential to keep up the wide variety of races.

Currently we have Human, Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Orc, Skaven, Chaos which only leaves Dwarves, Lizardmen and Goblins - can see that might not be the most appealing selection!

MOBIUS
23-03-2010, 14:11:42
Will check with my friend now, he had a problem as he bought the game 2nd hand and now can't use his key - will see if he's sorted that!

I will stick with my team, as lately they've show they're not total losers, just - losers... ;)

Besides, I'm not too big headed that a lot of the 'bad luck' has been from stupid plays by the head coach...:cute:

Funko
23-03-2010, 14:20:47
I'd put it down to managerial inexperience (including in initial roster selection) combined with humans being quite difficult to play, especially at low TVs. They are a bit like Dark Elves, they can do anything pretty well but don't really excel at a single play style.

King_Ghidra
23-03-2010, 14:30:08
I'm happy to play on as my elves or switch if anyone fancies a change.

I certainly vote to keep the race variety, so if anyone wants a go as wood elves i can swap races with them or pick a new race. Not a problem either way.

Tau Ceti
23-03-2010, 14:39:58
Yeah, I think I would like to try this, and the pace of the league seems good - not too fast and not too slow. Lizardmen are the only race I have any extended experience playing, so that would be my choice, even though I am not sure they are a great team. :)

MDA
23-03-2010, 14:41:22
Someone take lizardmen, I want to see how they stand up against real opponents. You'll get +1 fan.

King_Ghidra
23-03-2010, 14:52:04
I think lizzies are brilliant, but they're hard at low tv because of no sure hands or agi for ball pickups. Other than that, who can sniff at 6 (!) STR 4 players and 1 big guy, plus everyone has 6+ MA. Amazing potential.

MOBIUS
23-03-2010, 14:55:49
I think we were going to increase TVs for the new players, maybe that will mitigate the problem?

I have another guy who might be interested. When were you thinking of getting the teams locked in by? I said within a week or so.

Will encourage them to start posting here...

Tau Ceti
23-03-2010, 14:59:01
All true. But skinks can only take ball handling skills on a double, can't pass due to stunty and are very fragile. Sauri have agility 1 and skill up only on injuries or MVP, and can't disengage before they get Break Tackle. The team is a monster with skills of course, but that goes for every team. Still, I enjoy playing them and it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Funko
23-03-2010, 15:00:05
Ok, as the Cyanide matchmaking and server system is so unreliable are we going to switch to using something like BB Manager, OLBBLM http://www.stuntyleeg.com/ or the one at Blood Bowl Digital?

They all look to do much the same thing. The blood bowl digital one looks simplest to use, and quite comprehensive. We could use the offline mode which means we could combine direct-ip, LAN and hotseat games (opening up the possibility for a 'live' finals competition somewhere, with hotseat games and anyone who couldn't make it in person could still play direct-ip).

If there are any connection problems the two coaches just don't submit the match report, rearrange and play again. Seems quite easy...

King_Ghidra
23-03-2010, 15:13:05
I do favour this kind of solution, purely because dc's are so devastating to the smooth running of the league.

Funko
23-03-2010, 15:15:27
Right. After some further research the blood bowl digital one does seem the best.

I've created a league there. We should be able to upload our teams after we've played our fifth match and see how we go... if you're at home you could try following the instructions and uploading your greensox now? Instructions here:

League link here:

http://bloodbowldigital.com/index.php?option=com_bbql&view=league&leagueId=567

password is greensux

and you'll need a blood bowl digital login.

MOBIUS
23-03-2010, 15:23:45
greensux!:lol:

Tau Ceti
23-03-2010, 15:55:48
Is there any way to create a fresh team with more than 1000 team value? I was looking for an option in the single player interface a few days ago, but could not find one.

Funko
23-03-2010, 15:59:15
Only by hacking the database. There are a few tools to do that. Although I think that would probably be considered poor form...

Happy to give you a friendly game online with one of my other teams (which have all played only a couple of games) if you want a realistic challenge to skill them up before entry. I think that's fair...

King_Ghidra
23-03-2010, 16:02:43
Right. After some further research the blood bowl digital one does seem the best.

I've created a league there. We should be able to upload our teams after we've played our fifth match and see how we go... if you're at home you could try following the instructions and uploading your greensox now? Instructions here:

League link here:

password is greensux

"You have attempted to upload an online team. Only single-player generated teams are allowed in leagues fully controlled by this application."

Funko
23-03-2010, 16:07:45
Shit. OK. Right.

So with that one we either play in the public league, then upload match reports, but manage our teams online. Or create single player ones to be able to do the direct IP thing.

King_Ghidra
23-03-2010, 16:12:27
to skill them up before entry. I think that's fair...

yeah? so what's fair in this context? play until he gets +1 agi or sure hands on a skink? and how many skillup matches will you be playing? you almost certainly won't get a skillup in one game... so what tv are we entering here? anything?

:hmm:

If we're entering 'trained' teams it's a bit of a can of worms isn't it? what happens if you destroy his team in your training match? or will you go easy? no one went easy as we developed our teams in the league. i still don't even have 11 players...

and this is not even a question of self interest btw. i am happy to start over with another race as i said before.

Funko
23-03-2010, 16:18:39
Yeah, all valid points. Have played with Tau in a few games and I wasn't thinking he'd try and cynically exploit the situation (and I certainly would never go easy in a game of Blood Bowl). But you are right probably not a good idea.

MOBIUS
23-03-2010, 16:28:49
Also, to be really fair you'd need to play him 5 times.

So maybe the hack is the best option after all? Or we can all start again from a level playing field - which seems increasingly like the least troublesome option overall...

Tau Ceti
23-03-2010, 16:31:10
Inducements are meant to take care of team value disparities, so I am not too worried. It makes a bit of a difference when planning a team, though!

Nevertheless, if you have time some day, I would appreciate playing a friendly with some throwaway team, if only to get a handle on the whole online play experience in Blood Bowl.

Funko
23-03-2010, 16:41:59
As far as I can tell the other options don't let us export on-line teams to use in new leagues either.

You could try that out if you have that one you downloaded installed, or do you only upload match result into that? I liked the Blood Bowl Digital one because it automatically puts all the stats online as soon as you upload, which is very neat.

OK I think it's voting time.

Option 1: Everyone creates new teams, completely new league using direct IP, hotseat, LAN options with one of the external league managers.
Option 2: Continue to use our existing teams, on-line league using BBD league application but playing matches in the public league.
Option 3: Continue how we are now, in a new Cyanide hosted/run private league.

Personally I think I would rule out option 2. It seems to add the hassle of exporting/uploading games but without the benefit of not having to use the Cyanide servers to play games.

Option 3 is the easiest, but the problems of potentially having matches lost due to connection failures will remain. OTOH Cyanide are promising major updates to the league functions in the future. God knows when or what they might be.

Option 1 is a complete departure from what we are doing now. Potentially is the most powerful option we'd have but there are limitations and we'd have to upload our match results once they are played.

King_Ghidra
23-03-2010, 16:44:07
Nevertheless, if you have time some day, I would appreciate playing a friendly with some throwaway team, if only to get a handle on the whole online play experience in Blood Bowl.

i'm happy to help you out sometime in that respect tau

Tau Ceti
23-03-2010, 16:46:49
Option 1. Most powerful, least error-prone. The only downside is that the current players (yet again) lose team progression, but once it is done, another restart from scratch should never be necessary.

Funko
23-03-2010, 16:48:53
Also, to be really fair you'd need to play him 5 times.

So maybe the hack is the best option after all? Or we can all start again from a level playing field - which seems increasingly like the least troublesome option overall...

The hack option is ridiculous, you can give any player any skill or stat increase. :D

Funko
23-03-2010, 16:49:36

Yeah, definitely can do that. Maybe some time this weekend?

Tau Ceti
23-03-2010, 16:53:19
Thanks, both of you. :) This weekend or most weekday evenings except Mondays are fine for me.

Funko
23-03-2010, 16:54:44
Saturday or Sunday early afternoon are best for me.

MOBIUS
23-03-2010, 16:56:50
Well, as you can tell, I've been adopting the Lazyview approach* and waiting for other people to look at stuff and figure out which stuff is the best stuff to use.

Option one seems the best option from what I can see so far...

* I think I also used the Lazyview approach to setting up and playing my team...:cute:

Funko
23-03-2010, 16:57:30
I didn't want to influence people by voting first. Bad form to pose the question then give the answer I think. I tend to slightly favour option 1.

MOBIUS
23-03-2010, 17:00:43
Ha ha! Ms MOBIUS would say you're 'Doing a Kissinger':D

Funko
23-03-2010, 17:08:15
:brwncard:

Funko
23-03-2010, 17:21:42
Option 1 does allow us to get started almost immediately. Create new teams now, upload them, start playing. Our online teams will still be there if we want them again...

Beta1
23-03-2010, 17:33:07
True, just annoying that once again I'll be stepping back from a chaos team with the initial skills finally in place back to a team that can't pick up the bloody ball! .

Tau Ceti
23-03-2010, 17:38:41
You should play my Lizardmen first then, Beta. Final score 0-0 after 16 fumbled pickups. :)

MDA
23-03-2010, 17:39:59
something to save rerolls for, maybe :D

Tau Ceti
23-03-2010, 17:42:47
Of course I get none of the disadvantages of a restart. I would be happy to join and play in a standard Cyanide league if that is what people prefer.

King_Ghidra
23-03-2010, 17:59:01
I have no problems restarting and going with option 1.

I would suggest a couple of trial games though using the techniques required for the real thing so that everyone understands what we have to do and to make sure it works ok for everyone.

Funko
23-03-2010, 20:55:25
Definitely.

Fistandantilus
23-03-2010, 22:20:17
I'd vote for option 1 just to piss off Chaos players :p

Anything works for me really.

Funko
24-03-2010, 09:34:22
Anyone want to volunteer to do a small league on BBD to test out how everything works? I'm happy to but might slow things down somewhat as I don't have a lot of time to fit things in. Could be as simple as maybe K_G and Tau having a 2 team league to test out how it works.

Also, slightly unrelated, I am quite enjoying writing some of the league/match report stuff. So I might get a bit nerdy and put some backstory into my team/players for the next league. Especially if we hope it might last a bit longer...

MOBIUS
24-03-2010, 11:52:34
Well volunteered K_G and Tau… ;) I might be up for something for the game playing time that I clearly need.

Yes, I think I’ll be getting more into the match reporting as well (I always thought being a sports writer would be cool). I’ll probably knock up a crib sheet so I can easily take notes of stuff during a game. Am also interested in some form of ‘character arc’ for my players – I know my catcher Chadd Orksinker, will want to mercilessly trash talk the entire CG league – just like his real life Cincinnati Bengals ‘namesake’, Chad Ochocinco does to the NFL!:D

PS, when do you think we need to lock in the teams by, just to give my friend a deadline to get his shit together?

Funko
24-03-2010, 12:34:08
It would be nice to be able to kick off new league games so people can play over Easter... could make deadline Friday 2nd April? That's a week to finish last 2 current league games and do a couple of test games. Makes sense if the people who don't have league games to play play the test games.

Is that moving too fast?

MOBIUS
24-03-2010, 13:43:03
My friend will be on holiday till the 7th but is definitely keen. How does this new format work for setting up teams – do they all have to be locked in before starting, or can a placeholder be left open to accommodate a late arrival? He (Phil/Poleaxe(CG)) actually has to work at work, so said he’ll look at the forum tonight.

Also, just thought of a couple of things: Are we doing home and away, or just one game against each team? Is this something that can be changed, e.g. start one way and change to the other – how many games do we want to play in a season?

Another interesting idea is the possibility of a cup competition, e.g. an FA Cup for BB, running concurrently with the season? Is that a possibility?

How about the idea of a season of one game against each team and the cup comp?

Funko
24-03-2010, 14:10:38
1. Teams have to be locked in once it starts, but he could enter a team today.
2. I think we can do home and away, and I reckon I'd pick that option as people seemed to like the idea. We can't change it mid season. Each league is 1 season at the moment so I'd favour doing a longer season and having to set up the new league less frequently. I think I can administer teams out if it becomes a problem or someone leaves...
3. I don't think we can do cup competitions concurrently. If we want to do that kind of thing I think we'd have to monitor our league progress manually (which we could do...). We could do a cup competition in between leagues maybe?

Fistandantilus
24-03-2010, 14:14:46
So in practice what do I have to do :lol:?

Create a team in single player mode?

Funko
24-03-2010, 14:18:44
yes. Create single player team, export them, upload them to the league.

Instructions here (we are using "offline league")

League link here:

password is greensux

King_Ghidra
24-03-2010, 14:23:53
Before we do signups for the league proper can we agree on the races all are picking. I'm not set on playing as wood elves again, so i'm intrigued to see what our other newbie picks and anyone else who isn't set.

Funko
24-03-2010, 14:27:46
I'd like to stick with Dark Elves.

MOBIUS
24-03-2010, 14:35:41
OK, ‘my friend’ is actually two friends. The first one (he has the game but bought it 2nd hand and someone else is using his key!) dropped out, to be replaced by a 2nd one (he has ordered the game today, hopefully receive before 30th when he goes on holiday for a week!)…:cute:

Will check on what race he thinks he’d play.

Me, personally my favourite race are Orcs (though that's already Shakey), but I am not against making Humans work or trying something else.

Fistandantilus
24-03-2010, 15:06:19
yes. Create single player team, export them, upload them to the league.

Instructions here (we are using "offline league")

League link here:

password is greensux

Thanks, I'll look into it tonight.

As for the race thing I'd settle for wood elves/humans/skaven cause I dislike palying bashy ones, but anything will do.

Funko
24-03-2010, 15:09:05
1st choice Skaven?

Fistandantilus
24-03-2010, 15:12:13
Of course, they are cute :D

Funko
24-03-2010, 15:32:22
If not Dark Elves, I'd also favour one of the agility teams. In preference order probably:

DE > WE > Human > Skaven

Funko
24-03-2010, 17:29:12
Not playing Beta until Monday so up for a tester game/mini league this weekend.

The Shaker
24-03-2010, 17:52:32
OK, ‘my friend’ is actually two friends. The first one (he has the game but bought it 2nd hand and someone else is using his key!) dropped out, to be replaced by a 2nd one (he has ordered the game today, hopefully receive before 30th when he goes on holiday for a week!)…:cute:

Will check on what race he thinks he’d play.

Me, personally my favourite race are Orcs (though that's already Shakey), but I am not against making Humans work or trying something else.

Well I was toying with being gobbo whipping boys, or something sprinty, so feel free to take orcs.

Beta1
24-03-2010, 17:52:38
Before we do signups for the league proper can we agree on the races all are picking. I'm not set on playing as wood elves again, so i'm intrigued to see what our other newbie picks and anyone else who isn't set.

I'll stick with the goatmen if thats OK

Funko
25-03-2010, 09:13:28
So far:

Tau Ceti - Lizzies
MOBIUS - Orcs
Funko - Dark Elves
Fist - Rats
Beta - Goatboys

King_Ghidra
25-03-2010, 12:39:34
A King for a King

In a move that has shocked the CG League, 'King' Ghidra, fresh from taking the Galadriel Greensox to the League Championship, has been appointed new head coach of the recently-formed Karak-Drak Frostbeards. Ghidra's appointment will come as a massive blow to the champs, whose future in the league looks increasingly in doubt after several top players were recalled to the regular army in the face of the recent goblin incursions into the forests.

Ghidra will take over the reins of a team expensively assembled by King Hargrim the Stout of Karak-Drak, and was keen to downplay the amount of gold he himself was being paid. 'This is about Blood Bowl, not money,' he said, covering his mithril undershirt with his cloak, 'and the challenge of taking a new dwarven team into a competitive global league. I'm just looking forward to meeting the players and starting pre-season training.'

Ghidra has previous history of coaching dwarf teams, most notably the Silvermine Skullcleavers, who he coached unbeaten through an early incarnation of the CG League, and also with a .500 record in the worldwide FUMBBL league. He was upbeat about making the switch from coaching an agile and dynamic elf team to the very different style of the dwarves.
'I've been there, I know what to expect, I know their strengths and limitations, and I know to keep the Bugman's Best away from the team bench during the match. King Hargrim has put a great squad together and i'm focused on giving him and the fans a team they can be proud of.'

Funko
25-03-2010, 12:40:50
:beer:

Excellent.

So far:

Tau Ceti - Lizzies
MOBIUS - Orcs
Funko - Dark Elves
Fist - Rats
Beta - Goatboys
K_G - Dwarves / Karak-Drak Frostbeards

illi
25-03-2010, 16:40:59
Hi all, friend of Gwilym's here, (don't know which handle you use on this thing GO)...oh dear maybe I let the cat out of the bag, that your names not REALLY 'G-ster Funk', or somesuch, sorry!

Anyway it's his fault that I'd like to join in the leaguefuturetime if poss.

Kind regards,

Illi Cook
Bow, London
I4M 4DORK

Funko
25-03-2010, 16:45:32
Hey Illi, Hello!

Yes that's cool. Gwilym is MOBIUS. Any idea what race you might want? We're trying to have 1 team of each race if possible. Wood Elves, Humans, Goblins all available...

MOBIUS
25-03-2010, 17:09:23
Make that two friends now, as I'm assuming Illi sorted his key out.

Phil should be joining us soon and did express an initial interest in Goblins, though I think Shakey also mentioned wanting to play them!

Sorry Shakey, I seem to be gazumping all your choices!:cute:

Funko
25-03-2010, 17:11:25
With that many players in the league duplicates seem almost inevitable, but I'd never have predicted duplicate Gobbos!

King_Ghidra
25-03-2010, 17:18:10
Well i think the 1 race per player thing goes out the window if we have a certain amount of players. certainly if two people want goblins then good luck to them :nervous:

btw i was wondering if the home and away idea might be a bit ambitious with 8-9 players? That would mean we wouldn't be finished til the end of july at our current rate of 1ish game a week...

Funko
25-03-2010, 17:20:48
I was thinking the same thing. We can always start a second season to get the 'away' matches. Possibly with a cup in between.

Funko
25-03-2010, 17:30:17
So far we're on 10 weeks to complete 5 gameweeks in the last league...

The Shaker
25-03-2010, 18:44:03
I'll do hummies if that helps things

King_Ghidra
25-03-2010, 19:20:23
blowjobs?

MOBIUS
25-03-2010, 20:48:52
I was thinking the same thing. We can always start a second season to get the 'away' matches. Possibly with a cup in between.

Sounds like a plan!

Funko
26-03-2010, 09:11:25
I'll do hummies if that helps things

As far as I'm concerned first come first served, pick whoever you really want.

illi
26-03-2010, 11:41:19
Uh-huh. scuse meh.

illi

(MOBIUS's Rorbbie the Robot)

Funko
26-03-2010, 11:44:22
Cool so sounds like we potentially have the following:

Tau Ceti - Lizzies
MOBIUS - Orcs
Funko - Dark Elves
Fist - Rats
Beta - Goatboys
K_G - Dwarves / Karak-Drak Frostbeards
Illi - Wood Elves
Shakey - Humans?
New Phil - Goblins?

illi
26-03-2010, 12:09:45
Nice one. MOBster, let me know when we can play a test game online to make sure the tech issue is sorted, and for me to trial the Elveses, my precious.

Fistandantilus
26-03-2010, 15:34:55
Unrelated to the league but...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/622/deathv.png (http://img91.imageshack.us/i/deathv.png/)

Suffered this while playing against dwarves online yesterday. Actually the game ended 1-1 cause he was more focused dealing out damage than scoring :lol:

Anyway, I was left with 1 player on the pitch and I'm curious if anyone managed to have all players removed from the game, what happens then? Skip turn? :D

Funko
26-03-2010, 15:58:24
:lol:

Yes, I think it's skip turn until they choose to score.

Tau Ceti
26-03-2010, 19:10:46
So, anyone up for a friendly, or micro-league this weekend? K_G? Funko?

Funko
28-03-2010, 12:35:20
I didn't end up having any time yesterday and don't really today either. Sorry.

Funko
28-03-2010, 13:13:28
Right. I've created my team for the full league. I've also created a scratch team for the technology tester league.

K_G uploaded a side as a test, and I can't delete it so I think we'll use that for the tech demo. Anyone else want to add a team? Don't want it to be too many teams, 1 more might be enough....

If you go to the league page now you should be able to see our scratch sides and the kind of stats it can generate.

Funko
31-03-2010, 07:57:51
No-one else? If no takers by the end of today I'll generate the schedule. Be nice to get the test done so we can start the real league.

Fistandantilus
31-03-2010, 08:45:17
The

Don't want it to be too many teams, 1 more might be enough....

scared me away.

I may join tonight when I get home if I'm in the mood (means Inter do not get trashed by CSKA :p)

Funko
31-03-2010, 08:56:45
:D

Funko
31-03-2010, 09:12:02
We can always quit the league without finishing it. I think a couple of games might be enough.

A few people on Blood Bowl forum are combining the Blood Bowl Digital league app with Hamachi, which is a free VPN creator. You set up a virtual LAN between different players in the game which means you can play games as LAN games than direct IP. We could create a CG Blood Bowl league VPN and have people able to play through that method.

I'm up for trying that out as well. It's nice because on the LAN game menu you get to see all available games, with Direct IP you have to find/share your IP.

I will definitely write up full, detailed instructions when we're ready to go. :)

Funko
01-04-2010, 07:50:15
Right. I'm going to close the league tomorrow and try and arrange a game over the weekend.

Funko
05-04-2010, 17:46:55
OK K_G and I played a game via this method and it worked well (although we deliberately finished the game early).

I'll write up the process in more detail and start a new thread.

Funko
05-04-2010, 18:07:16
League signup open

http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1010861