Am I 100-0ed?

mr_B
10-03-2010, 17:34:19
jj a classic greek joke

now that pretty pretty MoSe

paiktis
10-03-2010, 20:58:52
I was sent this youtube by e-mail.
I did some search it seems he's ulltra non european integration.
However his speech was deeply political, IMO, inlcuding every little bit ot what a political composure should have including a rather well played out satyre :D

paiktis
10-03-2010, 21:01:15
And regardless of everything, democratic deficit remains a hugely big issue whether it is recognized or not. And silent consent can get you so far.
Many of his views are very well founded.

Drekkus
10-03-2010, 21:06:45
don't you talk about deficits, you greek!!!

:p

paiktis
10-03-2010, 22:27:04
deficits shmeficits :P

i think america has more deficit than us and it's doing better.
What we would have done if we had an ounce of economic national independence would have been to devaluate the national currency hugely but anyway, we said yes to that artioriosclerotic euro charade. So we have to obey the rules. Who the fuck would have asked for 3% ceiling on deficit. Who on his correct mind, when a country has such a growing deficit call for the strangulation of the national economy through drastically reducing consumer power and public investments. W're talking bloodspitting recession.

It is a sure COMMUNIST (LOL) recipy for disaster.

I'm not in the slightest dismissing the two major plagues of the greek economy: tax evation and tax evasion.
Or 4.3% of GDP going to defence contracts (that sweet germany gulps for the most part)

paiktis
10-03-2010, 22:44:13
plus the commission has devolved into the darkest trojan horse of the most despicable of neoliberalisms and all that coupled with insanely rigid monetary rules that seem to steem from 1984, it's terribly suffocating.
personally i accept the 2 pharaoh's wounds of the greek economy: persistent corruption and massive tax evasion.
OTOH I have serious doubts about the sanity of the stability pact in times of economic crisis.
Greece is about 40% richer than official statistics show. That is the persentage of the black economy. It would be great if the state could manage to harvest that percentage and put some omoney in its coffers. Instead it has opted as always for the easy solution, to squeeze blood out of the legitimate tax obeying citizens. This will be brought to the streets of course.
Unlike his father this PM is so very easily surrendering to both internal blackmailers and external insignificant bureocrats.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
12-03-2010, 15:36:37
"tax evation and tax evasion"

You greeks must have as many words for that as the inuits for snow.

paiktis
12-03-2010, 18:30:30
The problem is that there is not a universal language, so to speak.
It is intorelable to have certain groups of people and employments completely avoiding paying taxes and others to have no other option but to pay.

paiktis
12-03-2010, 18:32:59
It is both a problem of political social culture as well as lack of political will.
That in no way minimizes the total absurdity of the stability pact btw.