PDA

View Full Version : Blood Bowl Counterglow League 2

Pages : 1 [2]

Fistandantilus
10-03-2010, 18:52:47
tomorrow at 21 gmt is fine with me :)

MOBIUS
10-03-2010, 23:20:39
Hey Shakey, Monday at 8pm onwards is prob best for me.

Funko
11-03-2010, 15:26:16
(I've moved the future of the league stuff into a new thread http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43933 )

The Shaker
11-03-2010, 17:56:10
Hey Shakey, Monday at 8pm onwards is prob best for me.

Ok that should be doable though there is something nagging at the back of my mind

Beta1
11-03-2010, 22:40:05
Blockers 1 -Wererats 0

Blockers suffered 4 KO, Rats 1 Cas, 5 KO

First event, get the ref. Fouls every turn for the first half...

First half I receieved picked up and drove all the way to the line then screwed up a simple handoff. In hindsight I could have increased my chances a little but since I rolled a 1 and rerolled a 2 on a 4+ it wouldn't have made any difference. Fist delayed the drive pretty well but by the end of the half 2 rats had gone into the crowd and 3 were KOed. On my side I lost 2 BM KOed.

Fist lost the game during half time - none of his recovered but all of mine did. Given a 11-9 starting advantage trouble was likely from the start. I did help by having a CW roll 2 sets of double skulls on the first turn which gave fist a hole that he ran 3 gutter runners through. But with 2 men extra I could double mark all the recievers, pressurise the thrower and still have enough CWs to tie up his linerats and storm vermin. Fist made a great attempt at running the ball out and made it half way to the line before his luck ran out and a GW was caught by a blitzing BM. The ball went into the crowd and came back near a pair of my BM. Next turn Fist lost 2 rats KOed I picked up and rolled up the remaining rats, by turn 14 I was camped out near his line, 1 rat was badly hurt, 5 rats KOed and the rest on the deck with CWs standing on their heads. Game over.

Funko
12-03-2010, 08:47:25
League updated.

Funko
12-03-2010, 08:51:43
K_G Saturday between 2-5pm (before Calcutta Cup) or anytime Sunday look to be my options for playing this weekend

King_Ghidra
12-03-2010, 08:57:09
Sometime sunday afternoon or evening is best for me.

Funko
12-03-2010, 11:23:57
Sunday afternoon it is then. 3pm (ish)?

King_Ghidra
12-03-2010, 13:55:10
sure.

Funko
12-03-2010, 14:02:09
:beer:

Funko
14-03-2010, 14:55:38
Right, beautiful spring day outside and I'm in the basement getting ready to play blood bowl...

Beta1
14-03-2010, 14:59:50
better than watching france roll over the italians

Funko
14-03-2010, 15:00:48
Connection problems again. I had this with Fist, we had about 10 goes trying to get a game connected before it worked...

Funko
14-03-2010, 15:02:10
We're in!

Beta1
14-03-2010, 15:02:30
same with me and KG although that turned out to be caused by the latest BT homehub update resetting all my port forwarding...

Funko
14-03-2010, 15:24:33
I win the toss and receive. Score on turn 3... KOed 2 of his players who recover. It's not what the crowd wants to see...

Funko
14-03-2010, 15:52:28
KG scores on turn 7 after a couple of turnovers. It's all square. One turn each. I make a token pass to level a linesman, he does a token blitz (I got perfect defence so I could resist the blocks on the line). Really the luck is going my way so far.

Funko
14-03-2010, 15:55:33
After the break. He's a man up due to a KO. He also gets another re-roll.

Funko
14-03-2010, 16:05:03
Things are getting brutal by turn 10. I just had a guy with a smashed hip (Linesman with no SPP, he's getting cut or left on the line...) KG had one badly hurt.

Funko
14-03-2010, 16:16:04
Another one of mine badly hurt trying to make a 1d block on a wardancer... serves him right really.

Funko
14-03-2010, 16:30:46
Moving into turn 15. No re-rolls for either of us and KG has the ball at halfway, it's a bit of a mellee with all remaining players involved, could go either way.

Funko
14-03-2010, 16:36:26
KG breaks free, he has one turn to score. I manage to get 2 players close by... his linesman with the ball has dodge... possibly the best skill choice ever... will he be able to blitz/doge his way out of trouble!?

Funko
14-03-2010, 16:38:44
He made it! 2-1 I have a turn to score and no 1 turners. :(

Funko
14-03-2010, 16:42:15
My assassin fails to pass on the last turn for the SPP. Game over. Very, very tight. Just a couple of rolls in it at the end. :beer:

Greensox 2-1 Verliezers (3-1 in Casualties)

Funko
14-03-2010, 16:42:53
I managed to level up 3 players. :D And I will cut the Linesman who lost a MA. $50k this time too!

Funko
14-03-2010, 16:52:43
And that result sends the greensox back to the top of the league, and into double figures on points. It also puts De Verliezers into double figures on casualties. Very tight between the Bengals and Verliezers to determine who wins the most brutalised team of the season trophy.

Funko
14-03-2010, 16:58:33
Before the game I was thinking that if I won the toss I should consider kicking instead of receiving. The idea being that although I wouldn't get the first turn I would get to defend with 11 players starting on the pitch, and I would start the second half which slightly puts you in control of how that half goes. Not a good idea against a bashy team that can cage for the whole half probably, but against an agility team... maybe.

Beta1
14-03-2010, 17:06:31
how the hell are the wood elves and the skaven ahead on cas?

King_Ghidra
14-03-2010, 17:10:26
Greensox 2 - 1 Verliezers

It was indeed very tight. Both of us had our share of good and bad dice rolls. One of the more crucial events was 1 of funko's blodging blitzers failing a GFI and KOing himself. Not only did it occur along the way to me making the equalising score, but also he took three rolls to recover from his ko, meaning funko was a man down (and one of his best players at that) for a fair while.

Funko only really had one meaningful possession, and i didn't have a credible chance to defend it after getting two players KO'ed on that side of the pitch. Would have been interesting to see how his team would have done if asked to do more but the match didn't go that way.

On the flip side funko broke up my attacks quite well, but couldn't manage to turn the ball into a drive of his own. The mobility and agility of the elves meant i was able to keep the pressure on and the equalising score was a good case in point, funko taking my WD down near his endzone and getting possession but then getting ground back without options to get rid of it and eventually coughing it up for me to run in the score. On my second half drive he made me drop the ball again but this time couldn't get bodies to it (can't recall if he was a man down at this point or not).

Both of us suffered from bad roll paranoia once the rerolls were gone, particularly on blocks. I was intrigued by mike's two blitzers being tied up by lineman on my final drive because they were (i'm guessing) afraid to block. Maybe mike can explain the logic there, that's my recollection.

Either way i thought a draw would have been the fairest result. As it stands, things are in my hands, only a win needed against the bottom team to take the title. I also levelled up a WD and lineman (picking kick this time, v important) and i had enough to buy another treeman, hopefully this one will be better than the first.

King_Ghidra
14-03-2010, 17:14:14
how the hell are the wood elves and the skaven ahead on cas?

In my case, sensible use of 2d blocks and people inexplicably hurting themselves against my players.

MOBIUS
14-03-2010, 19:24:44
Ok that should be doable though there is something nagging at the back of my mind

I'm going to have to put this back to 9pm now - unless that nagging thing has reminded you that you can't make it?

Funko
15-03-2010, 09:01:54
Both of us suffered from bad roll paranoia once the rerolls were gone, particularly on blocks. I was intrigued by mike's two blitzers being tied up by lineman on my final drive because they were (i'm guessing) afraid to block. Maybe mike can explain the logic there, that's my recollection.

Most of your players are linesmen, and being wood elves, they are fairly dangerous on offence. I was worried about failing a block, causing a turnover and leaving half the pitch open... and each turn I saw an opportunity to get a blitz on your ball carrier that seemed more important. If I had succeeded with the turn where the witch elf had a chance to pick up the ball for example, I'd definitely have blocked those guys, but at least twice I had a turnover before I'd got to it. I knew that at worst they'd still be marking those guys and standing up.

Also they had just seen one of their teammates crippled, his career ruined (and since drummed out of the team) making a 1d block and I think it made them wary... that combined with my horrific record in this season with injuries from blocks and no rerolls certainly made me paranoid. I can't rule that out as part of the decision making.

I am in a 1d block = bad mindset but actually with a blodger vs an unskilled linesman it's not a bad option. I sort of picked that up in the last few turns after your Dancers' example. :)

4 blodgers on the team now, so must really remember that.

King_Ghidra
15-03-2010, 09:23:18
yeah i was thinking last night about whether you might want to use one of those as your ball carriers as choice instead of your runners. less MA, sure, but a blodger is a bastard to get down, and with dodge they can pull off dangerous runs even without rerolls. DA runners only get dump-off pass, i think, which is a skill of debatable value.

i'd forgotten my kick-off went straight to your witch elf too. when i was playing dark elves on fumbbl i think my witch elf was my primary ball carrier. dodge and jump up are powerful skills. and i think she has more MA too

Funko
15-03-2010, 10:03:11
I needed 3 SPP to level my Witch Elf so that was very convenient. I was planning on trying to manufacture a chance for her to score if possible. If I'd had another possession for more than a fraction of a turn one of the blodgers might well have got the ball. :D

Runners get dump off but they also get access to the passing skill tree, so I can make them into throwers. Dump off becomes much more useful when you have nerves of steel. The blodging blitzers would also make amazing catchers...

Problem with Dark Elves, a bit like Humans, they are such good all rounders. I really need to focus what the team will become. I would pick a very different starting roster if I was choosing now after these 4 games.

Fistandantilus
15-03-2010, 10:27:18
Dump off is a seriously awesome skill on a agi 4 player with access to nerves of steel and pass. Have you ever played against two runners with those skills + catch?
That's the definition of not seeing the ball again wasting blitzes while they laugh at you passing the ball to each other.

Funko
15-03-2010, 10:42:21
I seem to spend half my time reading about how awesome DE teams can be when they level up and the other half having the unskilled team getting pummelled on the pitch.

Funko
15-03-2010, 10:46:20
As a league update, only the GGs, Blockers and Dubious Corsets can now win the league. The Orcs chances are remote they would need 2 huge wins and other games going against them to have any hope. GGs have only to win against the worst team in the league to win the title. I can't really see the Bengals stopping them but Nuffle can always turn a match on its head.

King_Ghidra
15-03-2010, 10:46:37
No i haven't played that set-up fist. i'll admit it's an interesting idea, but it seems pretty situational. if you block the intended catcher first the dump-off player is useless. and two runners with those skills is quite an investment of spp. seems a problem that might only occur at high team value. At low tr, a blodger is like a god. not only that, but his skills are useful on both sides of the ball.

King_Ghidra
15-03-2010, 10:52:41
just to blow my own trumpet, i've now played six CGers (maroule, fp, beta, shaker, fist and funko) and not lost yet

still, mobius only has to hold me to a draw to give beta a shot at the title.

Funko
15-03-2010, 11:00:36
No i haven't played that set-up fist. i'll admit it's an interesting idea, but it seems pretty situational. if you block the intended catcher first the dump-off player is useless. and two runners with those skills is quite an investment of spp. seems a problem that might only occur at high team value. At low tr, a blodger is like a god. not only that, but his skills are useful on both sides of the ball.

You can dump off to anyone who's still standing, doesn't have to be the other runner. And you can only blitz one player so you'd have to leave the other runner in contact. I can only see myself levelling 1 player with those skills if I get the chance.

King_Ghidra
15-03-2010, 11:03:14
i know that, just referring to fist's specific scenario of the two dump-off, NoS, catch players

and the assumption is you're not already in contact with those players. in most midfield melees, 90% of players are in contact, thus the blitz might not even be necessary. this is all hypothetical of course, but that was my point, maybe fist has seen it in practice, but it seems very situational to me

Funko
15-03-2010, 11:06:05
I think I'd rather have one like that and one as a long passer. But as you said, the Witch Elf is a great ball carrier.

I'm not sure what to go for next, additional RR, Witch Elf or 4th Blitzer.

Funko
15-03-2010, 11:10:43
i know that, just referring to fist's specific scenario of the two dump-off, NoS, catch players

and the assumption is you're not already in contact with those players. in most midfield melees, 90% of players are in contact, thus the blitz might not even be necessary. this is all hypothetical of course, but that was my point, maybe fist has seen it in practice, but it seems very situational to me

Also, those runners in that situation have no defensive skills. A good proportion of the time if you can hit them they'll go down and stay down even if just stunned or KOed after the first hit, even if they've unloaded the ball safely.

Funko
15-03-2010, 11:11:46
Once you start getting mighty blow blitzers appearing, stuff gets tough for runners with no dodge or block.

King_Ghidra
15-03-2010, 11:24:01
skills like strip ball and tackle make things interesting too. those are some of the top choices for wardancers to make them into really brutal ball winners. leap, block, strip ball and tackle is almost an ultimate cage breaker.

it's amazing how deep the game goes at higher tr's. there are some incredible combos and possibilities, as fist's example shows.

Funko
15-03-2010, 11:25:19
Yeah. I'm already looking forward to next season now I've started to level people. :)

The emergence of strip ball makes dump off more useful.

MOBIUS
15-03-2010, 15:38:00
still, mobius only has to hold me to a draw to give beta a shot at the title.

:lol:

King_Ghidra
15-03-2010, 15:43:41
you could still finish 2-3 :p

MOBIUS
15-03-2010, 16:02:30
Now you're just taking the piss!:D

MOBIUS
15-03-2010, 18:38:20
I could be struggling to make 9pm as well at the current rate, so no guarantees for tonight. I might be able to juggle for tomorrow 8-9ish instead.

Alternatively, I'm usually OK with late night sessions :brwncard: from 10-11pm most evenings instead if this is an option?

Beta1
15-03-2010, 19:15:26
been playing a DE team v AI campaign.

I've been using assassins in the quaterback roll and witch elves as recievers/runners.

Not sure about the assassins or runners being much use but both my witch elves are AG5 now. They can pretty much walk straight through a defensive line.

playing DE feels like playing a moderately leveled chaos team thats a bit quicker but not quite as bashy. I feel exposed without a line of scrummage packed with ST4 CWs.

The Shaker
15-03-2010, 19:50:01
I'll check in at 9,
late nights not good for me on a school night...

Funko
16-03-2010, 09:02:10
I don't understand assassins as quarterbacks, they are terrible ball carriers, can't get access to pass skills which is the main benefit of runners really. Otherwise you are wishing for doubles for pass skills.

Funko
16-03-2010, 12:16:06
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/epic-fail-soccer-fail.jpg

Football takes a leaf out of the blood bowl playbook?

MDA
16-03-2010, 12:47:25
king of all he surveys :lol:

Tau Ceti
16-03-2010, 17:34:52
That guy in white is King_Ghidra, isn't he?

Beta1
16-03-2010, 17:48:34
I don't understand assassins as quarterbacks, they are terrible ball carriers, can't get access to pass skills which is the main benefit of runners really. Otherwise you are wishing for doubles for pass skills.

Ah so thats the point of runners - I didn't realise they had the pass skills option. I was using the assasin as QB simply because I couldn't find anything else to do with him. Also when you come from playing chaos anyone makes a good ball carrier!

King_Ghidra
16-03-2010, 18:10:13
think the runners have +1ma too over an assassin

tbh i don't see the point of the assassin at all. stab is too hit and miss, and shadowing again is rather situational.

That guy in white is King_Ghidra, isn't he?

:D

Beta1
16-03-2010, 19:14:38
I didn't get a runner in my starting lineup because they don't have much to recommend them over a lineman (same stats but more expensive), of course I didn't realise they could have pass. I expected them to be more like catchers than passers. Just had my DE team taken to peices by the skaven. 5 injured, 1 of my blitzers -1 STR. Just after I got him levelled...

The Shaker
16-03-2010, 19:17:20
I could be struggling to make 9pm as well at the current rate, so no guarantees for tonight. I might be able to juggle for tomorrow 8-9ish instead.

Alternatively, I'm usually OK with late night sessions :brwncard: from 10-11pm most evenings instead if this is an option?

Can't do tonight..can do tomorrow or thurs or fri or the weekend.

King_Ghidra
16-03-2010, 19:46:29
come on you bastards

anyone would think you have other things of importance in your life

The Shaker
16-03-2010, 19:53:56
I nearly got detesticled for booking Monday evening off and they saying i wasn't playing after all :)

Funko
17-03-2010, 09:39:11
tbh i don't see the point of the assassin at all. stab is too hit and miss, and shadowing again is rather situational.

Totally. He'd be the first to go if I was picking a new roster. Also, they never level. They do give you a reasonable chance to take down blodger elves/catchers, but against most teams they are useless.

MOBIUS
17-03-2010, 13:48:51
I nearly got detesticled for booking Monday evening off and they saying i wasn't playing after all :)

It will have to be Friday then as I can't do tonight or tomorrow night. When is good on Friday for you?

Sorry about the other day - normally Mondays are the one evening I can guarantee to be free.

Funko
17-03-2010, 16:10:22
De Verliezers coach today strongly denied the rumours that they would throw their last game of the season in order to try and prevent the Greensox winning the title. "We've had a difficult season, especially with injuries, and we need a win to ensure we don't finish in last place and to give us some confidence going into next season." Still, if they do lose against the Blockers and the Greensox fail to win the title these questions are sure to resurface.

King_Ghidra
17-03-2010, 16:57:51
:D

Funko
17-03-2010, 17:21:54
We could do with getting some other rivalries going.

MOBIUS
19-03-2010, 16:16:18
Hey Shakey how is tonight looking? I've PMed you my mobile number as I will be out and might not bother getting back on time if nothing's been confirmed...

King_Ghidra
19-03-2010, 16:34:09
sort it out you two, i'm losing the will to live reading this saga.

Funko
19-03-2010, 17:11:48
We can complete the third season by the time they arrange this game.

The Shaker
19-03-2010, 17:46:01
Hey Shakey how is tonight looking? I've PMed you my mobile number as I will be out and might not bother getting back on time if nothing's been confirmed...

I'm fine for tonight 8?
9?
whenever

MOBIUS
19-03-2010, 20:49:11
Well, actually Shakey got disconnected!

So I guess Commish Mike has to reset this cursed Human Vs Orc derby...

We have rearranged for Monday.

P.S. Can you wait till Monday so I can keep my win through the weekend...;)

The Shaker
19-03-2010, 20:49:37
well that went well...connection to opponent lost...., followed by inability to quit game correctly = 2-0 default win to MOBIUS on turn 4

DAMN YOU TECHNOLOGY

MOBIUS
19-03-2010, 20:50:11
We can complete the third season by the time they arrange this game.

FOK U!:bounce:

The Shaker
19-03-2010, 20:53:13
They all count :)

I blame the referee who was appalling, .... and also the blood bowl association who have some sort of vendetta against my team, you'd never see other team disconnected only mine....DAMN YOU it was never this bad when Burnt'Knee Milipede was in charge

Fistandantilus
19-03-2010, 23:54:44
P.S. Can you wait till Monday so I can keep my win through the weekend...;)

:lol:

Funko
20-03-2010, 08:09:17
You bastards, I'm going to have to learn how to reset a game!

Funko
20-03-2010, 08:23:30
Right. I can't reset the match, all I can do is enter the real score.

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11359

All you guys can do is attempt to export your teams and play direct ip (and work out how to do that yourselves...) then I'll update the scores. That wont give you all your SPP increases etc.

I'm thinking this result might end up standing...

Funko
20-03-2010, 08:24:35
Oh and I can only have 1 league at a time so I can't create a new one to see for round 3 without destroying this one! All pretty unsatisfactory.

The Shaker
20-03-2010, 16:58:53
Right. I can't reset the match, all I can do is enter the real score.

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11359

All you guys can do is attempt to export your teams and play direct ip (and work out how to do that yourselves...) then I'll update the scores. That wont give you all your SPP increases etc.

I'm thinking this result might end up standing...

yeah i'm too lazy to do that.

MOBIUS
20-03-2010, 17:24:23
Sounds like far too much hassle to me...:cute:

Funko
21-03-2010, 17:51:22
Ok I've moved the match day forward.

Beta, when's good to play? I only have Monday/Tuesday evening free this week. Otherwise it's the weekend.

The Shaker
21-03-2010, 17:54:45
Yeah,
When are you free Fistypoo?
I may be able to do 9 tomorrow, or else Wednesday onwards in the evening (After 8)

King_Ghidra
21-03-2010, 18:11:01
shame for you shaker. it's a sucky thing to happen. :(

MOBIUS, when do you wanna play?

The Shaker
21-03-2010, 18:14:20
Hey ho, It's the SPP thing that's really annoying, though it should give MOBIUS a chance in his last match :)

Funko
21-03-2010, 19:15:38
Team Name Manager Pld W D L Pts TD+ TD- Cas+ Cas- K+ K-
Galadriel Greensox King_Ghidra 4 3 1 0 10 8 2 7 3 0 0
Beta Blockers Beta1 4 3 0 1 9 5 2 5 2 0 0
Rotten Wererats Fistandantilus 4 2 0 2 6 4 6 8 2 3 0
The Dubious Corsets Shakey 4 1 1 2 4 3 6 3 3 0 0
De Verliezers Funko 4 1 0 3 3 5 7 4 10 0 1
Sin City Bengals MOBIUS 4 1 0 3 3 3 5 2 8 0 2

The table with 1 match to go! Incredibly tight at the bottom. With equal TD difference and Cas difference I'm only ahead on lower kill difference!

MOBIUS
21-03-2010, 19:17:32
Nothing is going to give me a chance, believe me...

I get no satisfaction whatsoever about the method of my victory - I feel robbed as clearly I was going to win vs Shakey...:cute:

K_G, I should be OK for tomorrow from 8pm

Beta1
21-03-2010, 20:43:21
Ok I've moved the match day forward.

Beta, when's good to play? I only have Monday/Tuesday evening free this week. Otherwise it's the weekend.

Tuesday definitely looks better. 9ish?

Beta1
21-03-2010, 22:38:40
been playing a DE team v AI campaign.

I've been using assassins in the quaterback roll and witch elves as recievers/runners.

Not sure about the assassins or runners being much use but both my witch elves are AG5 now. They can pretty much walk straight through a defensive line.

playing DE feels like playing a moderately leveled chaos team thats a bit quicker but not quite as bashy. I feel exposed without a line of scrummage packed with ST4 CWs.

This is mad - a few more games in and one of my Witch elves is now St4, AG5 , Tackle + the starting skills (inc Dodge). Seriously dangerous to anyone on the pitch now as she can get pretty much anywhere.

King_Ghidra
22-03-2010, 08:05:24
K_G, I should be OK for tomorrow from 8pm

it's a date

Fistandantilus
22-03-2010, 08:11:20
Yeah,
When are you free Fistypoo?
I may be able to do 9 tomorrow, or else Wednesday onwards in the evening (After 8)

How does Thursday at 8 sound?

Funko
22-03-2010, 08:48:51
Tuesday definitely looks better. 9ish?

I can do that, I'd prefer earlier but can do 9.

Funko
22-03-2010, 08:52:35
This is mad - a few more games in and one of my Witch elves is now St4, AG5 , Tackle + the starting skills (inc Dodge). Seriously dangerous to anyone on the pitch now as she can get pretty much anywhere.

Interesting that you didn't take block, that would be my first skill pick for a witch elf. (obviously I'd take the stats when available...), having block and dodge with Frenzy is a massive help. And good whether she is being used her as a devastating ball carrier or as a cage breaker.

Fistandantilus
22-03-2010, 12:19:51
Btw Funko, Rotten Wererats should be 2 0 2 fyi ;)

Funko
22-03-2010, 12:33:17
Thanks, god knows what else I've got wrong.

The Shaker
22-03-2010, 19:31:37
How does Thursday at 8 sound?

ok pencilled in

Beta1
22-03-2010, 20:27:27
Interesting that you didn't take block, that would be my first skill pick for a witch elf. (obviously I'd take the stats when available...), having block and dodge with Frenzy is a massive help. And good whether she is being used her as a devastating ball carrier or as a cage breaker.

Actually I have - its my blitzer who has tackle. Picked it up at Level 3.

Probably could do 8.30 tomorrow, any earlier and things get complicated.

King_Ghidra
22-03-2010, 22:02:57
Greensox 2 - 1 Bengals

The Greensox took the title with an embattled win against a physical (and underhand) Bengals team.

Bengals won the toss and gave the Greensox the opening drive. A fairly routine wardancing run split the Bengals defence and opened the scoring early. 1-0.

The Bengals came out hoping to equalise but as they reached the half way line their passer lobbed the ball downfield and it was picked off by an elf journeyman. He subsequently lost the ball in a midfield melee which also saw the TD scoring wardancer fouled out of the game, one of many fouls in the first half secured by a pre-match bribe. The ball finally ended up in the hands of the other wardancer, who made an outrageous leap out of five human players and made a mad dash for the corner. In a final act she needed only one dodge to score, but sadly she didn't make it. Half time 1-0.

The bengals started the second half with a drive against ten men but once again could not contain the agile elves and again found their passer under pressure. This time the wardancer knocked the passer down, recovered the ball, and made a more difficult dodge than that of her first half failure to sprint in for the score. 2-0.

By now the casualties left the elves with only 7 defenders for the bengals next drive. They ground slowly down the pitch, blocking and fouling everything in their path, but made some errors which cost them crucial game time. By the time their catcher scored, the elves had only three players on the pitch, but there was only one turn remaining for both teams. 2-1.

The Greensox coach was able to field only six players for the final kick-off, and the coach rightly feared a blitz. Fortunately the fans showed their low opinion of the human tactics by lobbing a rock at one of their players, and the elves kneeled the ball out to end the game. They were the undefeated champs.

(btw kudos to mobius, his tactics were spot on and had he not made a couple of silly mistakes he might well have managed the draw. oh and for the record the casualty count was 1-0 to mobius.)

Funko
23-03-2010, 08:49:16
Actually I have - its my blitzer who has tackle. Picked it up at Level 3.

Probably could do 8.30 tomorrow, any earlier and things get complicated.

Let's stick with 9, I have to pop to my parents first to print some shit off for my wine course.

Funko
23-03-2010, 08:52:59
(btw kudos to mobius, his tactics were spot on and had he not made a couple of silly mistakes he might well have managed the draw. oh and for the record the casualty count was 1-0 to mobius.)

I was thinking that as I was reading your report. I knew he'd get better eventually! ;)

Only lost by one TD too, I need to lose by less than 1 TD and sustain fewer casualties than I cause to avoid bottom place. That could be tough against Chaos... But a win could see me finish as high as third.

Funko
23-03-2010, 09:05:32
The table as it stands. The Greensox finish with an excellent record. Only dropping 2 points along the way to the Dubious Corsets. They also finished with twice as many TDs scored as anyone else has so far managed and amazingly for Elves a positive casualty difference. They are sure to be the ones to beat next season.

The Bengals could yet avoid bottom spot due to the ridiculous scenes away at the Corsets where the Corsets manager withdrew his players from the field and refused to play on. We'll learn later this week if The Corsets will receive any further punishment, although it's seen as unlikely as the league board are rightly terrified of the Corset management. Bengals fans were also pleased by a massively improved performance against the Champions in the final game, and the manager is now down to 4-1 to keep his head until kick off next season. Although he has allegedly been spotted talking to representatives from the undead leagues in Nehekhara, bit of an insurance policy maybe?

Galadriel Greensox King_Ghidra 5 4 1 0 13 10 3 7 4 0 0
Rotten Wererats Fistandantilus 4 2 0 2 6 4 6 8 2 3 0
The Dubious Corsets Shakey 4 1 1 2 4 3 6 3 3 0 0
Sin City Bengals MOBIUS 5 1 0 4 3 4 7 3 8 0 2

MOBIUS
23-03-2010, 13:28:30
Greensox 2 - 1 Bengals

Buoyed on by their stunning first victory (well, nobody else saw it coming!?), The bengals came determined to spoil the Greensox's party in any way they could!

Determined not to be given the runaround again like the last lot of pointy-eared gits, the Bengals decided to fight dirty, and paying off the ref was the best spent 100k all season!

The Bengals won the toss and elected to kick. Almost immediately the crowd had whacked one Bengals player with a rock and the Greensox treeman knocked out another - headcoach MOBIUS already had that sinking feeling that it was going to be another long day on the sidelines...

The crowd's rock ripped a gaping hole in the excuse of a Bengals defence and a Greensox wardancer was able to sashay her way through the despairing clutches of the Bengals players with ease en route for the game’s first TD. Coach MOBIUS decided that with a TD already a foregone conclusion, now was the time to begin to employ the secret weapon and start ‘playing the man and not the ball’ – supposedly an illegal tactic though for some reason the ref seemed absolutely fine with it…:cute:

On the Bengals first possession, nerves got to their QB for at least the 3rd time this season as he fumbled the kick-off, allowing the Greensox to capitalise and close down the Bengals offence. An encouraging opening to the left of the field aided by some crunching blocks, (including a few on the ground!) came to nothing as their defence, ‘The Thin Red Line’ overstretched itself and proved no match for the Greensox’s oncoming pass rush which nailed the hapless Palmer.

Not to be outdone however, the Bengals defence battered their way through the Greensox’s roster until about a half dozen players had the wardancer ball carrier surrounded. However, instead of being able to murder the Greensox’s MAP (Most Annoying Player), she (highly annoyingly) was able to leap over the entire Bengals defence and get within touching distance of the endzone in the corner!!! A last gasp attempt to catch up to the wardancer was dodged, however hilariously she then proceeded to fail her dodge into the endzone at the death of the half.

On the Bengals second drive at the start of the second half, there was an offensive mix up as a Bengals catcher, perhaps frustrated by the thrower’s constant fumbling scooped up the ball and ran with it. The Bengals offensive line started to clear a route however things got bogged down as the thrower finally got the ball but immediately came under pressure and threw an interception which was soon run in for another wardancer TD.

By now however the Bengals rough-house tactics were paying off as the Greensox were only able to field a depleted defence. Unfortunately, flushed with the success of finally dishing out punishment, instead of being on the receiving end, the Bengals forgot they had to score – or for that matter how to score! By the time the Bengals scored, the game was virtually over as a contest.

On the Greensox kick return, with only six players remaining, they took a knee as undefeated CG champs. With the Bengals left rueing what might have been with just a little bit more time on the clock, or a few less rookie errors…

(Good game K_G, it was a good feeling to finally be dishing out some violence instead of taking it! I was actually proud of the way my Bengals played today and took it to the Greensox!)

Funko
23-03-2010, 14:02:36

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:04:52
Right, we're in.

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:07:07
Somehow he's got an extra 100k for inducements despite my TV being 80k less. So I have nothing and he has an extra re-roll?! Did he add $100k petty cash?! Something else I don't know about maybe.

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:11:51
I receive. Perfect defence! Get out of the way of Chaos Warriors...

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:27:22
Assassin used shadowing to go right into the middle of the cage! Where he's now totally surrounded by beastmen... er... oops.

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:27:46
He's blocked out but survives!

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:28:53
Blitzer and witch elf both in crowd now, neither hurt miraculously.

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:31:01
KO A CW!

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:35:25
Blitzed the ball carrier, he drops the ball but it goes back into the middle of all his players. Damn. Extra arms man picks it up again.

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:39:02
His turn 7. We're all still mired on the half way line slugging it out. He'll have to make a break somewhere this turn to score...

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:41:01
I have another player in the crowd, also not injured! Amazing.

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:44:06
Fuck connection with opponent lost. :(

Beta1
23-03-2010, 21:44:38
and we lose connection!

Bollocks - and I had just setup the breakout (although it would have needed a lot of luck to pull it off.)

Your DEs are pretty resiliant - would have expected more than one injury from the bashing I dealt out!

Beta1
23-03-2010, 21:45:28
which way did it go? I saw some +3s come up on my screen but i have no idea whether they were mine or yours. Not that it really matters given the league position.

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:46:01
He's offline? Not sure what happened. It doesn't seem to have counted it as a loss/win yet.

Damn, I don't think he would have scored that turn from where he was. Nearly at end of turn 7... I had hardly any players left but he had only 1 man left (I think) who could make the end zone in 2 turns and he had to dodge out of 2 players TZ and then survive getting blitzed.

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:46:22
It didn't give it as a result.

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:46:48
Your DEs are pretty resiliant - would have expected more than one injury from the bashing I dealt out!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You should have seen their other games!

Beta1
23-03-2010, 21:56:42
He's offline? Not sure what happened. It doesn't seem to have counted it as a loss/win yet.

Damn, I don't think he would have scored that turn from where he was. Nearly at end of turn 7... I had hardly any players left but he had only 1 man left (I think) who could make the end zone in 2 turns and he had to dodge out of 2 players TZ and then survive getting blitzed.

i actually had another one who was free to move up that turn, would have needed a pass and a gfi the following turn but was possible.

Loved the double line defence you were doing - if I had my guard CW int he right place I could have broken it without too much trouble - him supporting a CW or blitzing BM gives a 2D block on the front guy. If I hit the first with a CW and then blitz through a CW I can take both out - just never got the guard guy in the right place - typical low TV chaos problem.

You were losing people into the crowd all over the place though - now you know why they are all Jim and Bob - its harder to keep track of the blitzer :)

I don't often score in the first half - I usually try to score in the second once I've put most of the opposition into the crowd (or worse)

Funko
23-03-2010, 21:59:46
That's why I took the guard CW out first...

Think it's my connection problems will try and sort it out.

Beta1
23-03-2010, 22:01:37
Thats why I usually take guard before block for my CWs - three self supporting guard CWs are a pain in the arse to take out- how do you get a 2d block on effectively a STR6 player without tieing up half your team!

Funko
24-03-2010, 08:43:05
Guard is a good first pick for anyone you are putting on the line. I can't get it except on doubles as Dark Elves, so I went for dodge...

Funko
24-03-2010, 09:37:37
When's good for the rematch? I can do Friday night, Saturday/Sunday early afternoon or monday/tuesday evening.

Beta1
24-03-2010, 17:06:40
Probably monday would be best - family stuff at the weekend.

Funko
24-03-2010, 17:28:47
ok cool.

Fistandantilus
26-03-2010, 15:36:13
Shakey won 2-1 yesterday, inflicting 4 cas and 1 death to none.
Sorry haven't time for a recap now, amazing game btw :beer:

Funko
26-03-2010, 15:57:21
The Dubious Corsets Shakey 5 2 1 2 7 5 7 7 3 1 0
Rotten Wererats Fistandantilus 5 2 0 3 6 5 8 8 6 3 1

Beta1
26-03-2010, 20:26:21
so that makes my game pretty pointless - I can't come anywhere but 2nd and Mike might make 4th but only if he obliterates me. Which he might - I don't have a good record against elves v AI - for some reason I always sustain loads of CAS.

MOBIUS
26-03-2010, 23:39:40
Or you could do me a favour and beat the absolute crap out of him and make me the unlikeliest not bottom team ever...:cute:

Funko
29-03-2010, 09:00:24
so that makes my game pretty pointless - I can't come anywhere but 2nd and Mike might make 4th but only if he obliterates me. Which he might - I don't have a good record against elves v AI - for some reason I always sustain loads of CAS.

I think I only need a win by 1 TD for 4th place. I've got a better TD difference than Fist.

What time tonight?

MDA
29-03-2010, 11:30:12
dug this out on Friday after struggling to install Civ and needing a break

I had 2 beastmen permanently injured and a chaos warrior killed by the gobbo star player. :lol: Even exchange of casualties with goblins bites, especially when it's not a result of their special weapons. Costly win, especially against the AI.

Beta1
29-03-2010, 16:31:50
I think I only need a win by 1 TD for 4th place. I've got a better TD difference than Fist.

What time tonight?

Could we do tomorrow about 8.30-9.00.

Bit on the knackered side today - shitty monday timetable.

Funko
29-03-2010, 16:36:29
was sort of planning on watching the Champs League and Tizzy's away tonight so today is better, but I can do tomorrow.

Funko
29-03-2010, 16:58:25
Just spotted that it was your birthday! :beer:

I'm still at work and also a bit knackered so tomorrow 8:30 will be fine. Maybe make it a relatively speedy game? :D

Beta1
30-03-2010, 16:28:31
cheers - was shattered yesterday. Kids seem to be on something.

Speedy is good.

King_Ghidra
30-03-2010, 16:43:29
Keep a clean sheet and you'll have the best defence in the League Beta. There's something to work for.

Funko
30-03-2010, 19:35:33
Oh great, the connection fun... love this bit.

Funko
30-03-2010, 19:37:51
We're in! I've never tried adding cash to inducements before, wanted to add 20k to give me 100k to spend, failed. Dunno what I did wrong! :lol: He spent 100k petty cash on a re-roll as before.

Funko
30-03-2010, 19:39:06
I win the toss and choose to receive.

Funko
30-03-2010, 19:44:35
Witch elf gets injured doing a stupid GFI on the first turn. :lol: Back to normal for my elves. And a blitzer KOed into the crowd. Great start.

Funko
30-03-2010, 19:49:20
Runner smashed into the ground, smashed hand.

Funko
30-03-2010, 19:57:41
Touchdown Dark Elves! Now to try and defend with 9 men

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:00:17
Kick goes where I want (he'll actually have to pick it up), and an extra re-roll. Turn 4.

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:01:15
FUCK I always forget about the frenzy guy, Blitzer in the crowd again. Moron.

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:04:02
Ooops, he clicks end turn by mistake without moving everyone. Not too disasterous but not good!

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:20:50
Turn 7. I have very few players on the pitch. Going to be v tough to stop him scoring as he grinds his way to line.

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:22:56
Frantic 1d blitz on his ball carrier, takes both down result! He has to pick it up to score now, with no re-roll...

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:23:44
He does it! 1-1.

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:24:18
My KO wakes up, back to 9 players.

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:27:31
ARGH the network connection went down again. :(

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:28:17
Definitely not me this time, my internet still working.

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:30:43
Fuck, well it's given a result 3-1 to Beta. Can't say I'm particularly happy but I think he was in a good position to win the game. Could have gone either way!

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:34:02
Oh brilliant, you click end season and it loses all the stats!

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:40:22
And that puts me at the bottom of the league on TD difference. :(

Beta Blockers Beta1 5 4 0 1 12 8 3 5 2 0 0
The Dubious Corsets Shakey 5 2 1 2 7 5 7 7 3 1 0
Rotten Wererats Fistandantilus 5 2 0 3 6 5 8 8 6 3 1
De Verliezers Funko 5 1 0 4 3 6 10 4 10 0 1

MOBIUS gets second bottom by virtue of 2 disconnected matches. What a horrible season for my team. The league table shows 10 casualties, but I actually sustained 15 injuries in 4.5 matches which is incredible. 3 per game. I think I had 3 narrow 2-1 losses, and chances to win or tie all three. Never mind... next season. :beer:

In fact looking at it I managed to score more than anyone but the top 2. (and as many as Beta managed to score, if you don't count the 2 for the disconnect...) Just hideous defending cost us. Argh. :cry:

Beta1
30-03-2010, 20:41:24
good game funko - was going to be a tight 2nd half. Don't think i could have scored 2 but think 2-1 would have been fair result. Would have been hard to keep my CWs under control with only 9 men. Thanks for making my frenzy BMs day by giving him lots of targets!!

Will be away for next week so can't do much for new league between thursday and following thursday.

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:43:46
I think I might have gone 1-0 up in 4 out of 5 games? Very poor.

Funko
30-03-2010, 20:44:46
good game funko - was going to be a tight 2nd half. Don't think i could have scored 2 but think 2-1 would have been fair result. Would have been hard to keep my CWs under control with only 9 men. Thanks for making my frenzy BMs day by giving him lots of targets!!

Will be away for next week so can't do much for new league between thursday and following thursday.

My blodge blitzers could have forced an opening too... would have definitely been an interesting second half but I think I really needed to stop you scoring at the end of the first half.

Fistandantilus
30-03-2010, 21:45:52
Disconnections suck.