PDA

View Full Version : Harry Brown

MOBIUS
03-12-2009, 03:12:12
Michael Caine movie - that was depressing as fuck! A bit too well done and realistic, if you ask me.

8/10

Walrus Feeder
06-12-2009, 02:28:57
I saw it a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, but wouldn't say it was that realistic. It gave a very warped and 'worse case scenario' of crime, troublesome youths and gangs in inner-city housing estates. However, it would have been more like watching The Bill. One thing it did make me think at the end of the film was that the type of person Harry Brown came up against in this are just better off shot dead as they are beyond help an redemption.

MOBIUS
06-12-2009, 19:49:19
I don't really think it is a 'worst case scenario', I can think of numerous shit that has happened within a few miles of where I lived in South London. Thankfully it's not so bad here in Cardiff (i.e. it doesn't involve guns and what does get into the news is rarely fatal).

Scabrous Birdseed
06-12-2009, 20:50:14
I saw it a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, but wouldn't say it was that realistic. It gave a very warped and 'worse case scenario' of crime, troublesome youths and gangs in inner-city housing estates. However, it would have been more like watching The Bill. One thing it did make me think at the end of the film was that the type of person Harry Brown came up against in this are just better off shot dead as they are beyond help an redemption.

So it's a manipulative fascist movie then.