PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu vaccine drama

Lazarus and the Gimp
24-11-2009, 10:49:47
Being a front-line healthcare worker, Mrs V is among the first to get vaccinated. So yesterday she pops off to get jabbed, and everything's groovy.

In the night, she's not too happy- she can't stop shivering. This morning, she gets up, sits on the sofa next to me, and says she feels unwell. Then she collapses on me- her eye are rolled back in her head, she's limp, and I can't see if she's breathing.

I get her down onto the floor, and I'm bellowing "SPEAK TO ME!" over and over again. Still can't see her breathing. Suddenly she looks up at me and says "Why are you saying speak to me?" like I'm the planet's biggest moron. She's back.

The longest 10-15 seconds of my life. After I'd sat her back down and get the puzzled kids back to bed, I got hit by cramps in my arms and legs from all the adrenaline. Took me half an hour to stop shaking.

She's watching "Top Gear" under the duvet on the sofa now. Bar some flu-like symptoms, she's OK.

Funko
24-11-2009, 11:23:07
Wow, scary. :eek:

I get the flu jab every year due to asthma (although I didn't this year yet and I think I just had some kind of flu. Typical...) getting fever etc. as side effects is fairly rare, she's unlucky. Apparently if you don't have side effects of one jab you're v. unlikely to get them with a different strain flu jab, but if you get side effects of one vaccine you're much more likely to get them more frequently with other strains. But they always ask you if you've ever had side effects before when they give you your jab...

Dyl Ulenspiegel
24-11-2009, 12:10:26
"Suddenly she looks up at me and says "Why are you saying speak to me?" like I'm the planet's biggest moron."

So it was just an experiment to test the "planet's biggest moron" thesis.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
24-11-2009, 12:13:20
More seriously, a friend of mine who is a med told us that very few doctors chose to get vaccinated as the vaccine has only had a very short testing period. Furthermore, there are supposedly two variants, one is using additives to support immunization which may have side effects of their own...

But it must be great business for the pharma industry.

Greg W
24-11-2009, 12:15:08
Jeese, that would have been scary alright.

Seeing as I have had colds every year, but never a real case of the flu, I refuse to get the vaccinations. I'll probably die from the flu one year due to that.

JM^3
24-11-2009, 12:53:01
Wow. That is scary. Was she out or was it a seizure?

I thought you were talking about a national drama. It seems that every nation has had some related somehow to the flu vaccine.

JM

Scabrous Birdseed
24-11-2009, 13:33:09
Sounds like a "petit mal" to me. My ex used to have them all the time until she started taking anti-epileptic medication. 10-30 seconds of complete absence, then confusion, then back to normal.

Basically, as I understand it, a full-on cramping-fit seizure (a "grand mal") is all of the brain seizuring at once, a "petit mal" (aka an Absence seizure) only part. Apparently seizures (of both kinds) can occur from basically anything, down to even stress, and one single seizure is nothing to worry about.

Lazarus and the Gimp
24-11-2009, 13:34:59
It wasn't a fit- she fainted. Within a few seconds of me getting her on the floor she was conscious.

Scabrous Birdseed
24-11-2009, 13:40:53
Okay. It's scary in any case!

MDA
24-11-2009, 16:30:55
They don't call them petit mal anymore here, I got corrected the other day.
I can't remember what I'm supposed to say instead though.

The adjuvants put into some immunizations to boost your response scare me a lot more the bits and pieces of virus they put in. That, and I worry about how sterile they actually are.

Take good care of Mrs. Gimp!

The Shaker
24-11-2009, 20:03:28
Meh, they gave up my Missus the flu jab Yesterday cos she's pregnant, now coming down with the expected flu like symptoms , i'd better keep an eye on her. Otherwise there'll be noone to look after me when i get man flu.

mr_B
24-11-2009, 20:22:42
I'm horny

Is that a pre sympton of a flu?

mr_B
24-11-2009, 20:23:44
Okay. It's scary in any case!

nonono not in a suitcase

Japher
24-11-2009, 20:54:28
or a briefcase

Koshko
25-11-2009, 02:11:41
Sounds like a "petit mal" to me. My ex used to have them all the time until she started taking anti-epileptic medication. 10-30 seconds of complete absence, then confusion, then back to normal.

Basically, as I understand it, a full-on cramping-fit seizure (a "grand mal") is all of the brain seizuring at once, a "petit mal" (aka an Absence seizure) only part. Apparently seizures (of both kinds) can occur from basically anything, down to even stress, and one single seizure is nothing to worry about.

This might be the first time anyone has ever learned anything here.

MDA
25-11-2009, 12:07:00
:lol: failblog has an ebay or craigslist ad from someone seeking to trade her six kids flu vaccines for Bon Jovi tickets

King_Ghidra
25-11-2009, 12:09:21
Meh, they gave up my Missus the flu jab Yesterday cos she's pregnant,

Another one?! You truly are a rampant stud, sir.

Funko
25-11-2009, 12:18:08
I assume it's the same one she was pregnant with at the wedding.

MDA
25-11-2009, 13:00:02
careful, assuming can cause pregnancy!

Oerdin
25-11-2009, 18:15:31
The OP is some scary shit. I'd still take her to the hospital just to have her checked out. I mean even if they can't find anything wrong they should still document this massive side effect.

Japher
25-11-2009, 18:20:44
Last week one of my classmates passed out while standing up, completely sober, and he fell forward and broke his nose.

Last night my neighbor's daughter was at school and went to the bathroom and passed out.

Not sure if they had their vaccines. Still, it's strange that I am hearing about this happening to 3 people within the last week.

mr_B
25-11-2009, 18:30:44
I'm hungry

Dyl Ulenspiegel
25-11-2009, 19:06:25
Must be national pass out week.

Koshko
26-11-2009, 01:51:51
:lol: failblog has an ebay or craigslist ad from someone seeking to trade her six kids flu vaccines for Bon Jovi tickets

Throw in the bleached blue leather jacket and you have a deal.