PDA

View Full Version : How the hell is the Kakuta ban justifiable?

Lazarus and the Gimp
04-09-2009, 17:11:58
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8236187.stm

First off, it's not the signing ban on Chelsea I'm talking about. If FIFA want to impose disciplinary actions on Chelsea, they probably can.

It's the ban on Kakuta. He had no contract with Lens. The reason why he had no contract with Lens was because he was a child, and children can't sign enforceable contracts. So he had a "pre-contract agreement", whatever that is.

And for breaching that agreement, he gets sanctions clearly designed to bind other kids to clubs by drastically reducing their value to other clubs. Which may well, of course, damage the income these kids could get. It is, in all but name, contract-breach sanctions, and they're being applied to children.

Someone explain to me how this works, because I've only got a law degree. I can't be expected to understand how one of the basic tenets of contract law appears to be so lightly tossed aside. In fact, let's stuff him up a chimney too.

Beta1
04-09-2009, 19:27:17
Thats a great idea - infact I think it should be mandatory that all children with pre-contract agreements have to spend at least one season up a chimney before they are allowed to play first team football.

notyoueither
05-09-2009, 04:05:55
Would Arsene have room for them all?

King_Ghidra
07-09-2009, 10:08:06
It's a hell of mess. That's as far my knowledge takes me.