Team Name Manager Pld W D L Pts TD+ TD- Cas+ Cas- K+ K-
Silvermine Skullcleavers King_Ghidra 3 3 0 0 9 4 0 8 1 3 0
Beta's Belters Beta1 3 2 0 1 6 5 2 4 4 0 0
Black Rock Clan fp 2 1 0 1 3 1 1 4 3 0 0
The Losers! Funkodrom 3 1 0 2 3 4 6 4 4 0 0
Notre Dame de la Pitiť Maroule 2 0 0 2 0 2 4 2 2 0 0
Rats on a Plane Fistandantilus 3 1 0 2 3 2 4 1 9 0 3

Gameweek 1

Scores as follows TDs (Casualties Caused including kills - Opponents Killed)

Black Rock Clan 1(3-0) vs 0(1-0) Beta's Belters
Rats on a Plane 2(1-0) vs 1(1-0) Funko
Silvermine Skullcleavers 1(0-0) vs 0(0-0) Notre Dame de la Pitiť
- Note result amended after disconnection

Gameweek 2
Beta's Belters 3(2-0) vs 1(0-0) Rats on a Plane
Black Rock Clan 0(1-0) vs 1(2-0) Silvermine Skullcleavers
The Losers! 3(2-0) vs 2(2-0) Notre Dame de la Pitiť

Gameweek 3
Silvermine Skullcleavers 2(6-3) vs 0(0-0) Rats on a Plane
The Losers! 0(1-0) vs 2(1-0) Beta's Belters
Notre Dame de la Pitiť ?(?-?) vs ?(?-?) Black Rock Clan

Fixture List

Gameweek 1
Black Rock Clan vs Beta's Belters
Rats on a Plane vs The Losers!
Silvermine Skullcleavers vs Notre Dame de la Pitiť

Gameweek 2
Beta's Belters vs Rats on a Plane
Black Rock Clan vs Silvermine Skullcleavers
The Losers! vs Notre Dame de la Pitiť

Gameweek 3
Silvermine Skullcleavers vs Rats on a Plane
The Losers! vs Beta's Belters
Notre Dame de la Pitiť vs Black Rock Clan

Gameweek 4
Silvermine Skullcleavers vs The Losers!
Rats on a Plane vs Black Rock Clan
Beta's Belters vs Notre Dame de la Pitiť

Gameweek 5
Black Rock Clan vs The Losers!
Beta's Belters vs Silvermine Skullcleavers
Notre Dame de la Pitiť vs Rats on a Plane

Funko
28-07-2009, 08:24:50
Gameweek 1.

Rat on a plane 2 - 1 The Losers!

Another very tight game. I felt under pressure for a lot of the match, but this was chiefly due to being a man down.

First half, I kicked off, Fist failed to pick the ball up I flooded downfield and the game descended into two massive scrums, one halfway inside his half and one at the LoS, with a couple of players in my backfield. It was almost identical to a game I had against fp which I think ended in me getting thrashed. We both had a player knocked out early so it was 10 v 10. After about 3 changes of posession, Fist eventually made a clever* block, blocking one of my blitzers into the ball, where it moved out onto one of his rats, who moved the ball on downfield for a TD. I had 2 turns to score and didn't quite make it. I did work a long bomb to a non-catcher in the end zone in the last turn but without any team re-rolls left it was a tough one to make. Most noteable about this play was a both down result one of my linesmen got that injured him and his opposite number. Surprisingly Fist has 12 players in his starting team and can replace him. The benefit of only 2 gutter runners. So I'm a man down for the whole second half.

Second half, Fist kicks off. In one of my classic lapses of concentration, I think the receiving set up that worked so well at the end of the first half is fine, so just keep it and click accept formation. Somehow forgetting/not spotting the big ass gap on the left where the missing player used to stand. Shit. Oh well no big deal right? Fist obviously kicks to that side, why wouldn't he? Kick off result... BLITZ! arse. Luckily he can't quite get to where the ball's landing, but still we have 2 of his players standing next to where the ball is due to land, it bounces a bit and ends up in the open. After a couple of turns of to and fro, I get the ball with a thrower and pass it across the field to an open blitzer. This sucks his players across the field, he steals the ball, I steal it back and eventually make a break for it with a catcher. He has one chance for a 1d blitz to take him down but I think dodge saves me, and I dodge out of the TZ into the end zone. 1-1. I could have put one of his linerats into the crowd then, but it would have been such a dumb way to lose a turnover if it had failed, and I needed the re-roll for the dodge. I think Fist had 2 or 3 posessions in that drive, and was probably a couple of rolls either way away from scoring. v. lucky to get away with it.

The next drive he picked the ball up deep and passed/ran across the LoS. I stopped him there briefly, stripped the ball and he did that clever* thing again blocking one of my men onto the fallen ball where his rat could pick it up off the scatter without risk of turnover. I think most of my men were knocked down for most of the next two turns and he walked the ball in. 2-1.

I've got 2 turns left to equalise. Should be possible. Fist kicks... and the ball lands in the end zone. ARGH. Happened twice against FP too. So lucky. I flood men down into the backfield hoping one of them will be in distance for the endzone to score, pick up the ball. For the first time in the game I actually knock down all his line-rats. (I should maybe have done more of this earlier...) but Fist knows he doesn't really need to bother with anyone outside scoring distance to the end zone, surrounds my deep players with 2 or 3 men each... it's all too much although I stupidly don't even try some outrageous TD attempt which I probably should have. My only options involved a pass/handoff to a man in 3 TZs, or an interceptable pass to one in 2 TZs plus lots of lucky dodges. Still, could have worked.

*it might have been lucky, we'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he did the same thing twice.

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 14:09:17
Re to the *

Yes I was lucky but i almost always push (with a block) a men on the ball trying to get it on rebound when a lot of players surround it. It works better than trying to pick it up, even if it fails and ends to an opponent player i still have the option to block him. I really had 4 or 5 of those rolls earlier, and failed them all :(

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 14:12:32
Oh and that was really a one turn TD :p

Funko
28-07-2009, 14:12:58
Yeah, I figured it was a deliberate tactic. It's a nice idea. A bit risky though.

Funko
28-07-2009, 14:13:42
Oh and that was really a one turn TD :p

Which one?

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 14:14:27
Not risky! Just Skaven Style! We play like that allllllllll the time :p

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 14:34:43
Excellent work on the table :beer:

Funko
28-07-2009, 14:40:25
I've added casualties and kills.

Funko
28-07-2009, 14:44:38
I didn't level anyone up. :(

King_Ghidra
28-07-2009, 14:55:56
I wouldn't expect to after one game normally, unless you get lucky with who the mvp gets awarded to.

The fact that fist got a gutter runner up and got +1MA too puts a giant bullseye on his back :shoot:

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 15:04:48
He got MVP and +1 for a pass, leave him beeeeeee

Funko
28-07-2009, 15:08:29
I did buy an apothecary rather than another linesman to replace my injured one in the next game. AFAIK that's is totally in the rules and no longer an exploit, as my next opponent should play me as if I'm a 1040 TV team rather than 990.

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 15:10:34
I wish I had an apo.. and I'm playing chaos next match ugh

Funko
28-07-2009, 15:12:16
Is that in your team screen? I couldn't see the match schedule in the league set-up.

Funko
28-07-2009, 15:13:18
You're better off playing chaos now before they end up with claws and shit on everyone.

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 15:14:22
Yeah schedule team screen. Interface is really crap :lol:

Funko
28-07-2009, 15:18:51
I don't think it even sorts the league table.

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 15:21:18
You can also see other team rosters, but you have to go thru the schedule,

Inormation is there, just not really organized.

Funko
28-07-2009, 15:31:30
Ah... so do you know the other matchups for gameweek 2 and 3?

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 15:33:05
All of them yes. Want to write down the schedule on your first post?? :lol:

Funko
28-07-2009, 15:34:04
Yeah, and just to see who I'm playing when.

Fistandantilus
28-07-2009, 15:45:25
Gameweek 1
Black Rock Clan vs Beta's Belters
Rats on a Plane vs The Losers!
Silvermine Skullcleavers vs Notre Dame de la Pitiť

Gameweek 2
Beta's Belters vs Rats on a Plane
Black Rock Clan vs Silvermine Skullcleavers
The Losers! vs Notre Dame de la Pitiť

Gameweek 3
Silvermine Skullcleavers vs Rats on a Plane
The Losers! vs Beta's Belters
Notre Dame de la Pitiť vs Black Rock Clan

Gameweek 4
Silvermine Skullcleavers vs The Losers!
Rats on a Plane vs Black Rock Clan
Beta's Belters vs Notre Dame de la Pitiť

Gameweek 5
Black Rock Clan vs The Losers!
Beta's Belters vs Silvermine Skullcleavers
Notre Dame de la Pitiť vs Rats on a Plane

Funko
28-07-2009, 15:46:43
Thanks!

Beta1
28-07-2009, 20:37:55
fp 1 beta1 -0

Absolute brute of a game, I received and broke one of fp's blitzers necks in the second turn, then stupidly left the back door open, fp disrupted my formation and stole the ball. Running brawl until he scored in turn 7.

Casulaties all over the place. Very attritional second half with almost a reverse of the first half - fp received, big brawl, ball turned over.

last few turns was very tense - my BM broke from the ruck threw and missed a huge pass up field (but it landed close). Following turn my CW blitzes the last defender and then if he picks up the ball its a TD.

So of course he fumbles it.

Very fun game, ended with 3 of my players hurt, 1 of fp's permentently injured, two of his pushed off the pitch lots KOed, chaos team attempting a passing a game and the bizarre sight of a black orc being used as a ball carrier (twice).

Well I lost the match but on the basis I caused a permentant injury I'll claim i won the fight!

Only downside for me - no SPP. You wait till this lot have extra arms and claws. Then I wont spend half the game trying to pick the ball up.

fp
28-07-2009, 20:46:34
Black Rock Clan 1 - 0 Beta's Belters (3-1 casualties, no deaths)

This was a very attritional game, as you would expect from Orcs vs Chaos.

Beta received first and, after his Beastman had failed to pick up the ball once, formed a cage near one of the wings. I moved my team up to challenge him, but made the mistake of leaving myself open to a huge crowd push. One of Beta's BM pealed off and blitzed the melee from the side, probably pushing 4 or 5 of my men and sending one off into the crowd. It was a good move that i wasn't prepared for at all.

However, Beta had made a mistake also, and in the end this proved to be the deciding point of the game. There was a gap for my flanking blitzer to get around the back of the cage and blitz the ball carrier. I did so and had to settle for pushing the BM back, however since I pushed him into a throng of my players it wasn't long until the ball had been knocked loose.

I got lucky at this point. While moving a Black Orc to try and get a cage of my own set up, I accidentally moved him over the ball. Of course he tried to pick it up, and luckily for me he succeeded! My team bashed their way slowly towards Beta's line over the next couple of turns, but i ended up getting a bit bogged down. After manufacturing an opportunity to spread the play I moved the ball sideways out of the cage, handing off to a blitzer who ran in (with two GFI's) for a score. Beta only had one turn left in the half.

In the second half I made a cage, but foolishly got impatient and tried to break out far too soon. Beta caught up with me and eventually blitzed my ball carrier off the field. The ball was thrown back on in approx the middle of Beta's half. I only had two Black Orcs within range, but after a block and a blitz one of them successfully picked it up! Black Orcs are the new Gutter Runners apparently...

Anyway, I wasn't able to support my ball carrier very well so Beta got the ball back and tried a very ambitious pass downfield. It was never like to come off, but was probably his best shot as I think he had three turns to cover most of the length of the field, which would be tough with Chaos if you also have to bash your way through a load of Orcs. The pass almost came off, actually, and landed not far from the waiting Chaos Warrior, who, unluckily for Beta failed the pick up on the next turn. By that point I had scrambled a load of players back and was able to put the ball in 3 TZs. It was basically impossible for Beta to score from that position (especially with no player skills and, by this point, no re-rolls) so that's how it ended.

Neither team leveled up any players, but my only injured player (a blitzer) suffered -1 AG. I bought a new Thrower to put my team back up to 11 players, but still don't have an Apo.

My next game is against K_G, who no doubt will taking out his frustration on my poor Orcs. Those dwarves are pissed off.

Funko
29-07-2009, 07:48:49
Updated the table, as there's equal TD difference I've sorted it on Casualty difference.

Funko
29-07-2009, 07:57:52
I'm not sure what we do now. Just as we've got going we have to go on hiatus which is a bit of a shame. I think maroule has got 1 day until he goes away, and still unable to start a game with K_G

fp
29-07-2009, 08:20:27
K_G and maroule played last night. K_G was winning 1-0 (with I think 4 turns to go?) and then his game crashed and he got a disconnection loss, so the game counts it as a 3-1 win maroule. At least that's what I understood from the in-game chat room stuff last night.

Beta is on holiday now too. Not sure how long for.

Fistandantilus
29-07-2009, 08:36:11
Oh, and how are TD awarded in case of a disconnection? To random players?

fp
29-07-2009, 08:40:36
Yes to random players (although that may be a bug, I'm not sure if you're supposed to get the TD star player points at all) plus maroule will have been awarded a second MVP.

Funko
29-07-2009, 08:43:48
Gah, that is totally shit in almost every way.

fp
29-07-2009, 15:13:31
K_G: I'm free tonight for a game if you want to play our Gameweek 2 match.

King_Ghidra
29-07-2009, 15:41:07
kk. 8?

i've just realised i haven't played an orc team in the pc version yet.

fp
29-07-2009, 16:02:41
Yes 8 is fine by me.

Funko
29-07-2009, 16:19:16
I'll be online at 8 too anyway.

fp
29-07-2009, 20:45:12
Gameweek 2
Black Rock Clan 0 - 1 Silvermine Skullcleavers

Another brutal game and a very depressing one for me. Don't have the heart to write up a full match report. However, with all due respect to K_G I consider myself very unlucky not to have won that game 2-0. Oh well, shit happens.

Once on turn 8 and then again on turn 13 or 14 I had a blitzer running for the end zone and failing a GFI roll that would have seen him score. The second time I even had a team re-roll to use on it, but rolled another 1!!! To be fair K_G did extremely well to counter attack and score after the second one. A very nice throw from the runner to a blitzer, which i totally didn't expect from a dwarf team, meant I had very little chance of recovering to stop him.

To cap off a bad day for the greenskins, one of my black orcs suffered a -1 ST injury, which of course makes him totally useless.

Kudos to K_G for a game well played, maybe his luck tonight was what he deserved after the game fucked him over yesterday. :beer:

Funko
29-07-2009, 21:56:20
Gameweek 2

The Losers! 3 - 2 Notre Dame de la Pitiť
Casualties 2 - 2

It's late now so a match report in the morning. Probably the first one of these games for a while that I've actually felt like I vaguely knew what I was doing.

Fistandantilus
30-07-2009, 05:32:51
Vaguely? :lol:

And K_G should stop grinding out 1-0 wins. We want shoooooowtimeeeeee!!

Funko
30-07-2009, 07:43:58
He's playing Dwarves!

Funko
30-07-2009, 07:44:56
What was the casualty count in that game?

King_Ghidra
30-07-2009, 08:16:13
2-1 to me in casualties

and i can't really add to fp's match report, he summed it up very well. he had some further bad luck in that i injured one of his black orcs on pretty much the first block of the first turn

fist, be careful what you wish for, you're up next.

Funko
30-07-2009, 08:30:30
Gameweek 2

The Losers! 3 - 2 Notre Dame de la Pitiť
Casualties 2 - 2

The turning point for this match happened before kick off. Notre Dame's TV had been inflated to 1150 due to the SPP bonuses from the disconnection win against K_G. With my journeyman my TV was only 1040, so I had 110,000 to spend on inducements. WOO! I considered the extra re-roll but with only 11 fit players including the journeyman, and having lost the last game in part by being a man down for long periods I decided to take a mercenary. I had the full complement of Throwers and Blitzers so that left Line-o or Catcher. Decided on the catcher for 100k... useful to be able to field 2 on any attack and they are fragile, plus they don't have to roll vs loner to make dodge or catch re-rolls (whereas my journeyman did fail a loner role on a double skull. 2d block reroll, and this cost me a turnover). maroule only had 11 players in his squad. Me being able to field 11 players at the start of every drive was probably decisive in the end.

It started off fairly badly for me. I'm not sure quite what happened but I received the kick-off, made some kind of pathetic attempt at an attacking first turn... maroule demonstrated how dumb it was by instantly flooding downfield, surrounding my thrower and it's pathetically weak cage and giving me virtually no options. I tried to block my way out of trouble but couldn't do it. Made a last ditch effort to pass out of trouble but failed, maroule grabbed the ball off the floor and ran it in. 1-0 maroule.

Right, let's try that again. Second Kick-Off I was slightly less retarded with my first receiving turn. I got catchers and a blitzer into his backfield, available to score. formed a loose cage around my thrower (with more bodies than the first time). Was a bit cleverer with my LoS blocks. He responded in a similar way to the first turn, making it difficult for my thrower but again not leaving many bodies guarding my catchers. I still didn't have many options and I took a risky move to pass downfield for a TD which paid off. Catch and Pass skills FTW. 1-1.

Now it was my first time kicking, and I think I'm better on defence. Maroule rushed most of his players forwards, leaving his thrower alone in the backfield 9 squares from my catcher and blitzer who had open space between him and them! It seems (I learnt a bit too late) that you can't blitz after 2 GFI? I was sure I'd done that before but the game didn't let me. :( I'd have had a 2d block with a blitzer against his thrower. Anyway. I was still in a great position the next turn. With the wings wide open I'd got my 2 men in contact with his thrower and cast a loose net around the rest of his team that made it hard for him to get back and assist. This wasn't helped by an unlucky turnover on a block before he'd had a chance to do anything to help his thrower (possibly a turn priority issue there though!). Next turn I sacked the thrower and ran the ball in. 2-1 to the Losers! This had all happened in about 6 turns so he still had 2 turns to equalise. I just about held off until half time. At some point during this half a linesman suffered a -1AV injury, but I apothecaried him. I later thought, it could have been my journeyman? Still more useful to have him back on the pitch.

Second half I started on defence. maroule's best drive of the game, he pinned me down, worked me over with his line, KOing one player and Badly Hurting another. He took things a bit more slowly taking a massive 3 turns to score, running in a touchdown in turn 12.

My last attacking drive, my substitute journeyman catcher comes on. The ball landed just behind and to the left of my LOS, I formed up with a very large loose cage, including the LoS around my thrower something I'm normally loathe to do in case we get surrounded, which we did. I didn't make any blocks in this turn at all, I couldn't risk anyone going down and he'd left a line of squares on the sideline with no TZs on it for me to run down so I could get a blitzer and catcher downfield. I had to make about 6 or 7 successful 2d blocks to block a space for my thrower to pass downfield to the catcher for a TD. 3-2.

Another downside for maroule was that on this drive, as he was surrounding my player, he made an unnecessary GFI+dodge roll with one of his blitzers that ended in injury. Unluckily he said the GFI got him rather than what I think was a 5+ dodge. This left me 3 turns to defend whilst a man up. I have strong defence out wide tempting him to hit me centrally (journeyman catcher goes onto the line so I don't have to risk a real player) and maroule takes the bait. Easily bashes through the LoS flooding through the middle. I surround him. In my view he then wastes a turn running his thrower behind his defensive screen without trying to make a break for a touchdown, leaving him only one turn to do so. He's only got 3 players in TD range in the last turn. I blitz one to the ground and surround the other two as best I can. He's still got a shot at a TD but it'll take a lot of good rolls and he has no team rr left... tense, but he doesn't make it. I throw a few token T16 blocks hoping for SPP but don't get any and it's all over.

I get 2 level ups, on a thrower and catcher and pick what I now think might have been stupid skills, Leader and Jump Up. And buy a new Loser Linesman (Cyanide). New TV 1140.

King_Ghidra
30-07-2009, 08:44:01
on the blitz front, the blitz counts as one of of your moves. so the blitz would have to be the second GFI, not after the second GFI. e.g. with ma 5 you can move 4 and blitz, or move 5 GFI 1 and blitz, etc.

Funko
30-07-2009, 08:45:54
Ah. That makes sense. I might have got lucky there, if I had decided to make a 1d assisted block with the catcher it could have been a disaster.

fp
30-07-2009, 09:18:01
Good write-up, thanks Funko.

I found your comment about being better at defence interesting. I feel the same way - I'm not confident that I know what I'm doing when receiving the ball, but feel very comfortable kicking and then harrassing the ball carrier. Perhaps that's because I prefer playing bashy teams.

Funko
30-07-2009, 09:25:46
I think defence you can rely on a few standard patterns of play, like, either bash everything you can see, surround everything in TD range and force them to make rolls or blitz like crazy. It's forced on you by what the offence does to some extent. Offence (with humans at least) takes more creativity. If you don't mix it up you're too easy to predict and stop. Plus the downsides of failed rolls/turnovers seem less important on defence.

Fistandantilus
30-07-2009, 09:36:51
It's nice because I feel much more comfortable with the ball in hands than not :D

Funko
30-07-2009, 09:54:12
Fixed the league table to sort first on TD diff, then Cas diff.

Beta1
05-08-2009, 14:00:00
Gameweek 2
Black Rock Clan 0 - 1 Silvermine Skullcleavers

Another brutal game and a very depressing one for me. Don't have the heart to write up a full match report. However, with all due respect to K_G I consider myself very unlucky not to have won that game 2-0. Oh well, shit happens.

Once on turn 8 and then again on turn 13 or 14 I had a blitzer running for the end zone and failing a GFI roll that would have seen him score. The second time I even had a team re-roll to use on it, but rolled another 1!!! To be fair K_G did extremely well to counter attack and score after the second one. A very nice throw from the runner to a blitzer, which i totally didn't expect from a dwarf team, meant I had very little chance of recovering to stop him.

To cap off a bad day for the greenskins, one of my black orcs suffered a -1 ST injury, which of course makes him totally useless.

Kudos to K_G for a game well played, maybe his luck tonight was what he deserved after the game fucked him over yesterday. :beer:

You are really not having much luck on the injury rolls are you? that's two ability penalties in two games.

Funko
05-08-2009, 14:18:23
oooh, if you're back you can play your game against Fist?

Beta1
05-08-2009, 15:04:17
hopefully, some point this week. Have posted in the other thread to see when he's around.

Funko
05-08-2009, 15:06:02
I think he's actually staying at Maroule's house at the moment. Well, Paris can't be that big.

MDA
06-08-2009, 11:53:48
yeah, Parisians are always complaining that "there must be something more than this provincial life"

Beta1
16-08-2009, 17:08:16
OK league is on again!

Result - Beta's belters 3 - Rats on a Plane 1, Casualties 2-0

Really entertaining game although pattern was set on the first drive - I kicked off short, decked everything in sight, and by the end of T2 fist was two rats down with no reserves 9including his only thrower). Fist tried to throw his way out of trouble only to have a 2+ pass intercepted by a CW who decked his marker and headed up pitch. Turn 5 - 1-0 to me. T6, I kick off, fist picks up but leaves the smallest gap in his defence which a CW blitzes through and takes out the ball carrier. After some back and forth possession both sides attempt to make massive range passes and fail. half time.

Second half, Fist kicks, I can't cage and move up field, short grind later a gap opens and I break left and score. T14 I fail to recover the kick off, Fist blitzes a hole in my defence and a gutterrunner makes it through to score. 2-1.

next KO goes out of play, I use the free ball to set the cage, and with one turn left and stuck near half way line but have one free BM who makes it to within range of end zone. Final turn I manage to clear a line for the ball carrier who bursts through, hands the ball off to the runner who makes it over the touch-line, 3-1

Great game, Fist never gave up despite not having the rats to contain my CWs and as the ref gave him more added turns than in the average 0-1 Man U home match he was still in with a chance of a draw all the way to turn 15. And he didn't get too badly mauled. But I now have 2 CW with claws :)

King_Ghidra
16-08-2009, 21:08:59
Ouch.

Well I have ended the game week so week 3 is now up and ready to go.

Fistandantilus
17-08-2009, 07:41:20
I think he's actually staying at Maroule's house at the moment. Well, Paris can't be that big.

:lol: I only stayed 10 days of the whole trip in Paris and I should have stayed way longer to see everything I planned to.

Anyway, back to the game.

I choose to receive first and Beta kicks near the line of scrimmage, have to find some breathing space and pull back a bit but then on turn two I suffer two casualties (one of which the thrower, who will miss the next game and will get a -1 AV too)... :(
I can deal with multiple KOs but those injuries mean I'm playing the entire rest of the match two men down..

Turn three I open a line to try and score but the short pass to the gutter runner (2+ to succeed) gets intercepted! by a CW, that pretty much sealed the game already. It was a slow march to the end zone while many rats bumped into the cw without even moving him an inch. Yes, I heard the evil laughters.

Half time: Beta's belters 1 - 0 Rats on a Plane

I kick at the start of the second half, Beta pushes forward and forward and I really have nothing to stop him despite some desperate attempts. 2-0

Next play I receive, spread my little fragile rats out and luckily enough for me Beta, out of rerolls, suffer a turnover on a block. That allowed my gutterrunners to find a quick way to the end zone. 2-1

I'm kicking now and Beta can only protect the ball on the ground without picking it up, i push back one of his defenders and pick up the ball with a gutterrunner, now I have the choice to pull back a bit (but would have been vulnerable to a blitz on my carrier from a chaos warrior) or try and pass to the other side to the gutterrunner behind Beta's line. It's a 4+ pass but I went for it hoping that even if it didn't succeed the ball would fall down away from the bulk of Beta's players and could take advantage of my mobility.

But the pass gets intercepted by the only cw on the trajectory and Beta mounts another slow march to score on the last turn.

Final result: Beta's belters 3 - 1 Rats on a Plane

Enjoyed the game, but I'm realizing at the pace of one crippling injury per game I won't get much far, I don't even have the money to replace the injured :lol:

I'm waiting for you K_G! :p

King_Ghidra
17-08-2009, 08:12:02
Wed/Thurs is the earliest i can play this week. Doable for you?

Beta1
17-08-2009, 08:25:22
Funko - When you want to play then? Am free Mon-Wed night

Fistandantilus
17-08-2009, 08:41:22
Wed/Thurs is the earliest i can play this week. Doable for you?

Wed evening is fine.

Funko
17-08-2009, 10:10:36
Beta, tonight or weds are best for me.

Funko
17-08-2009, 11:50:53
Just having a look at the league table. It's very tight. Only 2 games down but it does sort of bear out this idea that a lot of us are at the same sort of level.

Beta1
17-08-2009, 12:31:23
Funko - how about 7pm today then?

Funko
17-08-2009, 12:45:59
7:30 or 8 would be better, I don't get home until quarter to 7 and need to eat etc.

Beta1
17-08-2009, 15:08:01
Cool, 8 is fine by me!

Funko
17-08-2009, 15:12:27
Great, see you then.

Funko
17-08-2009, 16:25:38
Just realised, I've never even seen Chaos let alone played against them.

Beta1
17-08-2009, 17:08:04
Its really easy - just try and fight your way up the middle, Chaos warriors are really only any good for intercepting passes (just ask fist)

Fistandantilus
17-08-2009, 19:13:45
:lol:

Funko
17-08-2009, 20:50:30
Beta won 2-0, 1 casualty all.

Chaos are an odd team to play against.

Match report to come, but let's just say at one point all my players were ignoring the ball and hammering and gang-fouling his chaos warriors. I did eventually KO one.

Beta1
17-08-2009, 21:12:55
yeah not often you see a chaos team running with the ball while a human team tries to foul them into the pitch.

Highlight of the game for me was the first kick off which I hit short and wide. the kick off event was a blitz for me, i ran a CW forward and I caught my own kick.

After my last game where a CW intecepted two passes it appears that CW are this seasons catcher.

Fistandantilus
17-08-2009, 21:44:43
Highlight of the game for me was the first kick off which I hit short and wide. the kick off event was a blitz for me, i ran a CW forward and I caught my own kick.

Wow! never saw that happen before.

Funko
18-08-2009, 08:05:10
Well truthfully that was the worst I've ever played against a human. I had absolutely no strategy, played really riskily and completely erratically. Made absolutely ridiculous errors the two times I had posession and never really had any attempt to win the game.

After his Chaos Warrior caught the kick (the worst possible start for me really), I did knock him down and get the ball, but it took 5 players to do it, the three on the line were locked up which left me 3 players to try and do something with. I gambled on a risky crossfield pass to a blitzer who charged downfield. I'd calculated he could only get a one beastman block on him which was relatively good odds... and at least the ball would be downfield. But I forgot horns gave him a 2D block. Ridiculous. Blitzer goes down, as do most of my other players. He cages the ball, KOs 3 players, I get a blitzer sent off for no reason and I end up with 7 players on the pitch two of whom are catchers and a cage of chaos warriors who take 3 players to get a 2d block... I decide to let him run out the half and bash his non caged players for a bit to little effect.

Luckily all my KOed players wake up. Second half I'm mentally beaten already. I kick deep so he has to cage with beastmen, he picks up the ball again (never actually fails to pick up although it burns all his re-rolls). With hindsight I could probably take down a cage of beastmen but I'm not thinking about it in any rational terms so I decide I'm going to ignore the ball and beat the hell out of his Chaos Warriors on the line to cheer myself up. The three of them spend most of the half on the ground, I think with my massed fouls I manage to cause 2 stuns and a Knock Out. I do manage to injure a beastman though getting the first casualty of the game. Woo! After I finally get the KO on the CW I send some of my guys off for a token effort to stop his cage, which is actually moderately effective. Beastmen aren't really very tough. Ah well. I pose enough threat that he has to take the score on his turn 14 giving me 3 turns to score. I manage to fuck this up royally. He kicks to the LoS, luckily my linesman doesn't catch it and it drops behind the line. I move a blitzer across from the left side to the right, past the ball to protect the gap on that line before my thrower picks the ball up, but ridiculously run the blitzer over the ball so he picks it up. ARGH. And I'd moved him his full movement. So he throws the ball back to my thrower and I hide behind the LOS which is the last place I ever want to be hiding, especially against bashing. As predicted his CWs walk through my wall and he gets a 2d blitz on my thrower which thankfully is only a pushback. T15 I do get a catcher into the endzone but my thrower can't dodge out of the TZs to attempt the pass. Last turn I do pick the thrower up, get the ball and make a 1 square pass for the SPP.

Beta was good, very solid and methodical. He had a gameplan and stuck to it. I still have no idea how to play these humans against bashy teams really, they are flexible but they also are pretty mediocre at everything.

That said, they are made for fouling, they are relatively quick, relatively cheap and their linesmen are completely expendable. Fouling with a blitzer is moronic though. And with a thrower although it was the thrower who KOed the CW with a foul in the end.

Fistandantilus
18-08-2009, 09:01:53
Humans are made for fouling?

Nice recap tho :beer:

Oh and this

I decide I'm going to ignore the ball and beat the hell out of his Chaos Warriors on the line to cheer myself up.

Made me laugh

Funko
18-08-2009, 09:13:11
They have cheap expendable linesmen, they are relatively quick and can surround prone players quickly, they are slightly harder to injure than elves or skaven so you can afford getting someone sent off.

Fistandantilus
18-08-2009, 10:13:55
Oh, I almost never try fouling, I fear being set off sooooo much.

Funko
18-08-2009, 10:15:57
:D

As I defined it to Beta "Trying to get my players protected in the dungeon"

King_Ghidra
18-08-2009, 12:53:22
fist, so Weds. 730 GMT?

Fistandantilus
18-08-2009, 14:28:19
Good!

We have a date :heart:

Funko
18-08-2009, 14:29:30
It's good how fast the matchmaking is going on this when people are around.

Funko
18-08-2009, 14:30:51
Will it be a third 1-0 to the skullcleavers?

Beta1
18-08-2009, 14:37:43
fraid I'm probably going to slow things fown again - I'm away thursday->tuesday

Funko
18-08-2009, 14:40:45
I don't think it'll matter because I don't think maroule's back before then.

Fistandantilus
18-08-2009, 16:06:19
Will it be a third 1-0 to the skullcleavers?

No way. He'll score more than that unless he really doesn't want to.

King_Ghidra
19-08-2009, 10:07:47
considering that half of your players move twice as fast as most of mine, i'll reserve judgement on the result

i have zero confidence i can stop even less than eleven rats scoring. on the flip side, i don't think you have a chance to stop me scoring. the difference is it will take me 6-8 turns to score. it will take you 2 :D

Funko
19-08-2009, 10:28:32
Some of it might depends how quickly you can get him down from 11 rats to a more manageable number.

Fistandantilus
19-08-2009, 11:36:23
It's already manageable, I only have two GRs :D and the thrower is out for the game, they are all linerats...

Although I like the numbers of rerolls I took, starting with an extra player backfired royally. I should have taken a GR and an Apothecary instead of that 12th player.

Due to the injuries I'm constantly having players missing a game... so I have basically paid to avoid hiring a free mercenary :bash:

Funko
19-08-2009, 12:00:38

Slightly annoyed the fixtures had me play against you in the first round now. :)

King_Ghidra
19-08-2009, 19:39:23
2-0 to the Skullcleavers. 2 kills and 4(?) Cas inflicted. Fist very unlucky.

Fistandantilus
19-08-2009, 19:40:47
Quick recap.

KG receives.
My rats die.

After turn 4 I already have 1 death, 3 casualties (1 with a permanent injury) and a KO.

I collect another death (a vermin nonethelss.. AV 8 my arse) before the end of the first half just trying a dodge.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7862/carnagez.png

This is the situation at half time. It got only worse after that with another death and blah blah..

Final score: Silvermine skullcleavers 2 - 0 Rats on a plane.

Rats carnage recap:
2 KOs
6 casualties (1 permanent injury)
3 deaths

I can play the rest of the tourny but it's pretty pointless as I don't have a team anymore... let me know what you prefer to do, maybe a team of mercenaries would play better :D

Funko
20-08-2009, 07:47:29
And he could still only make it over the line twice. :)

Funko
20-08-2009, 07:51:43
Still he must have got massive SPP just before he plays me, so thanks for that!

Fistandantilus
20-08-2009, 07:55:09
You're welcome!

King_Ghidra
20-08-2009, 08:06:32
i still only have 3 players who have skilled up though. a runner with block and my two trolll sayers who picked up tackle.

after 3 games my team is finally worth more than when i started.

Funko
20-08-2009, 08:08:30
That is pretty devastating though. That many casualties to KO ratio is incredibly unlucky. Unless he's stacked up with Mighty Blow through the team a casualty should only happen in 1/6th of armour fails and death only in 1/6 of those. You'd expect around 100 armour fails to get 3 deaths. :(

Funko
20-08-2009, 08:09:17
i still only have 3 players who have skilled up though. a runner with block and my two trolll sayers who picked up tackle.

after 3 games my team is finally worth more than when i started.

One more than me. :( Only myself to blame, not scoring is bad for human SPP.

Funko
20-08-2009, 08:17:40
Interesting the way the championship is winding up. K_G has the best TD difference, Cas difference and Kills difference. Would be difficult for anyone can catch him on the casualties/kills but Beta not far behind in TDs.

fp could easily make it a 3 way race if he can beat maroule, also has a game against what's left of the rats to come.

And the final round has Silvermine Skullcleavers vs Beta's Belters, looking like a potential championship game.

King_Ghidra
20-08-2009, 08:43:45
yeah.

no i don't have any mighty blow. fist was very unlucky. that said, i expected to cause more casualties in my first two games so i guess fist just got a smack from the cosmic balancer.

btw if i was w1 d1 l1 i could hardly complain. i don't feel i've played particularly better than anyone else. i know i've played my team well to their strengths but that's about as much as i can say.

certainly luck has gone my way at some key moments.

Funko
20-08-2009, 09:09:19
I'm sure Nuffle is just waiting for his chance to smack you down.

Funko
20-08-2009, 09:22:49
i know i've played my team well to their strengths but that's about as much as i can say.

Seriously though, that's all you can do isn't it?

My main problem has been I'm still not sure what Human strengths are, arguably their strength is not having a strength. This Coach guy off the BB forums has it about right.

http://bloodbowlplaybook.com/human-teams/

I think after I level a few more players, I'll be starting to see them come together. Of course that'll be the end of the first season (and probably the end of this tester league).

King_Ghidra
20-08-2009, 09:23:38
as long as its against anyone but you mike

Funko
20-08-2009, 09:24:44

And you x-posted my serious comment onto the previous page, probably where it deserves to be. :)

King_Ghidra
20-08-2009, 09:32:20
haha sorry. no it's a valid point.

Funko
20-08-2009, 09:37:42
As a proof of concept the league has already been a success.

It'd be interesting to see how Fist's team of journeymen and star players gets on in the next game, presumably he'll have a fairly massive TV difference to fill.

It's annoying they left so many of the Inducement options out.

King_Ghidra
20-08-2009, 09:55:56
yeah i meant to say, as you mentioned a few days back, it has been great that everyone has managed to get their shit together and get their games played.

Fistandantilus
20-08-2009, 10:17:57
Yeah, this league is too few games.

Is there an option to do it at least two games against each opponent?

Funko
20-08-2009, 10:19:58
Well you can certainly roll the league on to a second season.

Funko
20-08-2009, 10:20:26
Some people, due to the limitations of the current private league format, are running games entirely in the public league and recording stats separately, much like we are.

Funko
20-08-2009, 10:26:06
Wait, do you want your rats to have 5 more games? :D

Fistandantilus
20-08-2009, 10:30:38
As a proof of concept the league has already been a success.

It'd be interesting to see how Fist's team of journeymen and star players gets on in the next game, presumably he'll have a fairly massive TV difference to fill.

It's annoying they left so many of the Inducement options out.

TV is 820, guess it will get to 970 with the journeymen. I doubt i can afford a star.

But I get my (now) AV 6 thrower back! Yay! Let's guess how many turns will survive!

Fistandantilus
20-08-2009, 10:32:04
Rats life expectancy is way less than that, was just a general comment, would be nice to see how teams develop and 5 games are not enough imo.

Funko
20-08-2009, 10:33:36
Hmm. Yeah, your next game is against FP? I think he's on about 1140/1160 so depends how his next game goes.

fp
20-08-2009, 12:46:08
Yes the league is shaping up to be pretty interesting. K_G the clear favourite with 3 wins from 3 (those failed GFIs that cost me two TDs against him will haunt me forever :D), but me and Beta both stand a chance. Beta more than me, given the TD and Cas differences.

I've got two games left against Humans, which I think is a good match-up for Orcs at low TV, and one against the devasted rats. Four wins still a possibility for my lads, but I'll need plenty of luck to win those games. Only having three black orcs will hurt me, and negate some of my bashy advantage against the humans.

The biggest problem for me though is going to be playing all my games. My schedule for the next few weeks is very busy.

It is possible that I won't be able to fulfill all my fixture commitments. I hope I won't keep everyone waiting too long though - is it possible for me to forfeit any games if I simply can't find the time? Does the game's online system allow for that?

Funko
20-08-2009, 13:07:09
I'm about to be out of action for 2 weeks too. Week before and after the wedding. 27th August to 11th Sept.

Fistandantilus
20-08-2009, 13:36:51
I thought playing blood bowl was the primary honeymoon activty? :confused:

Funko
20-08-2009, 13:49:59
Apparently not. :(

King_Ghidra
20-08-2009, 14:21:34
i wouldn't sweat it on the fixtures front. we'll play them as and when.

as for the league, yes i think beta is the one i fear, not least because as i play him last he will have all of his fucking players with claws by then :p

Funko
20-08-2009, 14:23:37
Ha, they actually make a lot more difference against you.

Funko
21-08-2009, 12:23:31
A thread to make Fist sick.

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6736

King_Ghidra
21-08-2009, 14:28:58
I hate all those 'what shall i do with my ten gazillionth spp' threads on the forums. i wonder if they're playing the same game.

Funko
21-08-2009, 16:05:28
They are certainly not playing the same people we are.

Fistandantilus
21-08-2009, 17:00:46
A thread to make Fist sick.

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6736

I just don't know how they manage to avoid getting hurt at all.

I mean he has 15 rats (with 4 runners, 2 vermins and 2 throwers)
I have 9 rats (with 2 runners, 1 vermin and a crippled thrower)

And he played only one more game than me...
I'm not even considering level ups but :cry:

Funko
24-08-2009, 08:07:23
I guess he's playing against the AI, or just terrible humans.

Fistandantilus
24-08-2009, 10:00:14
That's what I did too!

:p

Funko
24-08-2009, 10:12:29
:lol:

Beta1
01-09-2009, 12:41:57
Been playing a skaven campaign for the last week or so. Its bloody hilarious (and at least its hard- compared to a Chaos one).

Seeing why fist is struggling agaisnt humans - I have to really play well to beat the orcs or dwarfs with skaven playing agasint the AI.

Doesnt help that the AI never gets its TV up at the same rate as I do so I always give them a big incentives budget.

Last game agasint the AI dwarfs left me with 2 players on the pitch at the end. Scraped a draw by stalling for long enough to leave them with not enough time to reach my end.

Skaven are hilarious to level up though - I have a linerat with horns and frenzy - he's like a mini minotaur. And a stormvermin with ST4, guard and mightblow which makes my line rather tougher than usual. Only had one player reach level 4 - most of the time they get to about L3 then get killed, on the other hand that keeps my TV reasonably in check. Do have a L4 gutterrunner with dodge, catch, two heads and leap and thrower with pass, accurate and leader. Makes for a lot of long range TDs. Of course one or the other will probably get killed shortly...

MDA
01-09-2009, 13:28:29
I'm seriously considering single player goblin. It's got to be more challenging than lizards, and if its horrible, it'll still be horrible and funny.

King_Ghidra
01-09-2009, 13:38:53
btw are fp and maroule in this dimension at the same time at some point?

maroule
03-09-2009, 17:15:01
yay
sorry, wasn't around much

Fp, can you play, and when?

Beta1
08-09-2009, 18:16:44
hello, anyone still playing????

Fistandantilus
09-09-2009, 07:39:22
Oh, if anyone likes a friendly match I'm available one of these days.

maroule
10-09-2009, 11:45:31
sounds pretty dead
haven't played BB since the holidays actually, even solo

unrelated, but I've downloaded and tried third age total war yesterday night
pretty impressive mod, I must say
don't know yet how it really plays but the work on the campaign, map, units, etc is outstanding

King_Ghidra
10-09-2009, 12:48:56
funko and i are waiting with bated breath to play our next round match, so all we need is for fp to show his face and you guys to sort it out.

maroule
11-09-2009, 10:51:39
fine with me, I'll find the time

Beta1
13-09-2009, 09:07:01
The biggest problem for me though is going to be playing all my games. My schedule for the next few weeks is very busy.

I think this is the problem

Fistandantilus
13-09-2009, 13:16:06
Houston!

Funko
14-09-2009, 08:37:22
Sorry have basically been offline for a fortnight.

I'm back and available to play whenever.