PDA

View Full Version : Torchwood

Lazarus and the Gimp
06-07-2009, 21:17:56
What the hell has happened? It's become quite good.

Funko
07-07-2009, 07:57:42
I haven't watched last nights yet, but the second series was a massive improvement on the first.

Russell T Davies dropping the first season's requirement to shoehorn a bit of same sex snogging or shagging into every episode possibly helped.

Funko
08-07-2009, 08:01:06
I'm a day behind due to Sky+ already having 2 things on season link @ 9pm on Monday...

But the first episode was great.

MOBIUS
10-07-2009, 11:10:44
I too have been really impressed by this 'series'! Though in saying that, yesterday's offering was perhaps the worst yet as the male snogging has crept in, and some of the stupidly implausible obviously-written-on-the-fly-as-they've-run-out-of-ideas stuff has started to bleed through what has been a well written in and highly entertaining show so far...

Hoping that the last episode tonight recovers some of the poise of the first couple.

Lazarus and the Gimp
10-07-2009, 17:50:07
It helps that, instead of spunking all the budget on crap CGI and rubbish SFX, they've actually hired some proper actors for a change. Peter Capaldi can't be cheap, but when has he ever turned in a bad performance?

Funko
13-07-2009, 08:18:29
The BBC HD shows are by far the highest quality... is it a higher level of HD than the US stuff?

I thought this whole series was really good. Is that the end for Torchwood though?

MOBIUS
13-07-2009, 09:42:14
All in all, very enjoyable, with a decent ending.

It does seem as though they've killed off Torchwood at least in Cardiff (at least we managed to repair Roald Dahl Plas in time for the International Food and Drink Festival, and The Ashes!), with their opening of an old base in London - did they finally run out of locations here?

I'm expecting a new 'Capt. Jack in Space' spin-off, given the manner of the ending, or a team up with the Doctor as one of his companions next. Besides, Eve Myles is going to drop a sprog, so they won't be filming for a while anyway...

jsorense
28-07-2009, 05:25:29
Yes, quite good. However, I think it would have been a lot better if it had been edited down to 4 episodes. [read, get rid of all the icky gay stuff:brwncard:]