PDA

View Full Version : Bored

Japher
08-06-2009, 17:03:07
Nothing to do today. I finished my powerpoint for class tomorrow. I will make notes for the presentation tomorrow, so they're fresh in my head. Thought I had some reading to do, but I don't... Can't get drunk at work, they'd probably frown if I installed Civ on this box, and it's looking like it might rain... so I can't go for a walk.

Any ideas?

Japher
08-06-2009, 17:09:45
I have a book on emotional intelligence... I might read it.

paiktis
08-06-2009, 17:14:58
read it it's good. amygdala and front lob centers(??).
Nice things. Made me think about devil's advocate(the film?). God gave men instict and then logic. And has them jumping from one foot to the next.
I give man what he wants. I am the biggest fan of man. I AM A HUMANIST - satan.

paiktis
08-06-2009, 17:39:26
amygdala is like a primitive small brain?
It has instincts writen all over it.
The electrical circuits are much faster than those of the front lobe centers.

It is isntinct.

It's what tells you to go pound that idiot ahead of you down to a pulp. Or to go chase that sexy girl.

That's amugdala.
Sometimes they get screwed. The hardwiring is wrong.

And then you have the front lob centers.

It's a different all together thing.
It's what makes us sapient.
They are inteliggence, analytical thinking.
But they are much slower in transmitting electrical signals than what amygdala are.

\So if you get an impromer (like rage) thought, that comes from the amygdala. You have to stop it through the front lob centers or you'd become like i don't know that assassine at columbine school.

Right.

The thing is, the brain developes brain cells according to experience.
Amygdala brain cells.

This creation of brain cells takes place primarily during the early years

paiktis
08-06-2009, 17:40:44
so that's when you get your hardwiring extra fast USB 16x hard drive. the amugdala.
if this develops screwy then you're in trouble because you'll always have the amygdala telling you funky things. of fear and rage mostly.

paiktis
08-06-2009, 17:41:57
it can be reprogrammed. new brain cells CAN develop. but it's a long and very hard road.

also, some people are born with extra sensitive amygdala. hyper active. in any case. it's a very interesting book.
doesn't solve much but it's a nice read.

DaShi
08-06-2009, 17:44:27
Japher, it sounds like you come to the end of your life. I envy you in a way.

Japher
08-06-2009, 17:53:59
I always say, the ultimate purpose of an engineer is to render themselves obsolete. Either the plant is efficient enough, the capacity is met or exceeded, the design is flawless, or the downsizing caused by your overspending is biting you in the butt.

Realized I have access to Lexis Nexis... journals up the wazoo