PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared

Drekkus
14-05-2009, 13:01:47
Tomorrow I will be off to some remote place in the Ardennes with my family in law. Besides all the usual reservations you should have with that, I will be without internet for about 72 hours. I'm not sure if I can do that. I hope my phone will give me some access to the web.
I'm taking a full bottle of whisky with me.

alsieboo
14-05-2009, 13:23:11
:eek: How are you going to cope?

Tizzy
14-05-2009, 13:25:12
Better take 2 bottles

Lurker
14-05-2009, 13:26:22
What Tizzy said, plus an extra bottle.

Actually make that two extra bottles, in case someone wants to share.

Funko
14-05-2009, 13:27:13
It's ok, I'm away for the next 72 hours too so I won't miss you.

Drekkus
14-05-2009, 13:30:52
Originally posted by alsieboo
:eek: How are you going to cope? No idea. The other day my internets @ home was broken. I had serious withdrawal symptoms. Every other minute I was thinking: 'oh, i'll look that up' and then go D'OH! And 30 seconds later go: 'I'll go do that then, D'OH!' To a point were I kept checking to see if it was up again, then putting my laptop away, looking at it in despair wanting my internets.

There should be a law against not having proper internet access.

Funko
14-05-2009, 13:31:36
You're stupid enough WITH access to the internet.

Drekkus
14-05-2009, 13:34:15
Originally posted by Lurker
What Tizzy said, plus an extra bottle.

Actually make that two extra bottles, in case someone wants to share. I'm thinking about bringing one cheap bottle and one with the good stuff. My father in law likes a drink, and another, but he can't tell the difference between good or bad. So I don't feel like spending exquisite whisky on someone who will be happy with some paint thinner.

Drekkus
14-05-2009, 13:35:23
Originally posted by Funko
You're stupid enough WITH access to the internet. Stupid but happy. Without it I'm stupid(er) and depressed.

alsieboo
14-05-2009, 13:36:14
Originally posted by Drekkus
No idea. The other day my internets @ home was broken. I had serious withdrawal symptoms. Every other minute I was thinking: 'oh, i'll look that up' and then go D'OH! And 30 seconds later go: 'I'll go do that then, D'OH!' To a point were I kept checking to see if it was up again, then putting my laptop away, looking at it in despair wanting my internets.

There should be a law against not having proper internet access.

It's bad isn't it :( I can get most of my internet fixes at work, but I started playing this online football manager game (that I got really hooked on) but it's blocked here and I misses it :(

King_Ghidra
14-05-2009, 13:53:07
Originally posted by Funko
You're stupid enough WITH access to the internet.

:lol: