PDA

View Full Version : aaaah.

protein
15-04-2009, 18:09:02
this is quite pleasant. if i still smoked weed i could play this for hours.

http://lab.andre-michelle.com/swf/fl10/ToneMatrix.swf

there are notes missing but who cares.

Japher
15-04-2009, 18:30:48
you've been posting sober? For how long?

Oerdin
15-04-2009, 18:32:06
Service Temporarily Unavailable

Oerdin
15-04-2009, 18:32:30
Originally posted by Japher
you've been posting sober? For how long?

I hadn't noticed any difference. ;)

[/PH]

Japher
15-04-2009, 19:02:06
yeah, I was setting that trap

protein
15-04-2009, 19:57:20
i haven't smoked weed in ten years. i smoked enough to make me permanently dopey.

MoSe
16-04-2009, 06:42:18
probelix

Funko
16-04-2009, 08:44:18
Originally posted by protein
i haven't smoked weed in ten years. i smoked enough to make me permanently dopey.

Really? :eek:

protein
16-04-2009, 11:32:53
yeah.

it stopped working properly when i had that amount of drugs and then a massive panic attack when i went out with amy. she ended up in therapy and i ended up suffering in silence.

i've had the odd puff here and there but it usually goes badly. i haven't properly smoked or bought or wanted weed since i was 21 - when i started kung fu.

i had a good effect off a couple of puffs when i was at coachella but the last two times i got properly stoned were horrific. i stayed up all night panicking the first time and went into a violent psychadelic rage the second time. i'm never smoking it again.

i'd take any drug right now except weed, ketamine, mushrooms and acid.

Funko
16-04-2009, 11:40:54
I knew you hadn't been smoking for ages, it was mainly the fact it was 10 years already that shocked me.

MDA
16-04-2009, 11:43:07
I thought only veterinary students took ketamine. Guess I know how they pay the bills now.

Funko
16-04-2009, 11:48:46
I've only taken it by mistake. Horrible.

MDA
16-04-2009, 11:56:45
its really acidic, should burn like a sonofabitch when you inject it

Funko
16-04-2009, 12:00:58
Ew, no. In a pill that puported to be an E. This is why drugs should be legal.

And probably over 10 years ago...

protein
16-04-2009, 12:04:48
mad isn't it. we're old.

i had better be rich and distinguished by the time i'm 40. i want to be interviewed for documentaries behind a big oak desk with gold disks on the wall behind me. i should be wearing suits by then too.

MDA
16-04-2009, 12:20:43
I had to look it up, I had no idea it was used as anything other than an injectable anesthetic.

I can't see putting my tax money toward forcing companies to make safe recreational drugs. That ranks down with the National Endowment for the Arts grants on my list of priorities. Its difficult enough to police the drug makers we have now. I'm pretty sure I'm a mean bastard, though.

Funko
16-04-2009, 12:27:16
Well obviously 'safe' isn't really correct, any more than it is with alcolhol or tobacco. But you treat them the same you get commercial companies to make drugs to whatever regulations you think and tax at point of sale, whilst also saving on prohibition so the government makes money. If you buy whisky you know what you are getting, should be the same with any drug.

Drug treatment costs probably go up, some UK survey recently reckoned legalisation would save the tax payer 5bn a year, but we aren't allowed. Some international organisations that determine these things (which are heavily influenced by/run by the US) wouldn't let us even if our electorate could be persuaded.

MDA
16-04-2009, 13:08:43
I misused safe, I think I meant what you did. What you see on the label would need to be what you get (quality controlled, good manufacturing practices, etc.). Its a huge task and no one say for certain the outcome would be an improvement. I don't think we'll see that ball rolling in our generation, even though my gut tells me that it probably would be a bit better than our current situation. At least we'd have to do something else with addicts than giving them a criminal record and making them less employable if they ever do get it together.

I'd also think that the bigger, more reputable pharma companies would avoid recreational drug manufacture out of fear for their image. People that take quality drugs can still end up doing something stupid or dangerous, and any publicity from that would reflect on the company, whether they deserved it or not.

I think legalization only addresses part of the problem. I've got two cousins that are addicts, and they didn't end up addicted because they got an impure drug or the wrong drug.

MDA
16-04-2009, 13:11:30
There should be a way to automatically block me from posting anything more than three lines long. Stream of consciousness posting is bad.

Funko
16-04-2009, 13:16:08
I guess the point is illegality isn't stopping people becoming addicts but it is funding organised crime and costing a fortune to police.

People might not be addicted because of bad or impure drugs, but they could die because of it. Or more likely OD because they got a more pure version they weren't used to.

There's a reasonable argument that the war on crime is a distraction from dealing with the real issues of why people become addicts and providing treatment for those that don't want to be anymore.

protein
16-04-2009, 13:42:55
i think they should deliberately poison heroin. then i'd stop getting harassed by that dickhead junkie at jackson's corner.

Oerdin
16-04-2009, 13:48:36

i had a good effect off a couple of puffs when i was at coachella but the last two times i got properly stoned were horrific. i stayed up all night panicking the first time and went into a violent psychadelic rage the second time. i'm never smoking it again.

i'd take any drug right now except weed, ketamine, mushrooms and acid.

Coachella is on again this weekend. Are you guys going to be there again?

MoSe
16-04-2009, 13:50:25
i haven't smoked weed in ten years.

... my last time was... during my first visit to Reading...

:cute:

protein
16-04-2009, 14:09:32
Originally posted by Oerdin
Coachella is on again this weekend. Are you guys going to be there again?
no, there's a rule about not playing two years in a row.

plus we're still doing our album at the moment.