PDA

View Full Version : King of Kong

King_Ghidra
03-03-2009, 15:19:58
Watched this on the weekend. Good, funny and very compelling documentary film about two guys battling to be the World's best Donkey Kong player.

In a similar vein i need to see Trekkies and Monster Camp i think.

Debaser
03-03-2009, 19:03:33
King of Kong is the best film ever. So many great bits.

King_Ghidra
04-03-2009, 09:48:30
vicky originally thought it was a mockumentary or napoleon dynamite type thing. i had to tell her those were all real people.

Debaser
04-03-2009, 18:37:12
My favorite is the Kip from Napoleon Dynamite look-a-like guy who holds the Marble Madness record, not just with his hand (though he does have a special glove), but with his foot too.

Also, did the main USA tie guy remind you of Phil Peacock from school?

Immortal Wombat
04-03-2009, 18:38:17
for some (http://ascii.textfiles.com/archives/1303) definition of real.

Funko
05-03-2009, 09:00:49
The difference between documentary and fiction is that in fiction you have to tell the truth.

A quote requoted this morning in the metro by some writer.

King_Ghidra
05-03-2009, 09:23:29
Originally posted by Debaser
My favorite is the Kip from Napoleon Dynamite look-a-like guy who holds the Marble Madness record, not just with his hand (though he does have a special glove), but with his foot too.

yes, yes, yes! We were saying if he was walking down the road in shoreditch he would be like the king of the world

Originally posted by Debaser

Also, did the main USA tie guy remind you of Phil Peacock from school?

:lol:

Immortal Wombat
05-03-2009, 20:11:35
Originally posted by Funko
The difference between documentary and fiction is that in fiction you have to tell the truth.

A quote requoted this morning in the metro by some writer.
wanky writers like that are why modern culture is such piss

King_Ghidra
10-03-2009, 11:17:47
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
for some (http://ascii.textfiles.com/archives/1303) definition of real.

yeah i decided to do some research myself after watching it and read a bunch of stuff saying there were lots of inaccuracies and liberties taken.

no surprise. my gf was saying the twists and turns of the story were too good to be true.