PDA

View Full Version : My sister has Bell's Palsy


Lazarus and the Gimp
01-12-2008, 17:48:45
Send positive vibes her way. Or just mock her for being a paralysed-faced freak.

mr_B
01-12-2008, 18:38:55
I thought it was a funny thread.

vibes from rotterdammit on the way.

Resource Consumer
01-12-2008, 19:27:00
Laz, a good friend of mine had this. It was horrible for a while but the good news is that in a lot of cases it just goes away after a while - it did in her case.

All the best to your sister.

Lazarus and the Gimp
01-12-2008, 20:37:20
I've had it myself. It's not that bad- three weeks of facial paralysis and it went away.

Greg W
02-12-2008, 00:15:50
All the best for her.

The Mad Monk
02-12-2008, 06:27:49
Best wishes.

MDA
02-12-2008, 15:22:01
Originally posted by Resource Consumer
Laz, a good friend of mine had this. It was horrible for a while but the good news is that in a lot of cases it just goes away after a while - it did in her case.

All the best to your sister.

Same. I think I even made a thread about it and got advice from Dr. Vernon.

Venom
02-12-2008, 15:22:39
Good advice, I might add.

Lazarus and the Gimp
02-12-2008, 18:05:29
You're all being so touchy-feely! I just took the piss out of her.

Making her laugh is hilarious.

Oerdin
02-12-2008, 18:42:23
From Wiki:


Even without any treatment, Bell's palsy tends to carry a good prognosis. In a 1982 study[18], when no treatment was available, of 1,011 patients, 85% showed first signs of recovery within 3 weeks after onset. For the other 15%, recovery occurred 36 months later. After a follow-up of at least 1 year or until restoration, complete recovery had occurred in more than two thirds (71%) of all patients.

I'm sure it sucks but at least the prognosis is fairly good. Good vibes sent.

mr_B
02-12-2008, 19:14:37
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
You're all being so touchy-feely! I just took the piss out of her.

Making her laugh is hilarious. :lol:

Funko
03-12-2008, 08:42:47
:lol:

Provost Harrison
03-12-2008, 14:26:39
Sounds cheaper than botox! :D

MDA
03-12-2008, 15:32:39
I was expecting someone to say "tell her to give it back!"

there, I said it

Tuberski
06-12-2008, 23:58:30
My sister has it as well, it always makes her sarcasm more sarcastic.

OldWarrior_42
07-12-2008, 02:43:57
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
You're all being so touchy-feely! I just took the piss out of her.

Making her laugh is hilarious.

You freakin' crack me up, I swear. :lol:

Anyway, wishing her a normal face at some time. Or as whatever normal might be.

alsieboo
07-12-2008, 11:57:50
They may be assholes, but not that much of an asshole, it's only ok to take the piss once you have :p

All the best, though

Spartak
07-12-2008, 15:22:31
Laz, do you have any pictures of when you had it to share? We can have a caption contest. Otherwise all the best to your sister.

Oerdin
07-12-2008, 19:31:54
If Bell's Palsy effects the face muscles then what type of Palsy effects the ass muscles? "Help! I can't control my bung hole!" Or worse yet no control over bladder functions.

Lazarus and the Gimp
07-12-2008, 22:59:58
Ketamine Palsy.