PDA

View Full Version : Eden Lake

Walrus Feeder
25-09-2008, 19:36:35
Anyone else seen this? The premise is that a couple escape from the city to visit a secluded lake and get terrorized by a gang of English yobs. It had me thinking it would be a cheap cliche ridden Brit flick clumsily based on tabloid headlines about yob culture. It turned out however, to be a very involving horror/thriller which genuine moments of tension, shock and played on people's anxieties and fears of gang violence of British social underclass in a thought provoking manner. A bit like a cross between Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Lord of the Files with a bit of Deliverence thrown in. There are some very savage moments but they're not done in overstated graphic manner like in Hostel. The film maintains it's sense of menace throughout and takes you on a rollercoaster of an increasingly disturbing story right to it's unsettling ending.

jsorense
28-09-2008, 23:28:49
"Touch of Evil
of Evil" (1958)?

King_Ghidra
29-09-2008, 13:23:56
reviews that i have seen have been very good. not really my thing though.

Debaser
29-09-2008, 18:52:53
Yeah, not mine either, though I've not heard it described as "Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Lord of the Files with a bit of Deliverence thrown in" before, a description I quite like the sound of.