PDA

View Full Version : Which movie could you watch over and over again?

Greg W
15-09-2008, 11:15:22
Inspired by a mate of mine that used to watch the Matrix from the Lobby scene to the end, roughly 1 hour, over and over again while exercising...

What movie (or series of movies) can (and do) you watch over and over again?

Up until 2001, I would have said the original Star Wars trilogy. My brother used to watch them all the time, and I must have seen them all 50+ times each, and yet I can still watch them any time they're on.

Post 2001 though, has to be the Lord of the Rings movies.

Lazarus and the Gimp
15-09-2008, 11:35:32
Films I've seen a large number of times- The Wicker Man, Walkabout, Performance, Sex and Lucia, Bladerunner.

MoSe
15-09-2008, 11:45:43
Interesting, few years ago such a question would only have made sense for music.
Now with video reproduction tools as widespread and common as having a fridge (I must be one in the 0.01% who doesn't have VCR/DVD player, nor downloads videos for the PC...), this opens up new chances for manic-obsessive addicts...

Of course one thing is listening over and over the same ~ 75 minutes CD while roaming in the house doing different chores and things, a different matter would be giving continuative attention to a ~90+ minutes movie running in loop...
You'd have to be stuck in a room, performing a repetitive chore who doesn't require as much visual attention to hinder you following a movie... i.e. physical work-out ... 3 hours long (???)
OR - you might intend that you are deliberatly potatoing, spending 3+ hours on the couch RE-watching the same movie....
OR - you might intend that you have the TV/player on just as a radio, you listen to the movie audio but only occasionally pass in front of the screen to throw a glance.
OR - you might intend the you don't actually view more consecutive runs of the movie, but that you don't lose a chance to watch it (i.e., everytime they pass it on scren on in theaters, or you put it on every evening once per evening...).

Not being ebale to reproduce movies at will, I can't really answer.

I might say that I've watch RHPS a dozent times, but that goes along with an happening so it's something peculiar.
IIRC the only movie I stayed in the theater to watch it again b2b (at the time when tickets were not stamped with a time and a seat...), was Querelle, by Fassbinder.
Many others I happily watch again as they get often re-broadcasted, but that depends on the offers on the channles in that particular nite, and on the mood. And we're talking about 2 or 3 reruns per *year* at most.

MOBIUS
15-09-2008, 12:05:09
I watched the Fellowship and Where Eagles Dare on TV again over the weekend...

alsieboo
20-09-2008, 17:43:12
The Virgin Suicides is one I have watched over and over again and I still haven't got tired of it.

protein
22-09-2008, 16:38:53
the shining - i could watch this every day. i avoid watching it when i can so i don't remember it too well

willy wonka and the chocolate factory - whenever this is on the tv i'll leave it on for a bit and before i know it the film has finished and i have a nice warm feeling.

any 70s/80s jackie chan/sammo hung film - i could watch these films on repeat all day long and still whoop with delight at every unbelievable stunt or fight sequence.

protein
22-09-2008, 16:39:59
Originally posted by protein
the shining - i could watch this every day. i avoid watching it when i can so i don't remember it too well. this is the bar at which i measure other films. when i saw there will be blood, i thought it was a proper film - like the shining.

willy wonka and the chocolate factory - whenever this is on the tv i'll leave it on for a bit and before i know it the film has finished and i have a nice warm feeling.

any 70s/80s jackie chan/sammo hung film - i could watch these films on repeat all day long and still whoop with delight at every unbelievable stunt or fight sequence.

MDA
22-09-2008, 18:19:51
Princess Bride
Goonies

I still watch Star Wars when its on TV.

self biased
24-09-2008, 21:31:09
the big lebowski. the first secret of monk-i'm sorry, pirates of the carribean.

jsorense
25-09-2008, 03:25:21
I have been gone forever.
a long week in the Tetons and a week with grandson Charlie.
For you foreignes, go for the Tetons. Shane,
Yes, if I were driving a car now I would be. . . . .. thank the gods I am not behind a wheel. :vom: :vom: