PDA

View Full Version : A voyage to normality.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 21:20:44
It's very very very hot.
I'm sweating so much. I have the TV on playing some crappy ER serial. There is no wind blowing and alcohol makes me even hotter.
However I have commenced a journey into normancy that I hope will endure.

Sometimes I think, if I get with a girl for serious this time, long lived, compatibility, plans for the future, stable and me serious.

Will I be able to still post on CG?
I don't mean like post and be serious like laz and scabby and (sometimes) funko is.

I mean posting and pure my heart out.
Will I still be able to eat off a bag off the bed and stay up late and drink retsina and smoke and do all that stuff?

Or does living with someone includes some rules?

Will I still be able to watch videoclips of sisters of mercy on youtube and sing out loud without the slightest consideration for anyone?

Or are these things excluded when you're living with someone, in serious terms.

Besides I don't think I can cope without a little retsina and staying up late at night and singing and generally be a bum. It's very entertaining.

Will my only times of exhilaration be in my own car playing the radio loud and singing?

I don't know. I guess one has to feel comfortable in his own house. Otherwise there's no fun. And it's really good to have a person next to you whom you respect and respects you. And sort of live together and be serious about the whole thing.

I wonder what it entails living together with someone for serious.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 21:29:17
And I suppose it includes some kind of "unity" not only emotionally (this is actually fairly easy) but also financially. One for all and all for one. Some kind of merging. And also I think having to accept that if there is a pet like a dog I will learn to live with that. I guess so. If everyone is taking their distances. I guess.
Actually there is no problem with the pet. I guess. He has a fairly good character and is quite discreet in my presence.
Although I think that if you walk it, you're supposed to carry a large stick so as to defend it from other dogs attacking it or something. Probably.
Oh yes. Also family relations. Like you extend your family circle. I suppose that's no problem either. No definitely no problem.
And differences of opinion I guess that comes with the whole thing. Can't expect someone to share completely your world view. But with respect that's easily a strength I suppose, not a weakness.
Walking around in your underwear however and having loud music on every now and then is non negotiable.
Yep as long as there's respect, it's good. And communication.
And what if "drinking" is making someone think straight? There's no harm in that.
A vodka in the freezer. Also non negotiable.
Oh and also one dog only and one cat. And no chewing on things. Why do people keep pets? I guess they make them happy. Ok.
And if there is pregnancy the cat has to go. Sorry. Non negotiable.
What's wrong with a little fish in a bowl?
It minds his own business. But I suppose you can't hug a fish.
Anyway it's not my dog.
He is like a friendly acquintance. Pleasant. Hm, also can bark I guess if someone is trying to enter the house. Although I think he's too sweet to do that. It would be better if I didn't suffer from cynophobia but I have heard it can be overcome. With the right person and incentive.
It's funny he's scared of me and I of him. But we have a good intermediary. An excellent one actually. So I guess, alright. I never thought I'd be taking a dog out for a walk but I did. He is of good character.
Also the cat comes and keeps robbing herself onto my leg. It's very funny. Then I caress it a bit on the head and rolls over and spreads her feet on the air. I have a suspicion she is a very dumb cat.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 21:55:54
Then it's like you accept random people as your sort of close friends, like the boyfriend of the sister of your girlfriend. It's good when there's respect and common ground I guess. It's really easy. And sort of counting on someone other than you or your immidiate family. Also not bad. Yep it's not awkward. I suppose. All for one one for all.

Also some kind of responsibility that is for once not a burden for you. Like getting serious but consciously doing so.
But there still has to be a vodka in the freezer for the time being and the forseeable future.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 22:29:47
But I guess when there's warmth and an instintctive searipple to be nice and polite... it makes good things happen. And also (gulp) trust.
I still need my fast rides. These will not be curtailed for anyone except if carrying a baby in the car. And that only untill he's old enough to grab the wheel. Oh yes. Daddy if such thing be, will make a motor racing champion of his son.
Becasue theatre and pets and caring and immigrants is good, I'm ok with all of that. But having a tough mf son who can do spins like his dad, that is my contribution.
If it's a girl I suppose a large pink ribbon around her bald head when she's a baby and then mommy takes care of things and I of future boyfriends.
and me having trust in europe and her in the middle east it's ok too, if there's respect, and of course europe is always the best. I'll win there. But I will get to eat nice middle eastern dishes. she will get to marvel at the eiffel tower.

Provost Harrison
14-09-2008, 22:45:41
Oh Jesus, someone kill me now...

paiktis
14-09-2008, 22:48:04
and a small added bonus to all that

paiktis
14-09-2008, 22:50:28
Anyway who knows. It just feels like it's time to get serious. SERIOUS. SERIOUS. SERIOUS>
It's actually ok to get serious with this person. Serious in a joyful version but still serious. LIke going all the way or at least feeling clear without lies, clear that you want to. no hidden agenda.
PH please don't let them shoot you.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 22:55:14
There is a sense of security. NOt ot surrender but of security . and some girls have instinctively a will to be caring and calm and sinsere. I like that. And She likes me and we feel good and relazed together. And we've done so many things in our lives. And have similar family histories. It just clicks effortlessly.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 22:56:14
It's like, nothing is certain but... come on... this way,,, really.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 22:58:42
and the foundations are like made of granite

Provost Harrison
14-09-2008, 22:58:57
Just do her...to paraphrase Nike ;)

paiktis
14-09-2008, 22:59:12
just happy, easily happy.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 23:00:08
to just do, was eons ago me.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 23:02:00
it's another level now. a new kind of building a relationship. a different one. with someone who's smart and anyway purs out lovingly a care and likes me a nd I like her but without tensions. No stress. Like it is a very very probably thing to do. A real thing to do.

paiktis
14-09-2008, 23:04:05
and the "Do" won't start or end anything, it's like for the long haul. a family. A F A M I L Y

paiktis
14-09-2008, 23:06:31
with theatre and pets and western rock music and fast driving and theatrical shows and immigrant's classes and dogs parading around and green and smiling faces of friends and family. It sort of clings very solidly. for the first time. trust. and a kind of non catatonic serenity.

MOBIUS
14-09-2008, 23:30:19
I heard poly is back online...

mr_B
14-09-2008, 23:33:38
:lol: best post evah

Greg W
15-09-2008, 01:56:01
Hang on, can this be paiktis? Where's the drama? :(

Good to hear that something good has happened to you, anyway. :beer:

As for changing yourself. Part of being in a relationship is adapting to each other's needs and expectations. The difficult part is finding someone that doesn't involve much compromise on anything important. Goals, expectations, needs, desires, all that stuff...

Drekkus
15-09-2008, 08:15:45
You don't have to change Paiktis. If you're really into a woman, she will do your changing for you. You just choose the easy way out and accept. :D

Funko
15-09-2008, 08:22:34
Yeah, just go with it. Enjoy.

Provost Harrison
15-09-2008, 09:10:44
Originally posted by Greg W
Hang on, can this be paiktis? Where's the drama? :(

Good to hear that something good has happened to you, anyway. :beer:

As for changing yourself. Part of being in a relationship is adapting to each other's needs and expectations. The difficult part is finding someone that doesn't involve much compromise on anything important. Goals, expectations, needs, desires, all that stuff...

That's very profound Greg. Could you kindly not do that again? :p

Greg W
15-09-2008, 10:29:06
Hey, the chances of it happening twice are slim to remote, so don't stress. ;)

King_Ghidra
15-09-2008, 14:39:23
Originally posted by paiktis

Actually there is no problem with the pet. I guess. He has a fairly good character and is quite discreet in my presence.
[...]
It's funny he's scared of me and I of him. But we have a good intermediary. An excellent one actually. So I guess, alright. I never thought I'd be taking a dog out for a walk but I did. He is of good character.

:lol: :beer:

Provost Harrison
15-09-2008, 20:26:00
I tell you what, this is turning out to be a bleeding long voyage...

paiktis
18-09-2008, 23:05:28
nevermind nevermind let's not jinxxxx it

Greg W
19-09-2008, 00:36:01
Dammit, and I was only an hour and a half to slow to read it. :(

Beta1
19-09-2008, 17:00:32
Originally posted by paiktis

However I have commenced a journey into normancy

I only got this far.

Is Paiktis going out with a bloke called norman?

MoSe
19-09-2008, 17:18:32
that's BML!

(below MoSe level)

Greg W
20-09-2008, 01:03:28
He's moving to live near the D-Day landings!