PDA

View Full Version : My visit to the plastic surgeon

RedFred
01-09-2008, 21:20:37
I know where the typical CeeGee poster's mind is at - so I will start by letting you know that my visit wasn't for breast enhancement.

I was at a volunteer gig. It was way too early in the morning. Some bozo zap strapped a couple signs very tightly to a metal tent frame - in the wrong spot. I attempted to remove the straps from the sign with a none-to-sharp carpet knife. I managed to cut the strap but also sliced open a finger on the follow through.

Blood was everywhere, but it did not hurt much. Off I went to the hospital to get some stitches. The triage lady at Emerg asked me to remove the wrapping so she could see the cut. I did so and bled profusely again. There was a wait. Then the intern wanted to see the cut. Again the wrapping came off. Again I bled profusely. More waiting. Finally the doctor came to stitch me up. Wrapping off. More blood. But I got stitched up and got proper dressing for the cut.

But not end of story. The doctor tells me I have sliced a nerve in the finger and that I need to go to the plastic surgeon. I am not too worried. It is just a finger and it does not hurt. More waiting. Finally they tell me to go home because the plastic surgery team is in the middle of a big job. That night I get a call. Surgery the next day. No eating or drinking after 10 PM that night.

I go to work in the morning and then off to the hospital. For a crummy pinky finger they want to put me under instead of using local ana... anae... er... freezing. I wake up with a freaking fingers to elbow cast. Finally, more pain though. I think the nerve must be starting to work again based on the pain. It still feels numb on the outside top two thirds of the finger. Feeling is supposed to gradually return over four to six months.

The cast finally came off this week and I can touch type again. My only difficult moment was when the nurse was removing the so-called invisible stitches. I though I would watch so that I knew how many stitches there were. Bad idea. I just about fainted from the sight of my mangled finger...

Oerdin
02-09-2008, 01:27:44
Couldn't you have at least asked them for a boob job since you were already there?

protein
02-09-2008, 02:27:47
pain is probably a good thing in this instance. your pinky is vital!

Oerdin
02-09-2008, 02:52:41
You have to be able to turn it up while drinking your tea.

Venom
02-09-2008, 02:54:39
So you got lipo instead.

Funko
02-09-2008, 08:33:34
Hopefully you'll get all the function back in it!

Never get a CGer to do anything practical, it's too dangerous.

Shining1
02-09-2008, 10:08:01
The cuts you can't feel are WAAAAY worse than the ones you can. I always cringe when someone says 'it's okay, I couldn't feel it'.

MDA
02-09-2008, 11:27:01
:lol:@Shiny Lucky thing you're off the dating scene.

It does seem like a lot of work for a pinky finger, but I guess its nice to have feeling in it.

MoSe
02-09-2008, 11:40:48
Originally posted by Funko
Never get a CGer to do anything practical.

not even jokes?

Funko
02-09-2008, 11:44:24
Have you seen any of our normal jokes?

MoSe
02-09-2008, 11:53:47

Funko
02-09-2008, 13:10:28
Exactly.

MDA
02-09-2008, 15:18:58
EXacto