PDA

View Full Version : Planet Terror

Walrus Feeder
12-08-2008, 22:24:38
This film came out months ago at the cinema but i only saw it last night on DVD. Directed by Robert Rodriguez who did Sin City it's very much a homage to zombie B movies of the past featuring tonnes of gore, off beat characters, flying bullets and many tongue in cheek moments.

A virus in a town in the middle of nowhere leads to 'normal' people turning into zombies and causing the useful mayhem and going on the ramage devouring people (Fergie from Black Eyed Peas gets her brain wrenched out!) There is quite a focus on character and scene setting before a lot of action takes place with Go Go Dancer Rose McGowan being the focal point. The cast includes some interesting faces from past and present with Bruce Willis, Josh Brolin, 'Sayeed' and Jeff Fahey from Lost, Quentin T, some Mexican bloke i recognised from From Dusk Til Dawn and Michael Biehn from Terminator.

It's great aesthetically too with mainly night scenes plus strange pauses of missing reels and grainy footage. Very enjoyable if you like your horror gory, humourous and stylish.

Debaser
13-08-2008, 13:06:36
It's a good film, but Quentin Tarantino's 'acting' stinks it right up. He is fucking awful.

Walrus Feeder
13-08-2008, 18:11:55
Ha ha. I agree. He doesnt seem to play characters in films. It always just seems like Tarantino appearing 'as himself' saying a few threatening lines just for good measure.

protein
14-08-2008, 08:25:37
good flick. especially the lead actress. phreaowrrrrr!