View Full Version : Opening narrations

King_Ghidra
30-05-2008, 11:10:09
A good idea and some good memories:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/tv/2008/05/take_10_opening_narrations.html

Nills Lagerbaak
30-05-2008, 13:13:12
I really don't think anyone will ever beat:

"The Invaders: alien beings from a dying planet. Their destination: the Earth. Their purpose: to make it *their* world. David Vincent has seen them. For him, it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a shortcut that he never found. It began with a closed deserted diner, and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey. It began with the landing of a craft from another galaxy. Now, David Vincent knows that the Invaders are here, that they have taken human form. Somehow, he must convince a disbelieving world, that the nightmare has already begun..."

Mr. Bas
30-05-2008, 14:14:55
Ik ontdekte het scheepsjournaal van kapitein Ortega in een klooster dat uitkijkt over de zee. In de ochtend van de 16e februari 1634 legde Ortega zijn schip voor anker achter een koraalrif. Dezelfde nacht nog werd hij aangevallen door piraten. Het in brand geschoten schip zonk op de zeebodem. Tien dagen later werd de kapitein half bewusteloos op het strand gevonden, het scheepsjournaal nog in de arm geklemd. Hij beschreef daarin een wereld van kleine onderwater-wezens, niet veel groter dan zijn duim. Niemand geloofde hem, maar weet je? Ik denk, dat het verhaal van kapitein Ortega best eens waar kan zijn...

Toe ga mee naar Snorkelland in de diepe zee en beleef de avonturen van de Snorkels mee.

Good memories!

Nills Lagerbaak
30-05-2008, 14:20:39
"I am Adam, prince of Eternia and defender of the secrets of Castle Grayskull. This is Cringer, my fearless friend...."

MoSe
30-05-2008, 14:29:13
"kleine onderwater-wezens"

did they have bridges?

mr_B!!!

Greg W
30-05-2008, 14:48:40
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Funko
30-05-2008, 14:50:20
That's not actually a narration. /nitpick

Greg W
30-05-2008, 15:15:44
Why not? Is it not telling a story? I was of course only quoting the first line, but was referring to the entire story. And what is narration, except telling a story?

Funko
30-05-2008, 15:33:47
I thought it had to be spoken out loud. I could well be wrong.

MoSe
30-05-2008, 15:38:53
you are a niptick

Greg W
30-05-2008, 15:42:14
From the original article:This week, then, a list of some of my top spoken or otherwise detailed narrative titles on television.

King_Ghidra
30-05-2008, 15:54:32
more importantly it's from a film not television, so we'll disqualify it for that reason instead

Greg W
30-05-2008, 16:53:02
Sorry, I didn't realise that they didn't show films on television in the UK. I'll remember that from now on. :p

Lazarus and the Gimp
30-05-2008, 18:46:11
"Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life...

But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?"

Gramercy Riffs
30-05-2008, 20:02:52
"It is the 31st century, Ulysses killed the giant Cyclops when he rescued the children and his son Telemachus. But the ancient gods of Olympus are angry and threaten a terrible revenge:

Mortals, you defy the Gods? I sentence you to travel among unknown stars. Until you find the Kingdom of Hades your bodies will stay as lifeless as stone."

Debaser
31-05-2008, 05:55:26
Best theme tune ever.

Vincent
31-05-2008, 06:35:22
"You wouldn't steal a handbag..."