PDA

View Full Version : Absolut New Orleans is pretty good.

Oerdin
30-04-2008, 21:05:29
Absolut Vodka recently came out with a new mango and black pepper flavored vodka and I have to admit that even though those are two flavors I would never have put together it actually tastes pretty good. Especially when you make a screwdriver out of it with some fresh orange juice.

Oerdin
30-04-2008, 21:15:43
BTW I kind of like family owned stores. I deposited a check this morning (meaning it would take a day or two before the bank credited my account) but I got $100 out of the ATM thinking it would be enough to last me a couple of days. I put $60 away to buy drinks for watching Protein's concert tonight and had $40 in my pocket. Without thinking I picked out $50 worth of stuff at the corner market and as I said "Oh, wait I'll have to put something back since I don't have enough cash on me" the Indian fellow who owns the place told me I'm in all the time, he knows me, and he trusts me to pay the $10 next time I'm in. Of course I will pay and apparently this practice is common in small towns in India where most people know each other. I have to say it is nice dealing with locals and with family owned businesses. That would never have happened in a chain store.

No longer Trippin
01-05-2008, 06:33:24
It isn't that new. It is about 4 to 6 months old and is horrible IMO. Absolut's flavors taste like chemicals - I'd rather get stoli for cheaper.

Congratulations. You've found the one drink most bars can make with it that taste halfway decent without needing mango, pomegrante, watermelon, or some other damned juice that isn't in 99% of most bars. Too bad it's only purpose in life without those juices is to creatively ruin what could be a good screwdriver.

It taste and smells like it could be drain cleaner. Name one "New Orleans" drink you can make with it? I know I sure as hell can't and I bartend in New Orleans of all places. It makes awful bloody marys, it isn't a rum so you can't put it in a hurricane (pepper in a hurricane?), hand grenades are nearly pure grain alcohol and triplesec so the stuff would just be weakening it. It doesn't fit in at all. It ruins most shot drinks with the pepper flavor (if that's what'd you'd call it). The shit is awful. I have ten bottles out of the twelve we were given by Absolut when they first came up with it that I can't do anything with. It even sucks in as a bitch martini. I've talked to other bartenders at other places and they all say the same thing. It is useless unless your running a martini bar pushing crap vodka. Even then, it's a stretch.

Glad you like it though. You'd be the first.

JM^3
01-05-2008, 06:34:28
stoli >> absolut

and don't mess with flavors :q:

JM

Oerdin
01-05-2008, 07:23:56
I like it mainly because it is different. That said I won't drink much of it.

The Mad Monk
01-05-2008, 16:23:10
I thought you were one of those who swore off Absolut bwecause of their mexico map.

Oerdin
01-05-2008, 17:14:22
Nope.

maroule
05-05-2008, 15:54:50
did some people actually get offended by that?

Asher
05-05-2008, 16:14:22
I remember when JM didn't drink.

Oerdin
05-05-2008, 18:53:52
Originally posted by maroule

I don't think so. A few media people tried to play that up but the whole thing was retarded.

TCO
05-05-2008, 23:02:52
Isn't well vodka adequate? Especially for mixed drinks?

TCO
05-05-2008, 23:03:55
Originally posted by maroule

Yeah. I did. Ya fucking freedom fry.

(Well...actually I didn't, but I just like making everyone squirm.)