PDA

View Full Version : I just checked my inbox. TCO gave me crab lice [deluxe edition]

Vincent
23-04-2008, 11:31:21
Includes:

* deleted words
* commentary of thread starter
* the making of "I just checked my inbox. TCO gave me crab lice"

EXTENDED VERSION

I always wanted [some] pets on my [sacred] membership

COMMENTARY

When I started this thread I was actually quite bored. My last thread had been "Herr Mose", which had been quite successful in Canada and parts of Australia. I wanted to make a nice, easy to do thread in between two major threads so I came back on this cute little idea from - I think it was - KH about membership. My view on membership was different, I wanted a more straight, scandinavian like approach. Crab lice has been a major Leitmotiv since my early posting days, so it was a sensible idea to combine the two epic stories into a lighthearted thread. When I saw the thread after the first post, I was stunned. Seeing it in the colour theme was far beyond what I had in mind when I was starting to work on it. Overall, I'm still excited and I feel happy to have the chance to do the extended version now. Enjoy it!

MAKING OF

I used a keyboard, but a german QWERTZ, because I think the y in the left corner makes it quite easy to type y-heavy words like "my".
The computer was a old Toshiba laptop, with a resolution of 1024x768 pixels. I prefer higher resolutions, but I like the soft screen. It also gave the thread an rather old fasioned feel, almost like the good old 2002 threads ("This is wank" for example)
Thanks to DSL I could post it in almost no time. It took about 33 seconds from "NEW THREAD" to "POST" production.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
23-04-2008, 11:33:59
What a story what a story!

Immortal Wombat
23-04-2008, 11:38:38
If you haven't seen this thread yet, then you should definitely see this version of it. The deleted words add a whole new level of experience to viewing the thread, really putting the rest of the sentence into a deeper perspective. The special features are also very good - the commentary is a lovely worded piece about "Vincent"'s thoughts on the thread, and the "Making of" piece is possibly even better. It's great to get a glimpse into the art of a master thread maker.

That said, the deluxe version is really aimed at die-hard fans of "Vincent"'s previous works, so if you're not, or if you already bought the normal version of this thread, you may want to give it a miss.

8/10

zmama
23-04-2008, 13:57:47
Whoots! I'm a big fan of Vincent's so really look forward to more.

Not so sure about the crab lice motif though.

Funko
23-04-2008, 14:03:43
I think his work is totally overrated. All these pretentious smug people who are always going on about the subtle humour, irony and intelligence in his work need a kick in the balls. They only say it 'cause they read some intelectual bullshit on the internet and want to sound superior and make out anyone who doesn't like it or says he's not funny is really stupid. It's like the emperor's new clothes.

It's not clever and it's not funny. It's just stupid and boring.

Funko
23-04-2008, 14:04:42
And there's not any nudity in it.

Buddy Odor
23-04-2008, 15:43:34
I totally agree. He just googles random BS and blows it up like does know what's it all about. Usually weird boring shit with no point whatsoever.

Cruddy
23-04-2008, 16:23:20
He gave you lice that live on crabs?

Or crabs infested with lice?

Immortal Wombat
23-04-2008, 17:13:58
Originally posted by Funko
I think his work is totally overrated. All these pretentious smug people who are always going on about the subtle humour, irony and intelligence in his work need a kick in the balls. They only say it 'cause they read some intelectual bullshit on the internet and want to sound superior and make out anyone who doesn't like it or says he's not funny is really stupid. It's like the emperor's new clothes.

It's not clever and it's not funny. It's just stupid and boring.

haha you must be some kind of moran. vincents work is all really deep, you should go back to the word ass thread turdface.

Vincent
23-04-2008, 17:47:11
Yeah right, my threads, it's like cool!

Resource Consumer
23-04-2008, 18:06:28
they are sort like, well, threads, man.

Cruddy
24-04-2008, 14:09:49
Huh. There are therads and there are threads.

I tried walking down the street with bits of Counterglow threads stuck to me... and I got arrested.