PDA

View Full Version : Hotels

DevilsH@lo
16-02-2008, 09:31:54
Why is the coffee utter shite?
How can a 30 minute telecon cost you 100?
Why is there nothing ever on TV?
Why is the air conditioning so fecking noisy?
Why did i agree to do this??

Oh yeah the money and the 35 degree heat that'll be it.

:D

Dyl Ulenspiegel
16-02-2008, 09:44:36
How are the badgers in Abu Dhabi?

DevilsH@lo
16-02-2008, 09:51:24
They aren't doing to well, the civil war between them and the camels is swinging seriously in the favour of our hooved friends. They aren't handling the heat well.

The place is mental, massive development all over the place, shocking roads, and a somewhat unique driving style.
All traffic signals are advisory only, and generally ignored until someone sticks a safety camera on them. It's lunacy!!!

Dyl Ulenspiegel
16-02-2008, 09:52:36
Or Italy.

Provost Harrison
16-02-2008, 12:20:02
Originally posted by DevilsH@lo
Why is the coffee utter shite?
How can a 30 minute telecon cost you 100?
Why is there nothing ever on TV?
Why is the air conditioning so fecking noisy?
Why did i agree to do this??

Oh yeah the money and the 35 degree heat that'll be it.

Yay! I've got all this fun to look forward to :lol:

MoSe
18-02-2008, 11:56:56
Originally posted by DevilsH@lo
All traffic signals are advisory only, and generally ignored until someone sticks a safety camera on them. It's lunacy!!! Originally posted by Dyl Ulenspiegel
Or Italy.

EXACTLY!

:lol:

that's how it sould be in a civilised country, btw

see that dutch village where all signals and traffic lights have been removed, and the roads are level with widewalks, making it a unique "shared space" for all road users.
In the mayor intentions, this should make car drivers more aware and careful, rather than carelessly relying on their "rights"...

Then there's Naples, which is a world apart.
There, drivers KNOW that other cars will NOT respect the signals, so they adapt accordingly.
They know that at a crossing the vehicles won't stop with the red light, so a sensible driver will stop or at least be utterly careful when he has the green.
I drove once alone there with my uncle's car, and suddenly on the seaside ONE WAY 4 lanes boulevard I found myself in terror driving against the flow: I was the ONLY ONE going the right way!!! Stupid me, just one generation away from the environment, and my dna already forgot that in that boulevard 3 out of 4 lanes are reserved for wrong way traffic....

Stupid foreigners apart, this way in Naples the traffic is tho very efficient, and much safer than in Rome for instance