PDA

View Full Version : American Gangster

OldWarrior_42
08-11-2007, 13:37:54
Previewed this movie last week and forgot to write about it.

Four stars... out of four. Top notch film. Not bloody but a great story. Sort of went along the way the movie "Blow" played years ago with Depp.

Just an excellent movie all around and worth your time.

On another note, we previewed Fred Claus last night. Utter dogshit. You take the good with the bad when you preview and don't ever pay for anything.

:)

MoSe
08-11-2007, 15:49:35
If I get it right that you often, or not too rarely, get the chance to see movies on preview, did it ever happen that you saw a version which got then edited before the official release?

Do you have to give formal feedback, or do they just base on audience general reactions, and random sample interviews?

I saw the trailer yesterday, before the Bourne Ultimatum that I went to see, abnd I definitely thought that I *wanted* to see that one too indeed

OldWarrior_42
09-11-2007, 02:31:55
did it ever happen that you saw a version which got then edited before the official release?

No.

Do you have to give formal feedback, or do they just base on audience general reactions, and random sample interviews?

Also.... no.

Here's the deal. My best friend is a manager at a movie theatre. They always get the movies 2 or 3 days in advance of their opening because they come on several reels and have to be put together before they can show them on opening night. Then they have to preview the movies to make sure they were put together right, to make sure there are no bad prints or problems with sound, duplicate reels, etc... So we (me and my buddy) watch the movies as it is part of his job and we get to see them a day or two in advance before everyone else does on opening night.

We always get to see the ones we want but sometimes if no one else is available to watch one before it opens and it is one we weren't looking forward to, we still watch it as someone has to before they sell tickets and start showing it on opening night.

Sometimes I don't get to see them if I have to work the next day, because we always preview them on wednesday or thursday because most movies open on a friday, and we don't start them usually until after midnight when the regularly scheduled movies for that day are done showing. And getting out at 2 or 3 in the morning or later and if I have to get up at 5 am for work the next day, I miss it.

But if I'm working wed and thurs that week, I can preview on thurs night cause I'm then off on fri and if I'm off on wed and thurs that week I can preview on wed night cause I don't have to get up for thurs morning. So I almost always get to see something each week.

One other perk of having your buddy be a manager there is that if I totally miss out on previewing, I can come anytime I'm off and catch the movie after it has already opened to the public and I don't pay for anything, including drinks or popcorn if I want. Good to have friends in certain jobs. :)