PDA

View Full Version : Question?

Gramercy Riffs
24-10-2007, 00:47:35
Is it ok for disabled people the visit brothels?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7057929.stm

I say 'Yes', so long as they pay more. Those ramps don't pay for themselves you know.

OldWarrior_42
24-10-2007, 02:33:35
Asta Philpot

That name, no wonder. :lol:

Greg W
24-10-2007, 02:59:22
On a slightly broader note, is prostitution today really an exploitation of women? I realise that in the wrong place, run by the wrong people, it certainly can be, but then I know of places where it isn't seen that way at all - mainly by the women themselves (a friend of mine quite a few years ago dated a stripper who worked alongside prostitutes).

I can see where some people might think of it as exploitation, but is it where the decision is consensual? Or is it more taking the moral high ground by saying that is debasing, demeaning and exploitative of women?

While I can agree that it's a profession that needs to be carefully monitored for exploitation because it would be very easy to exploit these women, in principle I don't see it as being degrading or debasing at all. And how can it be exploitation if it is a conscious choice of the woman involved?

Personally, I can't see the problem with physically disabled people having sex with prostitutes. Mentally disabled people is a different kettle of fish that would need to be looked at on a case by case basis.

OldWarrior_42
24-10-2007, 04:36:08
Checker at the door? :lol:

" Sorry , you can't get laid tonight. You're a tard."

Talk about politically incorrect.

Koshko
24-10-2007, 04:59:39
I get my hookers through craigslist. If it's good enough for me, it's good enough for the disabled.

MoSe
24-10-2007, 07:16:41
I...
no, instead of serving in the Army, I paid (..20 yrs ago...) the "one-year-of-your-life" debt to society (which has now become optional and voluntary since a few years here) by assisting wheelchaired and disabled people. Most of them had muscular distrophy, so they were tipically barely able to move their hand (not the arm) to operate their electric wheelchair joystick... They otherwise need assistance for every physical need...
And I don't report further, as it would become a case of TMI, albeit on topic...

C.G.B. Spender
24-10-2007, 07:18:48
Sissyboy. You and disabled people should be shot!

maroule
24-10-2007, 07:51:03
Prostitution should be legalised, as long as women (and men) are self employed, pay taxes, operate under standard working contracts, are adult, and are free to run their business as they see fit.

Selling sex is just like any other service business. If you can rent your hands (massage, etc) or your attention span (psychologist) to make people feel better, you're entitled to sell your vagina, anus, etc. if you see fit. They're yours to dispose of.

In turn, the matter of disabled doesn't even have to be specifically adressed. In a competitive environment, some prostitutes will naturally target this market segment, and adapt their service and equipment to adress their customer needs.

italian boyscout
24-10-2007, 09:31:22
Originally posted by MoSe
I...
no, instead of serving in the Army, I paid (..20 yrs ago...) the "one-year-of-your-life" debt to society (which has now become optional and voluntary since a few years here) by assisting wheelchaired and disabled people. Most of them had muscular distrophy, so they were tipically barely able to move their hand (not the arm) to operate their electric wheelchair joystick... They otherwise need assistance for every physical need...
And I don't report further, as it would become a case of TMI, albeit on topic... :rolleyes:

MoSe
24-10-2007, 09:53:40
While people in that condition are often the first ones to ironize on it, they wouldn't be for sure appreciating your uncalled for sarcasm about their ailments and predicaments.
Maybe you failed to notice that I avoided to indulge in unnecessary details in their respect (not yours)

so, mr_G, in this case your stupid quibbles with me are irrelevant, your're just making a callous asshole of yourself wrt really suffering people

C.G.B. Spender
24-10-2007, 09:55:36
Still they should be shot

King_Ghidra
24-10-2007, 10:05:43
They should be shot, but they should be laid first.

King_Ghidra
24-10-2007, 10:15:28
Originally posted by Greg W
On a slightly broader note, is prostitution today really an exploitation of women? I realise that in the wrong place, run by the wrong people, it certainly can be[...]

The problem here in the UK is certainly that far too many prostitutes are 'in the wrong place run by the wrong people'. You have:

a) women who have been illegally trafficked into the country and forced to work as prostitutes. e.g. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6459369.stm (and see sidebar stories if you don't mind a very depressing read.)

b) women who are working as prostitutes to feed a drug habit (i heard a figure suggesting perhaps 75%)

So this doesn't meet maroule's very sensible criteria at all. These people are very definitely victims (by their own stupidity, naivety, or bad luck perhaps, but victims all the same).

OldWarrior_42
24-10-2007, 14:13:09
B

mr_B
24-10-2007, 17:56:58
Originally posted by maroule
Prostitution should be legalised, as long as women (and men) are self employed, pay taxes, operate under standard working contracts, are adult, and are free to run their business as they see fit.

Selling sex is just like any other service business. If you can rent your hands (massage, etc) or your attention span (psychologist) to make people feel better, you're entitled to sell your vagina, anus, etc. if you see fit. They're yours to dispose of.

In turn, the matter of disabled doesn't even have to be specifically adressed. In a competitive environment, some prostitutes will naturally target this market segment, and adapt their service and equipment to adress their customer needs.

you are so Dutch

mr_B
24-10-2007, 17:58:54
Originally posted by MoSe
While people in that condition are often the first ones to ironize on it, they wouldn't be for sure appreciating your uncalled for sarcasm about their ailments and predicaments.
Maybe you failed to notice that I avoided to indulge in unnecessary details in their respect (not yours)

so, mr_G, in this case your stupid quibbles with me are irrelevant, your're just making a callous asshole of yourself wrt really suffering people

OMG in that case I am very very very sorry

funko is evil!!

Dyl Ulenspiegel
24-10-2007, 18:16:05
Fine. Can we kill dutch architects now?

Greg W
25-10-2007, 10:36:46
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
The problem here in the UK is certainly that far too many prostitutes are 'in the wrong place run by the wrong people'. You have:

a) women who have been illegally trafficked into the country and forced to work as prostitutes. e.g. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6459369.stm (and see sidebar stories if you don't mind a very depressing read.)

b) women who are working as prostitutes to feed a drug habit (i heard a figure suggesting perhaps 75%)

So this doesn't meet maroule's very sensible criteria at all. These people are very definitely victims (by their own stupidity, naivety, or bad luck perhaps, but victims all the same). You're right, that sidebar story is depressing (as is the main story). :(

I do think that's a very good argument about far better controls for the "industry" due to what seems to be a large amount of exploitation, rather than an argument about it being debasing or demeaning.

Still, I don't see any easy answers. I know that a lot of prostitution in Australia is put down to drugs. Girls as young as, well, I don't have an exact figure, but I do remember hearing 14 once, leaving an abusive home to live on the streets. Turning to drugs and prostitution. No easy answers there, especially as the majority of society tends to turn a blind eye to it.

Funko
25-10-2007, 10:38:45
I heard a story about Australian girls as young as 14 turning to bus drivers.

King_Ghidra
25-10-2007, 10:43:04
I think i have a documentary film w/ a similar theme

(All models 18 or older by California Law)

Greg W
25-10-2007, 10:43:04
Now that's desperate!

(even for an x-post)

King_Ghidra
25-10-2007, 10:43:25
:(

Greg W
25-10-2007, 10:44:32
Well, it was an X-post!

protein
25-10-2007, 10:54:21
the sex industry isn't going away so dribblers may as well get a blowjob from hookers if they can't get them from regular chicks.

King_Ghidra
25-10-2007, 10:55:28
dribblers?! :lol:

Funko
25-10-2007, 10:56:21
:lol:

jsorense
28-10-2007, 03:39:38
Bless you MoSe.

mr_B
28-10-2007, 16:06:46
:lol:

Shining1
29-10-2007, 05:04:37
My knee-jerk reaction is to say yes, but of course this requires a bit more than a knee-jerk. =/

Oerdin
29-10-2007, 06:30:08
Originally posted by maroule

For the most part I agree except for the work contract thing and I think the state should license prostitutes to insure they pass health checks. From a public health point of view to many disease could be spread which could easily be stopped with the right laws.

I say no contracts since few people here have those anyway plus prostitutes should be able to quit when ever they want and not be contractually obligated to continue.

Lazarus and the Gimp
29-10-2007, 07:55:26
Why don't they solve the problem neatly by making all disabled people prostitutes?

Greg W
30-10-2007, 23:52:03
Or making all prostitutes disabled...