PDA

View Full Version : Confession time

SuperCitizen
28-07-2007, 02:17:21
I'm in some kind of trouble. I don't know what it is. I have too much work to do and I have strict deadlines. It's not that I can't do the work... it's not that I'm bad at it, it's that I have so much shit to do because I'm supposed to be starting with the new place and my new life in little over two months.

But everything is kind of blur. I haven't had a vacation in... 3 years? It's been this same shit for too long, so now that I have lots of it, almost triple amount, it seems that I get done less. It seems, that I can't even do the normal amount, I'm actually doing less.

It's the wrong time for this kind of crap, I need to be putting out, it's crunch time. Somehow I don't. I haven't even checked for a place to live, man, I'm supposed to move to another side of the country in 8 weeks.

I'm just not getting my things done. I sleep very badly every night. I'm already facing a situation that is close to impossible to solve. I need to be re-energized, I need to be focused and I need it tomorrow and keep my act together for the whole 8 weeks and MAYBE if I do my super things, I might be able to score close. But at the pace I'm now doing, and the things I'm doing now? No chance, not even close, I'm failing right now.

I should be doing this all very well, I'm very happy about the things waiting for me. Somehow I'm still failing to be motivated. I don't know the reasons, I'm trying to figure it out.

SuperCitizen
28-07-2007, 02:18:43
This week, I cancelled all my meetings. Every single one of them. I even cancelled friends coming to my place to hang around. I just can't be bothered. I'm not depressed, but I'm totally shell shocked by the amount of work I'm supposed to do and it seems that because of this, I'm doing even less.

TCO
28-07-2007, 02:26:23
I know how you feel. but you need to find a way to stop it from messing with your mind. Maybe decide that you won't get it done and just say you will do half of it. And get started. I bet once, you get moving, you will surprise yourself.

It's like workouts. When you don't feel like going. But you tell yourself, "I will just do a very easy day and go through the motions". But once you are chagned and working out, it's normal.

JM^3
28-07-2007, 02:27:47
sounds like a bad time for burnout

happens to everyone, not really sure how to help

JM

SuperCitizen
28-07-2007, 02:34:02
Yeah I think it's not that bad... maybe some kind of warning that it's going to happen pretty soon though.

I think what I need to do... is just do something first like clean my place up. It's not messy but clean it up tomorrow. Get myself the clean desk, everything. Then, I'll eat good tomorrow, I'll go get some food from some place nice.

Then I just start slowly attacking the easiest task I have, something I can get going on. Do that on Sunday as well, slowly but surely.

Then Monday comes, and I'll go to the full attack mode and torture myself for the next 8 weeks. I have to get these things done, failing is not an option, everything depends on it. That is, I need to graduate within 8 weeks, complete my thesis, score few extra courses somewhere (read like 10 books and do exams on them), while doing my work that is in crucial time, as in time to write articles. Absolute torture.

BUT. Then I'm done. A new chapter begins in my life so I'll start it soft and easy. I'll take it super easy. I'll allow myself easy couple of weeks and do something relaxing. Then before Christmas, I'll take my vacation. 2-3 weeks in Thailand or something.

BUt I just need to get my shit together tomorrow. I need to take the first steps. IT sounds easy, it's something I would myself say "It's simple. Just do it."... and it is simple. We'll see, I'll try to force myself. But I need some time off soon, this can't go on much longer. I'm not talking about years or months, I'm talking about weeks. Can't go on for many weeks. The wall is closing in on me.

JM^3
28-07-2007, 02:41:33
I would recommend picking one tash and focusing on it

completely ignore the other ones, continue to do that until you are finished

JM

Lazarus and the Gimp
28-07-2007, 08:01:58
I recommend punching your workmates in the neck.

Oerdin
28-07-2007, 08:17:32
punching = fucking?

VetLegion-
28-07-2007, 08:52:44
I believe you. The proof that you are burned out is that your posts are short :lol:

My advice?

Good organization and performance enhancement substances taken at key moments.

Hey, not necessarily drugs. Coffee, energizer drinks... beer is out of the question, as is wine and other alcohol.

Vincent
28-07-2007, 14:06:04
And for sure too much wanking is the reason

Drekkus
30-07-2007, 12:19:07
Does wanking make you talk and talk and talk and talk about your own little problems?

Chris
30-07-2007, 12:27:02
I can't be bothered to read all that crap, summary please.

MOBIUS
30-07-2007, 12:38:10
Just imagine how much time you'd have if you didn't keep posting like Darkstar.

Fix that and everything else will fall into place...:)

Vincent
30-07-2007, 13:05:52
If you need a lot of words to describe what you're thinking of, you're either a boring twat or a genius writer.

A genius is very rare.

Vincent
30-07-2007, 13:08:18
I mean: you could copy and past from here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhoid
or just say: "Me bum hurts"

Drekkus
30-07-2007, 13:33:08
it's also a good way to see if anyone cares. If you say 'me bum hurts' and nobody asks why, you can spare yourself all the longwinded blahblah posts.

Unless you don't care about how other posters react and just want to spew your verbal diarrhea regardless of what people think.

Vincent
30-07-2007, 14:34:06
It's not that me bum stops to hurt once I post more

Drekkus
30-07-2007, 14:48:16
But sharing the pain makes it easier to bearthe pain

SuperCitizen
30-07-2007, 17:33:57
ok, fuck it. I'll save my time. See me disappearing right about.. *now*

Cruddy
30-07-2007, 17:37:34
It's easy... just turn your mind off and set to with a shovel.

You think too much. Such activity is bound to lead to disaster.

Why do you think Soap Operas are so popular, eh?

jsorense
30-07-2007, 18:15:16
SC
You could be suffering from depression. See an MD asap.

j

jsorense
30-07-2007, 18:16:49
Originally posted by jsorense
SC
You could be suffering from depression. See an MD asap.

j No, I am not kidding.

BigGameHunter
30-07-2007, 19:45:32
Red Bull gives you wings.

Vincent
30-07-2007, 19:54:04
Good, because my feet are hurting