PDA

View Full Version : Chris Langan is a tool

SuperCitizen
27-07-2007, 19:49:46
This dude claims to have an IQ between 190 and 210 or something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ak5Lr3qkW0

Here's the first part of total of three.

He misses so many points, that I think he is either a hoax, completely delusional or hyped.

He presents logical sequences more than once that are not sound and even "an average" man can challenge him on that and he'd have to take it back.

But what he does the best is re-inventing the wheel. A church of logic, ultra high IQ group of people making decisions that are crucial for the world. To combat such issues as population of the world, poverty, all the problems.

So far I have no problem with the basic idea, I might even agree. I agree that the world is run by the average of minds, ultimately leading into average decision making and definitely not the best possible.

However, what he does is basically re-inventing the academia. HIs problem with it is that it's a bureaucracy that just wants to hog resources and that's all it is. While he might be partially right, it's obvious he has some issues and bias, because he left college because he was accused of something he didn't do.

So instead he tries to convince we need a top tier organization that... does the same thing. How genius.

Furthermore he starts with over population and something that only fit people breed, eugenics of some kind. OK, basically it's logical and I wouldn't have a problem with it, however, how does he propose we do that?

NA and Europe isn't the problem. It's the more poor countries, where the reason for it is cultural as well as basically getting yourself an insurance for the old days. So how do you propose we limit the number of babies or ban some people having babies? He just says problem solved.

It's far from solved. You might even be able to pass that on in NA and Europe if you are able to push the necessity of it. However, we're not the problem. Especially Europe, the numbers are almost declining. Even if we had more babies, we could still take care of them and the population of Europe.

You might go to people were breeding happens more, you think they'll stop? Fuck no. You tell them it's logical and somehow they understand and stop doing it? It won't work. There will be some serious conflicts if you'd ever try to force it.

Conclusion: the world's smartest man suggests what the average man suggests, and he doesn't have the means to do it either. Congrats Chris, you're one of a kind.

Resource Consumer
27-07-2007, 19:50:40
Chris Langham is a bit of a tool also

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/6918998.stm

Resource Consumer
27-07-2007, 19:52:06
Originally posted by SuperCitizen
This dude claims to have an IQ between 190 and 210 or something like that.

Ah - lower quartile Apolyton boaster then?

Vincent
27-07-2007, 20:21:14
IQ is the money of nerds

JM^3
27-07-2007, 20:41:45
Originally posted by Resource Consumer
Chris Langham is a bit of a tool also

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/6918998.stm

put him away

JM

Resource Consumer
27-07-2007, 21:43:40