PDA

View Full Version : E-bay

VetLegion-
25-07-2007, 21:37:54
Me:
Hello,

Can you please check the status of the item I bought? A month has passed and I still haven't recieved it, so I am beginning to worry

The reply:
Item is on backorder from my source...hope to ship within a week...if you do not want to wait I will have to refund....I apoligize for the delay....please remember item was advertised as having a 15 business day processing period...I sent eemails out about the delay, I apoligize if you did not get it...your understanding will be appreciated, I was promised plenty of these and it did not work out....Please refain from posting negative or nuetral feedback since this is not my fault....I am losing money over this, no malice was ever intended.

Here I was, thinking you can trust people with good reviews. This guy has an almost spotless reputation. Yet he didn't send me any e-mails about a delay, just didn't bother to ship my thing. Obviously, because he doesn't have it yet, while it did write "in stock" on the ad.

What would you do? Ask for a refund? Give him a bad mark?

MOBIUS
25-07-2007, 21:59:20
Get the refund before giving him a bad mark

Cort Haus
25-07-2007, 22:24:07
The guy is selling something he doesn't have, and is asking you to be forgiving for the delay?

VetLegion-
25-07-2007, 22:36:58
Yeah! Incredible.

Everything I buy from Hong Kong gets here fast and without problems, but when I deal with Americans... ;)

I have mailed this guy about my unhappiness and disappointment. If he offers me some sort of compensation (air mail would be nice) I'm not going to leave bad feedback. Otherwise I will. I parted with $250 a month ago and got nothing yet. It's not small money to me!

MDA
26-07-2007, 10:55:44
you're not happy, give bad feedback as soon as its safe for you to do so

Saw a GPL licensed beta of a sourceforge game for sale for 10 dollars on there yesterday, reported it using their crappy "click on the item tha most closely matches the problem" system, and got an email saying I wouldn't be hearing from ebay about the status of the complaint. Ever.

the guy had 600+ good ratings and no bad

most of them were in all caps and similarly worded, which I found interesting

MOBIUS
26-07-2007, 11:03:50
eBay are scum! Unfortunately they are also the best way to sell any unwanted shit you might have around the house...

Vincent
26-07-2007, 15:20:11
Who is Ebay?

King_Ghidra
27-07-2007, 13:36:55
The director of the new transformers film

Funko
27-07-2007, 14:16:04
In Canada it's EhBay.

MOBIUS
27-07-2007, 14:42:30
Eh?