PDA

View Full Version : The Gnostic Path - some advice

Gnostic
25-07-2007, 10:00:57
In the Gospel of St. John it is written: “Very truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above.” Further, it is written, “Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of flesh is flesh, and what is born of Spirit is spirit. Do not be astonished that I said to you, ‘You must be born from above.’ The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:3, 5-8).

There is no doubt that the intelligence of the heart, which we call “faith,” is an essential key to any authentic spiritual development, yet, quite clearly, these verses speak of something more than faith – they speak of direct spiritual and mystical experience of Christ, and they point to Divine Gnosis, a state of Divine Illumination. This defines “salvation” or “redemption” as understood by Gnostic Christians – it is an enlightenment experience that liberates the soul, and the evolution of the soul to Christ Consciousness. We are set upon the Gnostic Path by faith: faith in the Divine Incarnation and the Great Mystery revealed in the events of the Gospel, and by faith in the Light-indweller (Christ in us). Yet, ultimately, it is through Divine Gnosis that we experience “salvation” – hence, through Self-realization in Christ.

When we study and contemplate the Holy Gospel we see an allegory of the development and evolution of the soul to Supernal or Messianic Consciousness. Though from the very outset of the Gospel, at the baptism of the Master in the Sacred Jordan by John the Baptist, Lord Yeshua embodies the Spirit of the Messiah – Supernal Being; nevertheless he enacts a Mystery Drama with his disciples, revealing the cycles of Initiation in the Path to Self-realization. According to the masters of the Tradition, the Divine Incarnation served a twofold purpose: Firstly, to embody the Supernal Light-presence (Christos) in the material dimension, and to manifest the Gnostic and Light Transmission (hence, the Gnostic Apostolic Succession); and secondly, to teach the Path to Self-realization in Christ, opening the Way to Supernal or Messianic Consciousness. Thus, the purpose of the Divine Incarnation was Spiritual Initiation through which Christ Consciousness might be manifest in the human life-wave on earth.

The Gnostic Path, in essence, is this Path of Initiation; the Way to Christ Consciousness.

Funko
25-07-2007, 10:02:08
Sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo to me.

Resource Consumer
25-07-2007, 10:03:32
Can I have a translation of the first post into something that is remotely like English?

Funko
25-07-2007, 10:06:22
Christianity + Something like Buddhist Enlightenment = Gnostic Path

Gnostic
25-07-2007, 10:06:27
Originally posted by Resource Consumer
Can I have a translation of the first post into something that is remotely like English?

Look dumbass, it is OK to say that you don't understand something. Don't try and be smart because your peanut of a brain can't handle it. I am trying to explain something to you that might enhance your sad facsimilie of a life so don't go around thinking you are some sort of clever guy, try and learn to read first.

Gnostic
25-07-2007, 10:06:57
Originally posted by Funko
Christianity + Something like Buddhist Enlightenment = Gnostic Path

Close enough. We need more enlightenment.

Drekkus
25-07-2007, 10:37:27
My god, I bet this guy has a really high IQ. :rolleyes: Too bad he uses those smart braincells to feel ~superior~ because he has read a book or two.

I bet he's from poly, right?

Dyl Ulenspiegel
25-07-2007, 11:01:06
That is a very strange text for a follower of Gnosticism. It should be a tad difficult to reconcile an incarnation on earth with the demiurgos. The part about stages of the development of the soul sounds rather neoplatonist to me.

So yes, sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo to me.

Drekkus
25-07-2007, 11:27:24
Did you know that mumbo jumbo is a translation of the Swahili greeting "Mambo Jambo"?

Vincent
26-07-2007, 15:30:14
Does anyone read fucking long posts anyway?

Funko
26-07-2007, 15:34:53
Summary please!

Vincent
26-07-2007, 15:36:31
Stuff, things ... never mind

Resource Consumer
26-07-2007, 17:56:13
Gnosticism always sounds a bit like dentistry to me

Vincent
26-07-2007, 20:37:06
Sounds like World of Warcraft to me