PDA

View Full Version : I'm Thinking About Visiting Israel. How Safe Is It?

VetLegion-
09-07-2007, 21:51:16
Anyone been to Israel?

Is 1 week enough to see the main sites?

What's the cheapest accommodation available?

Do they have McDonalds?

Is everyone really armed?

Drekkus
09-07-2007, 22:15:22
yes, yes, dunno, yes, yes

SuperCitizen
09-07-2007, 22:17:49
What Drekkus said.

Depends though, are you going to Jerusalem or do you plan to see 'everything' in a week? If Jerusalem, a week will do it if you don't mind just kind of visiting and not really getting into it heavily.

If you want to see different stuff and places, one week naturally is not enough. Don't rush it too much. It's a cool country to visit.

VetLegion-
09-07-2007, 22:24:43
I want to go to boost my eurocommie street cred and my authority on matters of the Israeli-Arab conflict.

A week is most I can go, and I don't even know when but probably this year (winter).

Is winter off season there? Cheaper?

Oerdin
09-07-2007, 22:27:41
I certainly wouldn't want to go to that part of the world during the summer. I spent one summer in the mideast and I will never do that again.

VetLegion-
09-07-2007, 22:28:44
But you earned your street cred and now when you speak about ME everyone listens. Not so here :(

VetLegion-
09-07-2007, 22:32:37
I wonder what are Israeli girls like. In the north girls are usually more direct. They want you they take you and they have you. In the south they make you work to get them. But then when you go far enough south they wrap them up and hide them away. But maybe they are real devils under the Burkha. Obviously this is a complex problem.

MOBIUS
09-07-2007, 22:43:44
If you want Commie street cred, visit the West Bank instead.

I also guess you've given up on any idea of visiting any other part of the Middle East for the foreseeable future...:cute:

VetLegion-
09-07-2007, 22:49:28
I've thought about the West Bank but frankly, I'm not very brave. I prefer places where bus being late is excitement.

MOBIUS
09-07-2007, 22:52:06
Well, unless things have changed drastically, if you visit Israel - you can cross a whole bunch of Arab states off your wish list for a long time...

VetLegion-
09-07-2007, 23:02:43
You mean the stamp in the passport? I heard that they won't stamp you if you ask them not to.

MOBIUS
09-07-2007, 23:08:23
Well you'd better make sure about that before risking it then hadn't you.

MOBIUS
09-07-2007, 23:09:26
I don't know why you'd want to visit those bastards anyway.

Sirotnikov
09-07-2007, 23:25:58
Originally posted by VetLegion-
I wonder what are Israeli girls like. In the north girls are usually more direct. They want you they take you and they have you. In the south they make you work to get them. But then when you go far enough south they wrap them up and hide them away. But maybe they are real devils under the Burkha. Obviously this is a complex problem.
Girls from Kibbutzim are really outgoing if you catch my drift.

Girls from Tel Aviv are ok, but they sometimes put on a show.

Girls from smaller places and / or non-secular families, usually are a bitch to deal with.

Israeli girls in general are much harder to 'do' than european or american girls since they all have guilt complexes.

btw, from what i gather, kibutz girls are teh wild. so are sefaradi girls (those who aren't from old-value families from small towns)

Sirotnikov
09-07-2007, 23:30:44
Anyone been to Israel?

Is 1 week enough to see the main sites?

What's the cheapest accommodation available?

Do they have McDonalds?

Is everyone really armed?
1 week is a bit short for sight seeing, and definitly short to get some cred about stuff Israeli.

To get serious cred on arab-israeli issues, you'd have to spend 6 months at least, and visit lots and lots of places.

israel isn't very cheap to stay in, but should be ok, if you aren't pressed and have time to seek out deals.

most youth in 18-22 age group are in the army. of those, a good bunch are armed. And they get to carry their weapons on their way home / to the army. So you'll see lots and lots of people in uniform.

A lot, however are not armed at all, having desk jobs, and seeing little or no action (unless its on their plasma screen in the command and control room).

some settlers are armed. i doubt you'd visit the territories, though.

any other questions?

Let me know if you come, so i'll buy you a beer. We can invite other Israeli polytubbies if you like.

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 05:03:18
I like Africa!

Lazarus and the Gimp
10-07-2007, 05:17:13
Africa is great, in a slightly scary way.

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 05:20:00
Ah, Africa!

maroule
10-07-2007, 07:51:46

this is not the best place in the world for a quick shag. Best stick to a Greek or Spanish Island if you want some easy action.

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 08:02:01
Israeli girls wear army boots!

Drekkus
10-07-2007, 08:12:38
Believe me, Israeli Yeminite girls are hot and wild. Very hot, and very wild :love:

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 08:15:06
Do they like Germans?

mr_B
10-07-2007, 08:19:26
only big grumpy ones, who look like giant garden gnomes

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 08:20:15
Cool. Are they jewish?

mr_B
10-07-2007, 08:21:50
Can't tell, they have to drop their pants first.

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 08:30:20
Hm. So don't invite them to a Döner, OK.

MOBIUS
10-07-2007, 08:37:31
The main hassle with visiting Israel is avoiding having your passport stamped - most Arab countries will not allow you to enter if you have visited Israel. You won't get into Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Libya or Yemen with an Israeli stamp. In Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Turkey or Jordan they don't care and in Bahrain, Qatar, the UAE and Oman, a little discretion should get you through. The best thing you can do is ask the officials to stamp your entry permit rather than your passport, or put Israel at the end of your Middle Eastern tour.

There's four countries on the 'won't let you in' list that I intend to visit at some point. But even the ones that don't care as much might be tempted to single you out, as I was asked if I'd ever been to Israel, on entering Egypt.

Also, as these border crossings get more and more computerised because of terrorism, there will come a time when it won't matter if you avoided getting your passport stamped or not...

Your call.

mr_B
10-07-2007, 08:39:40
Originally posted by C.G.B. Spender
Hm. So don't invite them to a Döner, OK. btw never ever buy calamaris from a rabbi

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 08:41:28
All those countries should be nuked, except Morocco maybe

mr_B
10-07-2007, 08:44:01
would be great to live in one great country called the great reich.
imagine !!!!!!! no wars and one strong leader.

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 08:48:17
Originally posted by mr_B
btw never ever buy calamaris from a rabbi Oh, we germans like that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 08:48:50
Originally posted by mr_B
would be great to live in one great country called the great reich.
imagine !!!!!!! no wars and one strong leader. Free bicyles!

maroule
10-07-2007, 09:03:10
Originally posted by Drekkus
Believe me, Israeli Yeminite girls are hot and wild. Very hot, and very wild :love:

statistically speaking, I would still advise Mallorca over looking for the lost 13th tribe of Israel hot chicks

MOBIUS
10-07-2007, 09:06:02
Originally posted by C.G.B. Spender
All those countries should be nuked, except Morocco maybe

Morocco and Turkey are the other two I've been to on that list, and are amazing places to visit.

What you need is a weapon that only seeks out the arseholes in charge, actually arseholes in general - and disintegrates them so they don't even leave a mess to tidy up...

The world would be a lot better place with a weapon like that.

Naturally I would be in charge of it and test it out on the US first to make sure it was working...

King_Ghidra
10-07-2007, 09:26:54
MOBIUS: disintegrating arseholes, one at a time

C.G.B. Spender
10-07-2007, 09:34:22
It would make the internet a lonely place

Fergus & The Brazen Car
10-07-2007, 10:03:29
Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Israeli girls in general are much harder to 'do' since they all have guilt complexes.

Convent educated Jewish girls.

VetLegion-
10-07-2007, 23:52:00
Originally posted by Sirotnikov
[B]Girls from Kibbutzim are really outgoing if you catch my drift.

Communism is glorious :lol:

Thanks for the answers. I'll call you up on the drinks offer if/when I come.

This fall I'm probably going to Russia and I'll have one week left of vacation after that, for winter, and since I don't really ski I was thinking Israel or Egypt. Israel would probably be more interesting to me but Egypt is cheaper.

One week is definitely too short to see everything, but I've measured Israel on the map and it's tiny, only a few centimeters across, so I think I should be able to see at least Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, it is too early to plan any details.

Lurker the Second
11-07-2007, 01:34:24
Hey Mobius, troll or ass? Your call.

MOBIUS
11-07-2007, 08:27:58
Ass of course! Hot and wild Israeli Yeminite girl ass is looking pretty good right now - as long as I'm not playing sloppy seconds to Drekkus!:D

Drekkus
11-07-2007, 10:09:32
Hehehehe :cool: