PDA

View Full Version : What do spink, YYYH, and Asher have in common?

Pages : [1] 2

Asher
05-07-2007, 22:00:49
They've all been permabanned. :gasmaske:

What did I do? I criticized the administration's mistakes in public, rather than via PM.

Here's today's discussion with Ming for your enjoyment.

Me:
I'm very capable of being civil. I won't be civil if you refuse to punish or thwart other people who are attacking me, which is what's happened as of late.

If you truly wanted me to be civil, you'd ensure that people who break the rules by insulting me are discouraged from doing that (and not encouraged). Not only have your actions told LOTM et al. that insulting me will not be a punishable action, but you've demonstrated that when I retaliate -- even in ways acceptable as per the site rules -- I will be indefinitely banned. Further, you've demonstrated an eagerness to clean up the situation after and toss in a few other slanderous comments about me when I can't reply (eg, calling me a liar).

It takes two to tango, Ming. I'm willing to be civil so long as certain other posters (and you know who) are being held to the same rules I am. It's not right to let them get away with murder, then throw me in Gitmo for questioning your consistency.

Ming:
You are the one that starts it... you are the ass.
It's been amazing how civil the boards have been during your restriction.

You are to worry about yourself... NOT OTHERS... because you are the primary trouble maker.

You attack the admin, staff, and other posters... and we should let you back why????????

Me:
I'm still amused that you feel yourself above reproach when you continually make gems like I always start it. I was called a jerk four times before even posting in a thread. Still trying to wrap my mind around how I started that. And how he got off without so much as a warning for it, while I got banned for my comment well within the rules of the site.

Avoid that issue as you please, but I was civil then, I was civil when making THAT inconsistency public, and I'm being civil now. Please differentiate between being civil and me bringing attention to the administrative deficiencies of this site.

What you're asking me to do is stop bringing attention to your mistakes. I can do that provided you actually give serious consideration to issues I bring up via PM. You tell me to bring it up via PM, where you promptly ignore it or mischaracterize it (while simultaneously calling me a liar in public, that's a nice touch).

I'll tell you what -- I'll promise to be civil and keep my issues with administration to PM, if you apologize for calling me a liar (a public apology would be nice, but I honestly don't think you have that in you, so via PM is fine) and if you promise to take issues I raise via PM seriously (eg, not respond with "blah blah blah, it's all your fault" without reading what is said).

Ming's reply:

We are consistent. we treat multiple repeat asses like you a lot different then we treat real people. You have earned your treatment.

I will apologize for nothing... because you have NEVER apologized for ANY of the comments you have made... which have been endless.

Again... you abuse the admin, staff, and posters... but you want me to apologize. Get a life.

We don't have to put up with your brow beating and breating tactics. If you want to post, you will promise to be civil... and if you go back to your typical ways, you will get restricted again. That's a simple fact. Deal with it.

We will listen to legitmite complaints VIA PM... maybe someday, you will actually make one... instead of blaming somebody else when you are clearly being the ass.

My response:
Ming,

The fundamental problem with your entire post is this: I got banned for saying something within the rules, in response to someone who said four things, consecutively in a thread I had not posted in, who broke the rules. This was patently clear by the comment made by DanQ and in his PMs to me: I was banned for my comment in that thread.

This was made public. People were incredulous, because they know it was nonsense. Instead of taking a bit of blame for perhaps a mis-step, you publicly called me a liar about why I was banned. You slandered me in public with something you knew not to be true (and, so did most other people who've seen the thread I was banned in). When people, people who don't usually like me even, started questioning what was going on, you responded by deleting the posts to clean up your mess.

Ignoring that doesn't make it go away. It's something you would apologize for if you were in any way professional or a man of integrity. You can call me an ass if you want, I frequently am an ass, but the comments I make are never fabricated lies intended to slander other posters. It makes matters worse that you only choose to slander me when you ban me after.

Are you a man of integrity? If you are, you can apologize. Even if I am an ass, a real man can apologize for his mistakes -- slandering me to cover up your mistakes is incredibly poor taste.

As for me never apologizing? If I made something up to slander you, I'd apologize for it. I am not going to apologize for dragging your mistakes into the public light because you refuse to address them seriously via PM. For instance, I've not once insulted you in this exchange right now, but you've insulted me numerous times already.

I am being civil. I am being forthright and honest. You, in return, are repeatedly calling me an "ass". You are telling me to "get a life". You are refusing to apologize for behaviour that you have subtly admitted was incorrect (by comparing it to what you see as past transgressions that Iv'e not apologized for).

You are being completely unprofessional, and unreasonable. You are asking me to promise to be civil when all you do is treat me with contempt, you place me on a lower level as a human being (as opposed to a "real poster"), and you insult me.

You are an administrator. You are a person in power in this community, someone who should be leading by example. Please consider that.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
05-07-2007, 22:06:36
Great. When will the movie version be at cinemas?

Asher
05-07-2007, 22:10:27
After the autobiography is published.

MOBIUS
05-07-2007, 22:53:03
Did he ban you after that last post of yours?

I suppose he's deleted the evidence again...:D

Chris
06-07-2007, 00:24:20
Spink always reminded me of Harry Potter.

Asher
06-07-2007, 00:32:59
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Did he ban you after that last post of yours?

I suppose he's deleted the evidence again...:D
I haven't made any posts at all since last week. He just refused to undo my ban.

He essentially wanted me to grovel to him (he needs to have power in some aspect of his life, I guess). I refused to do so. I remained civil, he got more and more aggressive and insulting to me (as outlined above, and it continued even further even soas to call me a "cancer" to the site).

I refused to grovel, of course. Since he had admittedly publicly slandered me after he banned me over a week ago, I had asked him to apologize for that (even privately), which he refused to do...and then proceeded insulting me again.

Apparently threads have been popping up on Poly questioning WTF is going on, and Ming is systematically deleting them and banning the "dissidents" (which aren't classified as "real people", according to his PM, because apparently I have a "troupe" of followers that lack critical thinking skills and blindly follow me...)

Asher
06-07-2007, 00:35:53
Admittedly the thing that irks me most about this is Ming calling me a liar, AFTER he banned me, when it was not true.

He was covering DanQ's ass for banning me out of spite (not for breaking any rules). He said I was a "liar" for saying I was banned posting in the Community thread that DanQ cited as the reason for my banning. But it's publicly very true, as everyone can still see to this day.

People then asked him why I was banned, if I was a liar (Lozriel and Wiglaf and Drake all independently asked this in the thread, that I saw -- possibly more). He refused to cite why I was banned (because it _was_ for what was said in the community thread), and deleted all the posts asking why...

The fact that Ming is a supreme ass in his PMs is just icing on the cake. He keeps calling me a liar, all the while he's the real liar -- and all the while he has me banned so I can't counter this truth on Poly. Further still, he keeps me banned because I'm a shit-stirrer, meaning I expose their mistakes -- and they're too pussy to admit to them, so they keep digging deeper holes...

DaShi
06-07-2007, 01:23:39
Will Ming just respond with :lol: here?

Also, Asher you are an ass. But so are many of the other posters there. Just look at the way Drake and Kuci treat Oerdin. I'm surprised how much he tolerates from them. Well, not really, since they share politics. However, I agree that it is unfair that Ming singles you out. Unfortunately, it's a private forum and they're free to do that.

Good luck with it.

Asher
06-07-2007, 01:39:03
Of course I'm an ass. I'm far from the only one, and Ming himself is an ass.

Ming's upset because I've got his number. That's why he's so obsessed with taking it via PM -- our PM conversations are entirely one-sided. He just ignores them, or pretends to respond.

KrazyHorse
06-07-2007, 03:11:00
I'm taking a voluntary vacation from Poly for a while.

The bad news is that it means I'll be around here more.

Tuberski
06-07-2007, 03:33:39
Originally posted by KrazyHorse
I'm taking a voluntary vacation from Poly for a while.

The bad news is that it means I'll be around here more.

Since your thread is now deleted, I assume you are banned now?

PLATO
06-07-2007, 03:34:11
Thanks KrazyHorse for referencing CG inyour Poly post.

Wow.

PLATO
06-07-2007, 03:56:18
Drake looks to be next....

KrazyHorse
06-07-2007, 03:58:57
Originally posted by Tuberski
Since your thread is now deleted, I assume you are banned now?

I don't know. I checked again and it was gone. I'm not going to try posting.

KrazyHorse
06-07-2007, 04:00:15
Though it would be very Poly-like for them to ban me after I said I was going to be leaving anyway.

:lol:

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:02:32
Drake is awesome. He's apparently spamming various threads with the news.

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:05:05
Ming also tells me, by the way, he got "many" PMs of support for the "handling of the Asher situation." :gasmaske:

Koyaanisqatsi
06-07-2007, 04:08:03
I can believe it. You haven't exactly been winning the Lady Bing throughout your history, you know. People will still hold it against you, regardless of how stupid the current situation is.

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:11:20
It's Lady Byng, you fucking moron. :gasmaske:

PLATO
06-07-2007, 04:11:50
Originally posted by Asher
Ming also tells me, by the way, he got "many" PMs of support for the "handling of the Asher situation." :gasmaske:

I think this is bullcrap. I think Ming just uses this line to bolster his case when he has nothing to stand on.

Koyaanisqatsi
06-07-2007, 04:15:05
It's Lady Byng, you fucking moron. :gasmaske:
100-0.

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:15:19
He's used it before on me.

The best thing? He calls the people who herald my banning as "real people", as opposed to my "troupe" of brainwashed followers...

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:16:17
Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
100-0.
:(

I couldn't resist.

KrazyHorse
06-07-2007, 04:17:11

The best thing? He calls the people who herald my banning as "real people", as opposed to my "troupe" of brainwashed followers...

yes.....master.....

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:19:28
I was also unaware I was charismatic. This is honestly the first time I've ever been called that.

Brash...harsh...blunt...meanspirited...yes...chari smatic? No.

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:23:09
I held a long discussion with DanQ tonight via PM.

I was quite surprised when he said "Asher is not permabanned", so I PMed him asking him to clarify.

1. PMs are not for public consumption, hence the continuation of your ban.
2. Refer to points #2 and #3 in my official post on this subject.

This is the end of our discussion.

Quite a discussion, indeed. Of course, he ignores a couple minor quibbles:

1. The PMs were disclosed well after the ban was "extended" to its "indefinite" period. In fact, this is why they are disclosed to illustrate the ridiculousness of the situation.
2. There were no rules broken, which is the contention in the first place, which refutes points 2 and 3.

And his last line terminates the "discussion" completely so it can never occur.

Between Ming's "blah blah blah you are a cancer!" PMs and DanQ's oblivious "What I say goes, END OF DISCUSSION" PMs, it's a fun time for all.

They keep digging themselves deeper.

KrazyHorse
06-07-2007, 04:25:46
Curiousity got the better of me. I checked.

Yup, I'm banned.

That could only have been Dan. Ming would have seen the blatant absurdity of banning somebody for a leaving forever thread.

:lol: :lol:

PLATO
06-07-2007, 04:32:02
Incredible that you are banned and Drake is still posting. I wonder what is up with that?

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:33:18
DanQ is in a bit of a panic mode. He's not the type to lose it in public, I reckon he's walked away from his keyboard before he does anything rash (which is what he did when he first banned me 2 weeks ago).

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:38:40
I really do have to go to bed, as I need to be downtown early tomorrow morning. But I'm worried that the thread will vanish shortly again...

Tuberski
06-07-2007, 04:50:03

I disagree with you quite often, you are abrasive and annoying, but you at least make the place livelier.

I may change my Location there to "Brainwashed Troupee(?)"

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:50:45
I wouldn't be upset if people adopted my black penis avatar in my absence. ;)

Asher
06-07-2007, 04:53:11
And poor Imran. He used to be at least somewhat controversial. Now he's nothing but a mouthpiece for the administration...all because they let him host PolyCast. How fucked is that.

PLATO
06-07-2007, 04:55:09
I was hoping to see better from Imran as well. Oh well....

Asher
06-07-2007, 05:10:04
Re: Imran's comment:
Repeat offenders are usually on a shorter leash (for example a "3 strikes and you're out" law). I'm just surprised Asher hasn't been permabanned yet.

It's really not hard to be a repeat offender when you're banned for protesting when somebody kicks you.

Asher
06-07-2007, 05:17:09
And Imran just called Drake an "asshat". More administrators insulting users. I get banned for far, far less on a regular basis...

Asher
06-07-2007, 05:21:06
Looks like Laz deleted the history thread.

http://ashergate07.googlepages.com/showthread.php.htm-history.htm

Asher
06-07-2007, 05:38:44
Bed time. I've archived pages as of now since they're bound to get deleted. If others can save new copies, that'd be awesome.

http://ashergate07.googlepages.com/home

Drake Tungsten
06-07-2007, 05:57:41
I can't believe I still haven't been banned yet. What do you have to do, besides be Asher?

Oerdin
06-07-2007, 05:59:08
I've had similiar problems where Drake and Kuci continue their endless personal attacks against me but I'm told I'll be banned if I reply. Why the hell haven't they been banned for breaking the rule against personal attacks over and over again?

Oerdin
06-07-2007, 06:01:39
Oh, and this should be in the banned at Apolyton thread.

Oerdin
06-07-2007, 06:12:52
Drake is awesome. He's apparently spamming various threads with the news.

He's a double edged sword. Sometimes he does cool things, like advertise this thread, but then he does things like literally follow every post I make with a personal attack. Ming tells use to cut it out, I ignore him and don't continue, but he goes right along as usual but nothing happens to him. If I ever respond then Ming sends me a PM telling me he's told me to stop.

Poly just isn't fun these days. I find myself posting more on other forums which have a higher content to ass ratio.

Drake Tungsten
06-07-2007, 06:15:06
Boo hoo...

Oerdin
06-07-2007, 06:18:43
I gave you good points too so no crying.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 06:57:34
I know the answer to initial question. They are all wankers!

Where's my price?

Wiglaf
06-07-2007, 07:17:33
Asher, were you ever explicitly permabanned? or did they just do the whole "suck my dick and then we'll see" thing?

We need an asher subforum to deal with all this shit. Oh, and fuck LOTM.

Wiglaf
06-07-2007, 07:49:41
Nevermind, I see what's going on now. Fuck Ming. FUCK HIM i Cannot believe this. I think that the Japanese would agree that the reason for his behavior is that he is not getting laid. Before you write me off, realize that the japanese (or is it the CHINESE) believe that sexual energy is necessary for performance in various wrestling tasks, and they DO NOT blow their loads prior to atheletic competitions so that they maintain their top pyschical form. Because if you have not had sex in a while you tend to GET INTO THINGS [not just pussy I mean, you tend to GET HYPER AND CANT SIT DOWN]. So clearly they have NOT BEEN BONED OF LATE and need to find other ways to bone things, it is just so happens that you are what they have chosen to bone.

MattHiggs
06-07-2007, 08:22:24
We need some Japanese people to confirm this? Anyone?

Funko
06-07-2007, 08:49:57
We are consistent. we treat multiple repeat asses like you a lot different then we treat real people. You have earned your treatment.

Once Ming said this, he need say no more.

Funko
06-07-2007, 08:52:04
I've started an unban asher thread.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167856

It says

Every time you ban him he comes to Counterglow and whinges like a baby. Please unban him so he can come and whine here instead. It's very annoying.

Thanks.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 09:23:39
I second that

Dyl Ulenspiegel
06-07-2007, 09:33:14
That's no longterm solution. For that, they should ban Ming.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 09:44:53
And shoot Asher!

Drekkus
06-07-2007, 10:38:55
poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly polypoly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly

Drekkus
06-07-2007, 10:48:29
poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly polypoly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly polypoly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly polypoly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly poly

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 11:05:23
stimmt

Asher
06-07-2007, 11:14:19
I'm surprised that Vincent throws such a violent reaction every time somebody mentions Poly here. What's his problem? It's not like it prevents him from discussing his usual topics.

Bizarre.

Drekkus
06-07-2007, 11:15:16
poly is a usual topic

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 11:15:49
Think about it ... ah, better not. Go on ...

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 11:16:17
Poly is just not sexy enough

MOBIUS
06-07-2007, 11:17:05
I'm surprised that Vincent throws such a violent reaction every time somebody mentions Poly here. What's his problem? It's not like it prevents him from discussing his usual topics.

Bizarre.

They love you really...:love:

Dyl Ulenspiegel
06-07-2007, 11:46:15
Originally posted by Drekkus
polypoly

:hmm:

You typed every single "poly" there, didn't you....

Funko
06-07-2007, 11:48:32
My thread got deleted. I hate that.

MOBIUS
06-07-2007, 11:49:51
I think Ming just woke up...:cute:

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 11:57:36
Hey! No we can complain about it here!

Fistandantilus
06-07-2007, 12:39:01
Funko's thread has been deleted??? :(

Dyl Ulenspiegel
06-07-2007, 12:44:29
:cry:

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 13:41:35
Those fascists! It was a beautiful thread! Strong, and yet so delicate!

Greg W
06-07-2007, 13:45:02
I've posted a thread to undelete the thread (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167869)!

God, I can't believe I actually read this thread. I feel so dirty.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 13:46:30
You're a good man. It shows you have a heart!

MOBIUS
06-07-2007, 13:51:05
CG Invasion! I wish I could be there other than in spirit...:(

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 13:51:32
I won't miss you over there

Chris
06-07-2007, 13:54:08
Originally posted by Funko
My thread got deleted. I hate that. If only we could say that about your threads here.

MOBIUS
06-07-2007, 13:54:39
I'll wait for you here for when you get back...:)

Oerdin
06-07-2007, 13:56:52
This thread is much better after a certain AE gets put on the ignore list. Seriously, if you don't like the threads topic then don't post in it. Is that so hard?

Funko
06-07-2007, 13:57:43
If you mean the POLY POLY etc. That's Drekkus not an AE?

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 13:58:05
Is it just me or do you get even more tired over there. Damned! Hard to stay awake and my eyes are hurting.

It's some psycho thingy I guess, my polyphobia

Funko
06-07-2007, 13:58:10
Originally posted by Chris
If only we could say that about your threads here.

I know you'd hate it if my threads got deleted here.

Chris
06-07-2007, 13:58:41
Ok, I'll just delete the 'MOBIUS' AE in that case.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 13:58:57
Originally posted by Oerdin
Tif you don't like the threads topic then don't post in it. Is that so hard? That way I'd never post in any thread!

Chris
06-07-2007, 13:59:13
Originally posted by Funko
I know you'd hate it if my threads got deleted here. I always say delete the poster not the posts.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 13:59:47
Crush his balls first!

Chris
06-07-2007, 14:01:49
That goes without saying.

Drekkus
06-07-2007, 14:02:39
Originally posted by Dyl Ulenspiegel
:hmm:

You typed every single "poly" there, didn't you.... yeah, sheesh, took me almost an hour.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 14:02:42
But not without crying

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 14:03:33
Nice X-post btw

Chris
06-07-2007, 14:04:02
There is no crying on counterglow.

Drekkus
06-07-2007, 14:04:42
true

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 14:05:26
lie

MOBIUS
06-07-2007, 14:06:09
Chris was mean to me!:cry:

Tizzy
06-07-2007, 14:06:17
:cry:

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 14:08:36
There there, don't cry, ah ... umm .. because ... life goes on ... shit

Greg W
06-07-2007, 14:12:04
Chris was mean to me!:cry: Why? He didn't delete you.

JM^3
06-07-2007, 14:14:48
Probably just forgot

JM

David Furnish
06-07-2007, 14:15:39
Um, hello guys...

MOBIUS phoned me to say that he's been deleted by that evil chris...:mad:

What a mean bastard he is - he makes me want to cry!:cry:

Chris
06-07-2007, 14:16:03
Too lazy.

David Furnish
06-07-2007, 14:16:58
Liar!

Greg W
06-07-2007, 14:32:14
And now my thread has been deleted too. :cry:

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 14:33:50
my valuable posts!

JM^3
06-07-2007, 14:34:05
It should have been treasured... it isn't like you post there often.

JM

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 14:36:00
The matter is settled then!

Greg W
06-07-2007, 14:36:15
Exactly. And now I have posted the:
request to undelete the request to undelete the unban asher thread thread thread (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167871)

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 14:37:42
That's far too complex for me

Greg W
06-07-2007, 14:39:27
If I have to post the undelete that thread thread, then that'll be too hard to remember...

Chris
06-07-2007, 14:45:53
You guys are lame, where is the Ming is a Bastard poly thread we all used to know and love?

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 14:50:18
dunno. Deleted?

MOBIUS
06-07-2007, 14:52:40
I'll post one!

Wait, I'm banned...:cry:

MOBIUS
06-07-2007, 15:07:51
Originally posted by Greg W
Exactly. And now I have posted the:
request to undelete the request to undelete the unban asher thread thread thread (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167871)

Uh oh! Your thread's been deleted again!:gasmaske:

Tizzy
06-07-2007, 15:09:43
Soon someone will need to post an unban Greg thread

MOBIUS
06-07-2007, 15:15:51
They can start by posting an Unban MOBIUS thread...:)

Funko
06-07-2007, 15:17:14
Nah, that twat deserved it... *checks date*... er, I mean, great idea I'll get right on that.

Cruddy
06-07-2007, 15:20:28
Q. What do spink, YYYH, and Asher have in common?

A. They are all whiney bastards who deserve to be permabanned.

MOBIUS
06-07-2007, 15:31:16
Yeah!:gasmaske:

Asher
06-07-2007, 15:51:10
Back in my day, we didn't permaban assholes...we just exiled them to Australia.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 15:52:15
Things have changed since then. Now it's banning ...

SuperCitizen
06-07-2007, 16:18:08
Yeehaa. I did the KrazyHorse as well. Nothing against anyone personally, I understand that you have to enforce the rules, but I do think there is lots of favouring, so the same rules aren't always applying. I don't like when posters are picked on, even if I don't like the particular poster.

So I guess since this is, to my understanding, a more liberal forum, I'll bring my masturbation diaries here. It's not like I keep a real diary about it, but let's say I've been bored in the last few months quite a bit so I've tried some things out. Pretty innovative stuff I think.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 16:19:39
Masturbation is overrated

SuperCitizen
06-07-2007, 16:20:09
It just means you suck at it.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 16:20:41
and it's for wankers

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 16:22:14
Depends. If you mean rubbing your dick, that's a thing I can't handle well. But if it means spraying annoying crap allover this forum, them I'm a master

Funko
06-07-2007, 16:23:18
Originally posted by SuperCitizen
It just means you suck at it.

You suck at it? I am not flexible enough. :(

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 16:24:14
Hear hear!

SuperCitizen
06-07-2007, 16:31:24
Funko, it just means you have a small penis.

PLATO
06-07-2007, 16:36:04
Next up on the ban parade...Wiglaf!

SuperCitizen
06-07-2007, 16:38:01
All in all, I think it was a good forum, but there was just too much of this same stuff going on, like same people attacking same people and so forth. Just gets boring after a while. And good posters leaving, that's why you're there as well, it's not like you love their PHP so much that you can't stay out of it.

And I really never liked the way it was so cool to bash old posters who are long gone like Ted Striker etc. That was totally uncalled for and no one really said anything about it except the few of us. So to me it seems like some people are allowed to bully others and some aren't, and that's cool, I bully people sometimes as well, but the point is I never got really banned for it either. I said things that would have gotten some posters long vacations. I said them repeatdly even, stuff like "I hope your kids die a painful death while you watch" and crap like that. Was it said in true honesty? No, I'd never really hope that, but I was provoking a person. But even I'd agree, that you shouldn't say that to another poster and just surf freely after that if there are rules about this stuff.

And nothing against the moderators etc. But to me the draft has been poor in the last year or so, and the ranks are leaving anyway.

Guynemer
06-07-2007, 16:45:53
I wouldn't be upset if people adopted my black penis avatar in my absence. ;)

Have you a smaller version? I never ponied up for PolyPlus.

Asher
06-07-2007, 16:48:10
Not at work, I can resize a version tonight when I get home.

Lazarus and the Gimp
06-07-2007, 16:59:15
Originally posted by SuperCitizen
I bully people sometimes as well, but the point is I never got really banned for it either. I said things that would have gotten some posters long vacations. I said them repeatdly even, stuff like "I hope your kids die a painful death while you watch" and crap like that. Was it said in true honesty? No, I'd never really hope that, but I was provoking a person. But even I'd agree, that you shouldn't say that to another poster and just surf freely after that if there are rules about this stuff.

When stuff like that is somewhere in the middle of your average 20,000 word post about your latest sneeze, you can understand why nobody acted on it.

PLATO
06-07-2007, 17:04:30
Yeah....In all fairness Pekka...Your post do tend to ramble a bit. :)

Drake Tungsten
06-07-2007, 17:05:43
Have you a smaller version? I never ponied up for PolyPlus.

Guy :b:

Thanks for your support over on that other site.

Lazarus and the Gimp
06-07-2007, 17:06:53
A bit? The boy needs an editor like fish need water.

Guynemer
06-07-2007, 17:09:22
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
Guy :b:

Thanks for your support over on that other site.

It's no secret we've had our disagreements, but on the whole, you're definitely a boon for the site.

Asher... that's up for debate. But it's all one big controversy now, innit?

qcubed
06-07-2007, 17:20:16
So. Uh. It seems like we're mad at 'poly, right?

Fistandantilus
06-07-2007, 17:43:54
What are you all doing here? Did Winston drive you away like he did with Laz?

Drake Tungsten
06-07-2007, 17:49:20
I wish Winston would drive me away. It seems like a necessary step on the road to modhood.

KrazyHorse
06-07-2007, 17:52:33
Why the fuck would you want to be a mod?

PLATO
06-07-2007, 17:53:35
Then he could delete his own threads. :D

Drake Tungsten
06-07-2007, 17:55:48
Why the fuck would you want to be a mod?

So I can FREE ASHER!!!

Drake Tungsten
06-07-2007, 17:56:25
Kudos on "Fuck the Mods", btw. I wish I had seen it before it got deleted.

KrazyHorse
06-07-2007, 17:58:11
:beer:

Asher
06-07-2007, 18:33:34
Originally posted by qcubed
So. Uh. It seems like we're mad at 'poly, right?

I stopped being mad a long time ago. It's now a gong show -- an entertaining one at that.

Ming is too proud to admit mistakes, DanQ is too dense to see mistakes. This is an exercise in synchronized diving to the bottom of a deep waterless hole.

qcubed
06-07-2007, 18:39:51
Originally posted by Fistandantilus
What are you all doing here? Did Winston drive you away like he did with Laz?
Er, no, not really. I caved to peer pressure, more like.

All you cool kids who smoked behind the school decided to come here, or something.

SuperCitizen
06-07-2007, 18:42:08
Winston drove Laz away? I completely missed that one. Story, please.

qcubed
06-07-2007, 18:56:57
It's Winston.

Lazarus and the Gimp
06-07-2007, 19:07:58
It was a slightly bizarre incident from the end of last year when Winston proudly announced that he had driven me away from Poly, somehow overlooking the fact that I was still posting regularly there. It was quite funny.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
06-07-2007, 19:44:08
Well, didn't he always have a somewhat loose grip on reality?

Chris
06-07-2007, 20:18:11
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
It was a slightly bizarre incident from the end of last year when Winston proudly announced that he had driven me away from Poly, somehow overlooking the fact that I was still posting regularly there. It was quite funny. You need to reprint the legman diaries.

BTW, I need your latest historical filth for the other site.

Lazarus and the Gimp
06-07-2007, 20:25:36
Just posted it there.

Chris
06-07-2007, 20:26:37
Sweet, i'll update the index.

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 21:26:38
I kinda like Poly. We're talking about www.apolyton.de , right?

Lazarus and the Gimp
06-07-2007, 21:28:41
Before I click that link, can anyone tell me if it links to dogporn?

C.G.B. Spender
06-07-2007, 21:30:51
Dunno. Maybe Funko?

Shining1
06-07-2007, 21:48:16
This thread is so last century. =/

Vincent
06-07-2007, 21:53:30
Aren't we all?

Greg W
07-07-2007, 01:23:55
Originally posted by Tizzy
Soon someone will need to post an unban Greg thread Almost. I got a warning, but no banning yet. Not like I post there often - I looked up my original userid - created in 1999 it had a grand total of 8 posts. :gasmaske:

Oerdin
07-07-2007, 02:32:28
It was a slightly bizarre incident from the end of last year when Winston proudly announced that he had driven me away from Poly, somehow overlooking the fact that I was still posting regularly there. It was quite funny.

Yeah, whenever Winston aims his drivel at me I just remember this and laugh.

MOBIUS
07-07-2007, 17:32:35
Originally posted by Greg W
Almost. I got a warning, but no banning yet. Not like I post there often - I looked up my original userid - created in 1999 it had a grand total of 8 posts. :gasmaske:

Whaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?

That was blatant spamming AND you posted at least three new threads!!!

That is sooooo inconsistent! You should have been banned - I was!:mad:

Moan, whinge, bellyache, Ming is a bastard etc...:D

Asher
07-07-2007, 17:34:39
I see Ming continues to insult me on Apolyton...breaking his own rules, not to mention the simple fact that he bans people then proceeds to slander and insult them...

Classy guy.

MOBIUS
07-07-2007, 17:37:08
What do you expect!?

Ming IS a bastard...

It's not like we haven't known this for a long time now...

Dyl Ulenspiegel
07-07-2007, 17:39:53
And Ming wants asher's ass.

MOBIUS
07-07-2007, 18:17:44
That's it!

Ming is secretly in love with Asher but knows he can't admit wanting to bum him, so he acts like he hates him by banning him for stupid reasons all the time and generally bad-mouthing him on Poly...:D

Another mystery solved on CG - FACT!

Dyl Ulenspiegel
07-07-2007, 18:36:50
I gather from this thread that all problems are caused by someone's desire for Asher's ass.

http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38376

SuperCitizen
07-07-2007, 18:46:10
My ass will be nasty soon, or at least the damage it will do soon... just ate bunch of chicken wings with texas pete, but it was "suicide hot". I agree, my ass is dying.

SuperCitizen
07-07-2007, 18:56:17
oh lord, my ass is about to explode. Damn it, this is going to be ugly. I figure my ass tubes will burn. What are they called anyway? Rectum? Well, it will have serious problems soon.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
07-07-2007, 19:06:12
anus horribilis

fp
07-07-2007, 20:44:45
Shit, I didn't realise people actually posted at 'poly anymore.

SuperCitizen
07-07-2007, 20:56:28
I'm doing texas pete farts. Man, it's bad in here. I'm stinking of death.

Lazarus and the Gimp
07-07-2007, 21:03:50
Going back to the question in the thread title-

Seeing as Asher's not actually permabanned, I've decided the answer must be that they all collect squirrels.

Sirotnikov
07-07-2007, 23:07:16
Re original thread title: they all came back to post on poly?

Asher
07-07-2007, 23:08:31
Going back to the question in the thread title-

Seeing as Asher's not actually permabanned, I've decided the answer must be that they all collect squirrels.

They're playing semantics.

I'm effectively permabanned. I told Ming (even before the transcribed PMs took place) that I'd abide by the rules. I said it's up to him to make sure people who do frequently, consistently, and intentionally break the rules to antagonize me get equal treatment, which he has refused to do.

He then went on a tirade about how I was a cancer to the site, how my personality is fundamentally flawed, how I'm in no way and can be in no way a positive influence on the site, etc.

Read between the lines.

I was supposed to be unbanned days before I even PMed him. When I did ask to be PMed, he started politiking with semantics. They keep saying all I have to do is agree to abide by the rules, which is something I've already agreed to repeatedly -- they didn't unban me.

Ming and DanQ have zero intention or capability of ever unbanning me. They're simply trying to avoid the stigma of a "permaban" by painting it like it's my fault. Look at what got me banned most recently -- Ming says repeatedly it's for "insulting people", which is patently false if anyone looks at my post history. I was banned for "one week" for bringing attention to Ming's screwup he refuse to acknowledge, then I was never unbanned.

Even if they do technically say I can be unbanned, look at Ming's attitude towards me in public and in these PMs, even if I do come back, they'll arbitrarily ban me again and again.

Ming's a bitter old man. His PMs tell you he gets a perverse pleasure out of his "volunteer job", which is why he does it. His PMs are always abrasive and insulting, even when he pretends they're not.

I'm permabanned, in all but name. There's no way I can come back.

Asher
07-07-2007, 23:09:14
Originally posted by Sirotnikov
Re original thread title: they all came back to post on poly?

That's not true, you're just buying into Ming's bullshit. Smarten up.

What's the difference between a "permaban" and an "indefinite ban" where my release depends on conditions already met, but the ban is still in place?

Ming's playing everyone for a fool, and enough posters there are stupid enough to fall for it. I was indefinitely banned long before the PMs were quoted -- in fact ,that's WHY they were quoted. He's using my quoting PMs as a reason for my ban. Do the math...

He says I was banned last time for insulting people. Again, patently untrue. A lie, if you will. Check my post history -- I was banned for bringing attention to their blatant abuses of power and inconsistencies.

I've already agreed, even in the PMs shown here, to "play by the rules" provided that everyone has the same rules to play by. Ming thinks this is an unreasonable request.

He's not ever going to unban me. He's just trying to make himself look like the good boy by putting the imaginary ball in my court to get unbanned.

Notice how the admins won't actually SHOW you why I was banned? I've asked many, many times and Wiglaf's asked publicly as well. Ming won't provide the evidence, because it simply doesn't exist.

Ming's a liar. He's no integrity as far as I am concerned. He's a cranky old man on a powerkick, and this illustrates it all.

Oerdin
08-07-2007, 01:57:47
Originally posted by fp
Shit, I didn't realise people actually posted at 'poly anymore.

There are fewer every day. The place is pretty dead.

Drake Tungsten
08-07-2007, 04:06:05
Ming's a liar.

QFT

Kuciwalker
08-07-2007, 04:16:03
Speaking of Ming, why is he always sucking EoN's dick?

Drake Tungsten
08-07-2007, 04:47:14
Dunno. Maybe he craves EoN's dick the way he craves Asher's ass?

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2007, 06:47:18
Let's try an experiment. Asher- send Ming a PM with the following text.

"Ming- I've had chance to cool off now, and I want to try making peace with you.

It's true that the point we're at now is the culmination of years of antagonism from many sources, and you have to admit that I am in no way to blame for many. However I accept that I am to blame for a lot of antagonism on my own part, and I ciould have handled the situation better on many occasions.

As a gesture of goodwill, I will stop making any criticisms of you and the other admins at Poly on other sites (such as CG) and let the situation calm down. I hope that will demonstrate a genuine wish to work with you on this point. Give it a week and see what results.

I also give my commitment beyond that point that I will be walking away from confrontations on Poly when they happen (and they will). You have said that I could be readmitted if I can convince you that I will abide by the rules, and this two-step approach will prove that point in practice- the only way anything like this can really be proved. You will see the results before any move is actually made to readmit me.

This also gives a good chance that a number of other regulars will return. For this point, as well as the fact that I think this is the quickest path to getting all this drama off the boards, I hope you'll consider this as being the best way forwards.

One final point- sorry for being aggressive insulting to you. I realise you'll find this difficult to give any credence to, but when it's backed up by proof of intent such as the halting of hostility on other boards I hope you'll view this as a genuine attempt to wipe the slate and start again.

If you actually do all that in practice, and it doesn't work, I'll accept that you're permabanned. However if you now start trying to tone thos stance down, or denying that it will work, or claiming that your principles won't allow you to do this, the experiment won't work and the query of whether you're permabanned will be unresolved.

Ready to prove it either way?

Dyl Ulenspiegel
08-07-2007, 08:30:42
Ugh. Where did you get that load of consultant slime?

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2007, 08:36:34
From working as consultant slime. Good to see my talents are recognised.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
08-07-2007, 09:41:55
I'm not sure what's worse, all the lube in that text or the lack of genuine regret.

Oerdin
08-07-2007, 10:31:36
Ming would never believe Asher had genuine regret. ;)

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2007, 10:32:57
I'm not into saving souls. Just keeping the bastards working together tends to suffice.

Asher
08-07-2007, 17:29:28
Laz: Even if that PM did get me unbanned, I'd be banned again for trivial things. As Ming has publicly admitted, I don't play by the same rules as everyone else. I get banned at their whim, regardless of reality, and there'd be no point in participating in such a community.

The ball is in Ming's court. I'm more than happy to come back and be civil provided he promises to make an effort to be consistent and fair. Since both Ming and rah have publicly said they are NOT consistent nor will they ever be, what would be the point?

The administration needs to be taught that the community isn't there to satisfy their cravings for power. I'll be happy to come back and play by the rules provided the rules are clear,and the rules are the same for everyone -- I post on a lot of sites, and I've never been banned from any of them but Apolyton because only Apolyton has ambiguous rules and hilarious inconsistency.

There really is no defense for what they've been up to lately. LOTM insults me four times, I respond throwing literally the exact insult back in his face, and I get banned and he doesn't get so much as a warning. Ridiculous.

Add to the fact that the administration has slandered me publicly after they banned me (so I can't reply publicly), and called me a liar when THEY are provably lying (check my post history, I wasn't banned for insulting), is icing on the cake.

The administration on that site has the professionalism of a child's lemonaid stand, and until they get serious on becoming a real site, I'm effectively permabanned.

qcubed
08-07-2007, 17:37:02
Okay, also: who is this EoN and why is he such a douche?

KrazyHorse
08-07-2007, 18:12:41
He's an unemployed college dropout living in Florida with dreams of grandeur.

MattHiggs
08-07-2007, 18:23:38
Sounds like he'd fit right in at 'poly?

mr_B
08-07-2007, 18:24:38

MOBIUS
08-07-2007, 18:29:50
He's a nasty little polyite who in the space of one average post gets through enough insults etc to get Asher banned at least a hundred times, mostly without so much as a warning...

He's very entertaining.:)

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2007, 18:36:00
Laz: Even if that PM did get me unbanned, I'd be banned again for trivial things. As Ming has publicly admitted, I don't play by the same rules as everyone else. I get banned at their whim, regardless of reality, and there'd be no point in participating in such a community.

The ball is in Ming's court. I'm more than happy to come back and be civil provided he promises to make an effort to be consistent and fair. Since both Ming and rah have publicly said they are NOT consistent nor will they ever be, what would be the point?

You need to acknowledge the history behind this. It's not like they woke up one morning and went "La dee dah, the sun is shining and birdsong fills the air. Let us victimise Asher forthwith."

The fact is that you're abrasive, volatile, and pursue grudges mercilessly. And that's fine- I too am abrasive, volatile, and pursue grudges mercilessly myself. The world will always have room for people like us. However you've got to acknowledge and take responsibility for the fact that each time you rip some unsuspecting sucker to shreds you're going to make people warier of you and less likely to take chances. You end up getting judged to a harder standards. We can argue until we're blue in the face about whether it fits against the Poly rules, but it sure as hell fits human nature.

So, yep- in this case and probably others too you got judged to a harder standard than the rank and file, and that shouldn't really surprise you. It's a hazard of the job.

Anyway, you're at a crossroads here. If you really want to go back to Poly then you're going to have to work on apologising, swallowing your pride, and biting your tongue when people take pops at you (and they will, repeatedly).

If you want to stay here, that's great too, but could we take a break from the crossover backbiting? You know it pisses off a lot of the regulars here. Yes, I know it's just one thread, but we've had a bastardly succession of "just one threads" over the years and all they've done is created the impression that this is what CG is for. Frankly, we could have done without every one of them.

Asher
08-07-2007, 18:43:32
I don't see a need to apologize for their screwups, and it's not going to happen.

Ming's the public liar, slanderer, and manipulator. He's welcome to apologize -- after all, the two successive bannings that started this whole mess were unwarranted and ridiculous, but he won't. And that's his problem.

I'm not going to return to the site until they get serious with their moderation policy. It's in their own best interest to do so, but they're refusing to do so. That's their own damn fault, and their own loss.

Apologizing to get back there is akin to asking a man who was falsely imprisoned to apologize to the state for wrongfully convicting him. It doesn't matter if the guy was a jerk, wrong is wrong.

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2007, 19:02:17
Cool. So if you're resigned to staying here (or elsewhere) can we close the book on it as far as CG is concerned, and all bound away happily?

Asher
08-07-2007, 19:47:54
Don't read the threads that don't interest you. I find these threads are more interesting, and attract far more new posters, than Vincent's zero-thought spam threads.

qcubed
08-07-2007, 20:44:26
Zero-thought spam thread energy extraction.

So that's how Orbo works...

TCO
08-07-2007, 20:58:48
Asher: Come clean. This is self-parody. Now, I know why you rated so high.

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2007, 21:05:39
Hey. Sub boy is back. How's it going?

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2007, 21:08:40
Don't read the threads that don't interest you. I find these threads are more interesting, and attract far more new posters, than Vincent's zero-thought spam threads.

That'll be a "no" then? What's the point? If you're resigned to not going back are you just going to go onto some sort of performance art gesture of bitterness?

TCO
08-07-2007, 21:13:12
Hey, Trap. I'm ok. You seem to be being nice.

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2007, 21:21:44
I'm having difficulty getting angry with people lately. Either I've got some sort of monstrous brain disorder developing, or I'm just getting older.

DaShi
08-07-2007, 21:37:02
You should consult a doctor.

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2007, 21:40:13
Or kidnap one.

MOBIUS
08-07-2007, 21:47:03
I don't see what the problem is myself. If Asher wants to post these threads, why not.

Asher
08-07-2007, 21:49:41
Originally posted by TCO
Asher: Come clean. This is self-parody. Now, I know why you rated so high.
What did I rate high in?

Asher
08-07-2007, 21:50:33
That'll be a "no" then? What's the point?
There's more of a point to this thread than 99% of the threads on here. Or is that your point? That threads with a point are forbidden?

Drake Tungsten
08-07-2007, 22:09:46

Aren't all six doctors in the UK in custody now?

Cort Haus
08-07-2007, 22:14:55

OK, I've made my point.

TCO
08-07-2007, 22:19:43
I asked first. Quid pro quo. [/Lector]

MOBIUS
08-07-2007, 22:39:28
Amazing!:lol:

EoN's 'For the homosexuals' thread...

Is Ming deliberately trying to run Poly into the ground by playing along with this thread - is this an extension of his hatred for Asher?

MOBIUS
08-07-2007, 22:41:36
Still, it's good to see Ming finally coming clean with his latent homophobia.

It explains an awful lot why he hates Asher so much...:cute:

DaShi
08-07-2007, 22:47:06
He's been that way ever since his gay lover outed him.

MOBIUS
08-07-2007, 22:56:23
Asher was his gay lover!!?:eek: :eek: :eek:

That explains everything!

VetLegion-
08-07-2007, 22:57:46
I can't believe I've read this thread :lol:

Anyway, two observations:

1. There are some potential sociology doctorates or magistrates in this. Think about it: these communities are virtual, the cost of setting up your own is virtually zero, as is the cost of transferring from one to another. And yet most people tend to stick around a particular place and build elaborate hierarchies, histories, myths... and in the process get seriously worked up over these things. I think it is amazing.

2. Why did Roland leave Apolyton? Boredom, banning, or something else?

MOBIUS
08-07-2007, 22:59:01
I think he left because Poly is shit.

Kuciwalker
08-07-2007, 22:59:28
I'm having difficulty getting angry with people lately. Either I've got some sort of monstrous brain disorder developing, or I'm just getting older.

Related to the snip snip? :cute:

Cort Haus
08-07-2007, 23:02:26
Still, it's good to see Ming finally coming clean with his latent homophobia.

Much as I find Eyes despicable, and Ming's tolerance and indulgence of him somewhat curious, I'm quite sure Ming is no homophobe, tbf. He has taken action before against posts that he considered as anti-gay.

Whether Eyes gets a free pass is another matter.

MOBIUS
08-07-2007, 23:12:03
Ming routinely lets posters off with homophobic attacks (usually against Asher). It is only when they get carried away that he even warns them. Let alone banning them.

EoN himself is guilty of a number of homophobic rants, so Ming is tacitly encouraging him by allowing this thread to stand. Could Ming actually be guilty of continuing to goad Asher even after he has already effectively permabanned him...?

I actually wouldn't put it past him these days...:rolleyes:

DaShi
08-07-2007, 23:32:54
I do believe that Ming is very homophobic. I have evidence, but I'd be banned if I posted it here. :rolleyes:

MOBIUS
08-07-2007, 23:33:51
Asher's definitely permabanned - Agathon's back at Poly!:lol:

DaShi
08-07-2007, 23:46:54
It's safe to come out again!

MOBIUS
08-07-2007, 23:56:17
Yeah, Ming probably emailed him desperate for 'quality' posters to fill the ever increasing void at Poly - BlackWidow too, definitely pulling out all the stops...:lol:

Chris
09-07-2007, 01:44:23
I like these threads, they make us seem normal.

Guynemer
09-07-2007, 01:50:29
Originally posted by DaShi

My diagnosis: neurosyphilis. Happy trails, Laz.

PLATO
09-07-2007, 02:01:43
Yeah, Ming probably emailed him desperate for 'quality' posters to fill the ever increasing void at Poly - BlackWidow too, definitely pulling out all the stops...:lol:

I do find it highly suspect that "old" posters are reappearing all at once.

I believe that this "episode" may be good for Poly in the long run...we'll see.

I will say that I had no idea how much power Asher had at Poly to make so many people quit posting and that his banning has spread across the net like nothing else!

Additionally, Asher has even been credited by some for Poly's performance "hiccups" today.

Amazing... :)

Chris
09-07-2007, 02:37:48
Before I click that link, can anyone tell me if it links to dogporn? You are a moderator at that joint???

My god, what have you done!

Asher
09-07-2007, 03:11:52
Additionally, Asher has even been credited by some for Poly's performance "hiccups" today.

For the record, I have nothing to do with those. Are any admins saying as such?

The problem is Poly's technical staff are just as inept as the moderation staff.

Lazarus and the Gimp
09-07-2007, 05:19:21
There's more of a point to this thread than 99% of the threads on here. Or is that your point? That threads with a point are forbidden?

The question wasn't "is there a point?" but "what is the point?". Impotent anger? Hope that you'll force a change? Or something else?

Lazarus and the Gimp
09-07-2007, 05:21:13
Originally posted by Chris
You are a moderator at that joint???

My god, what have you done!

The history forum was dying on its arse so I had a rush of blood to the head and offered to mod it and work on improving traffic. To my surprise, they took me up on the offer.

Wiglaf
09-07-2007, 05:42:52
For the record, I have nothing to do with those. Are any admins saying as such?

The problem is Poly's technical staff are just as inept as the moderation staff.

I posted that in a clearly joking manner.

Oerdin
09-07-2007, 06:10:35

Insert joke about Laz getting his ball cut here.

Scabrous Birdseed
09-07-2007, 08:03:28
Asher, forums are by definition communities, right?

The community of Counterglow has a set of implicitly agreed-upon standards of posting. There's absolutely no need for you to share into these standards, plus you're absolutely free to try to convince the community to try to change its standards.

Still, while a set of short, dry one-liners may be bad according to you, it is definately counterglow-good. Sharp personal attacks, whether internal or external, is counterglow-bad. Getting really, really worked up about something fairly insignificant is likewise counterglow-bad.

So please, dude, try to consider the counterglow-appropriateness of your posts before you make them. If you want to go about trying to change the community standards then don't do it by irking people off. If you're just doing it despite everything for your own selfish interest, then you're quite frankly just a vandal.

Drekkus
09-07-2007, 08:09:40
I don't mind asher too much, I think he tries to be reasonable, at least here. But he's always so damn serious, and fighting against injustice against him. God forbid he redirects his energy on saving te planet one day, the place will be clean but boring.

MOBIUS
09-07-2007, 08:35:16
Originally posted by Scabrous Birdseed
Asher, forums are by definition communities, right?

The community of Counterglow has a set of implicitly agreed-upon standards of posting. There's absolutely no need for you to share into these standards, plus you're absolutely free to try to convince the community to try to change its standards.

Still, while a set of short, dry one-liners may be bad according to you, it is definately counterglow-good. Sharp personal attacks, whether internal or external, is counterglow-bad. Getting really, really worked up about something fairly insignificant is likewise counterglow-bad.

So please, dude, try to consider the counterglow-appropriateness of your posts before you make them. If you want to go about trying to change the community standards then don't do it by irking people off. If you're just doing it despite everything for your own selfish interest, then you're quite frankly just a vandal.

Aren't you really just advocating another form of censorship here, albeit a voluntary one?

Surely you're not going to begrudge one thread about Poly on CG. As long as we're not swamped with them, I really don't see a problem with just avoiding opening it if you hate all talk of Poly?

Besides what Asher is doing (successfully IMO) is bringing to the attention to a lot of people who might not otherwise realise, what a total hypocrite Ming is about the whole process of moderatorship. It's not just Asher that is the victim (although he takes the brunt), and people are frankly getting pissed off with it, which is why he's getting a lot of support - even from people who are traditionally his enemies.

But anyway, the real point of all this is that if you truly want him to go away and stop posting these threads, then you should stop posting in them an generally encouraging him...;)

Oerdin
09-07-2007, 08:46:53
For me poly just got stale. Bad moderatorship was just the final straw.

MOBIUS
09-07-2007, 08:47:37
Or bad moderatorship was the reason it got stale...:gasmaske:

Oerdin
09-07-2007, 08:54:58
New people were chased off or discouraged, personal attacks were continually tolerated, and the mods didn't really do much even after multiple people left because they thought the place had become to uncivil. In the end people just kept leaving and few new people ever showed up. It was just the same people posting the same stuff and everyone was bitching about things that had built up on the forum over the last 4-5 years.

Could the mods have changed much? Maybe but not by a large margin. If they really banned people for personal attacks and made people be nice to new people then I could see the number of posters going up. I just don't see that happening though.

Funko
09-07-2007, 08:55:04
It's self-censorship, but Scabby put it very well I thought especially this part "There's absolutely no need for you to share into these standards, plus you're absolutely free to try to convince the community to try to change its standards.", which is exactly the debate we're now having about this, and similar to the debate we had about some of the political stuff especially around 9/11 and Iraq.

I think it's healthy to be able to have this kind of discussion and I've definitely been persuaded that people really want a combination of serious and fun stuff, which is fine, as long as people recognise that people can genuinely get upset by things posted on a forum just as much as they could face to face, and as long as it doesn't get as personal and humourless as Poly.

Oerdin
09-07-2007, 08:58:53
There is that danger. Serious threads can get people worked up and then the personal attacks and shouting happen.

Hopefully, we can stand the odd serious thread mixed in with the regular spam. ;)

C.G.B. Spender
09-07-2007, 09:03:39
As Funko that, it takes the Poly spirit into here. Why not creating a free Poly dicussion forum? There a many free forum sites here and setting up takes 15 mins.

Instead we're bothered with lame stuff about lame people from a lame site. I will piss on every single one of those threads.

The dark site of no moderation ...

Drekkus
09-07-2007, 09:05:03
Luckily there's still the secret forum

MOBIUS
09-07-2007, 09:07:31
Our bolt-hole in times of need!

C.G.B. Spender
09-07-2007, 09:11:20
The secret forum sucks because you're not allowed to start as many threads as you like

Drekkus
09-07-2007, 09:13:02
Quality over quantity, that was what we agreed upon at the start of it. If you don't like it, go to Counterpoint and bitch about it.

C.G.B. Spender
09-07-2007, 09:14:15
Link?

Oerdin
09-07-2007, 09:18:06
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/12/adult_link_statue.jpg

Drekkus
09-07-2007, 09:18:11
www.apolyton.com/forums/mingapulco

Oerdin
09-07-2007, 09:19:08
I like my link better.