PDA

View Full Version : last.fm

*End Is Forever*
02-06-2007, 22:41:05
First of all, anyone else use this...?

Secondly, iTunes threw up Rock Cliche earlier this evening, and I noticed that there's a huge blank page here:

http://www.last.fm/music/Sonic+Undermind

Suggestions please for the most offensive and amusing thing to fill the wiki gap... :bash:

Eklektikos
04-06-2007, 15:46:00
I do, when it actually works properly for me. Can't say I've ever found it enormously useful though.

Funko
04-06-2007, 16:05:37
How did our songs get on there? What is this site? :confused:

*End Is Forever*
05-06-2007, 10:18:50
Is that a 100-0 attempt? Probably not.

It's a "social music" site. The last.fm software sends information on what you are listening to back to the site (known as "scrobbling"), and gives you recommendations on other music and gigs and whatnot. They don't actually "have" any of your songs, but it does list when other people have listened to them.

They also have a wiki page for each band which is what I linked to - according to that 32 plays of Sonic Undermind songs have been scrobbled, so I'm clearly not the only one using last.fm with SU on my media player...

It's probably worth you adding something to the wiki for SU and signing up (it's free) for your new band. It's less of a free for all than MySpace music and although it's probably got fewer overall users they are much more likely to find you...

http://www.last.fm/help/faq/

Funko
05-06-2007, 10:22:40
Ah ok. Cool.

Eklektikos
06-06-2007, 15:01:45
Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
32 plays of Sonic Undermind songs have been scrobbled, so I'm clearly not the only one using last.fm with SU on my media player...
:nervous:

Scabrous Birdseed
06-06-2007, 18:42:55
I don't like it, mainly because you can only do one "style" of music per account, and since I like different things at different times it's not so good for me. I used rival service Pandora for ages but they've recently closed down all non-US connections... Now mainly using iMeem.

*End Is Forever*
06-06-2007, 20:08:22
I think you're being too picky. It's quite happy to accomodate bands like the Beatles and the Lightning Seeds alongside my traditional punk-rock fare... :)