PDA

View Full Version : Final GW expansion and GW2 announcement.

HelloKitty
17-04-2007, 17:44:14
Well details are out now about the final GW expansion and GW2

http://www.guildwars.com/press/releases/eyeofthenorthgw2/

The most interesting things are the last expansion will allow you to have some sort of impact on your GW2 account.

Also GW2 will be a persistant world, described similar to EQ/WoW but still not charge any fees.

Looks interesting, but the expansion won't be out till winter and the GW2 probably late 2008.

DaShi
17-04-2007, 22:48:00
On Guru, Gaile said that GW:EN should be out by third quarter.

I doubt that much won't transfer from GW1 to GW2 other than names and maybe titles. GW2 is supposed to take place 1000 years after GW1. It should be interesting to see what they do with persistant world, especially given the state of their player base.

GW:EN, unlike the other expansions, is not a stand alone game. You'll need one of the other three campaigns in order to play it. There will also not be any new classes, but new skills for each class.

In GW1, I generally just play PvP these days, if I play it at all.

Shining1
17-04-2007, 23:16:46
Nice.

fp
18-04-2007, 05:57:09
Your deeds from the original Guild Wars campaigns will be commemorated in the Eye of the North expansion in your Hall of Monuments. The Hall of Monuments will reflect the achievements you earn in Eye of the North as well as those earned in Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall. You will even be able to show off your hall to friends. Then, when Guild Wars 2 arrives, each of these monuments will correspond to special features your Guild Wars 2 characters can "inherit" from your own legendary past, giving you access to exclusive titles, companions (Heroes and pets), weapons, attire, and miniatures. These inherited items are unique: there is no other way within Guild Wars 2 to acquire them.

That's a cool idea. :beer: