PDA

View Full Version : Dutch geeks tell all

King_Ghidra
11-04-2007, 14:29:14
These people all play on the WoW server i play on. These comments are taken from a message board thread for my server in which people had to explain why they chose their in-game character names.

long time ago, when I was still a first year student on the university, my friends and I were not that good in attending all lectures (still don't know how I managed to do the first year in one year). So we regularly visited other cities because public transport in the netherlands is free for students anyway. At one point we were in a train station waiting for some people to return from the toilet I believe and a friend of mine tried to climb into one of the luggage lockers. She failed miserably and I said: "Even I can get into that, come on; try harder". She just laughed and asked me to prove. So I climbed into one and before I realised what was happening; she pushed my head the last few inches in and closed the door. The sound of an electronic lock just behind you is not pleasant :P

Most of my friends were just rolling on the floor laughing and one of them paniced because he thought I would quickly run out of air. (thank god for the air openings in the back :P ). After they has stopped laughing they began figuring out how to get me out of there. Turned out the use of the locker was around 3 euro or so, but luckily, they thought I was worth that and they paid the 3 euro and the locked opened again. And since then my nickname has been Maninthebox for ICQ and stuff and using it as a name for my first character sounded like a logical choice

owww this is gonna be a nice 1 to explain :P and yes i'm crazy in any way possible.

I started out playing CS .. doing that i made a clan which i called [KOFFIE] (english : Coffee)
Since all the members in it had a name that had to do with Coffee i made my name [KOFFIE]Kopje (english: Coffeecup)

The clan disbanded after a while so i thought of a new name. Orginal as i am i took GeKopt for no reason that i can explain other then that i'm just crazy somehow. So this was my starting nick in WoW also.
But then it came .. since i'm THAT original i HAD to make my other nicks original also . so i came up with :

- GeKopte
- GeKopten
- GeKoptene

Nowadays if some1 asks me what the nick means i just say "Making a heady in the past tense" (which in fact is the correct translation of GeKopt in dutch but ok ... :P)

Now ppl know the truth.
Hope this is enough explanation :P

Arepee, Appiej en Rp all come from my rl nickname "Rp"...which is pronounced as Arepee or Appiej, whatever you want.
Rp stands for the dutch word (dialect though) "Roestpiepe" meaning Rusty Pipe. In the area i live they call people with red hair "Roestpiepe" cause their dad had "Roest an de piepe" (Rust on his Pipe), which causes his son to have red hair.
Stupidly enough i don't have red hair, but some one thought i had, so he called me Roestpiepe (was at work), everyone called me Roestpiepe at work after that, but it was to long...so they started calling me Rp.

my first name was 'hoertje' but i had to rename my char to something more appropiate from blizzard when i was lvl 48,

so i renamed socratess, dunno why tho, always was into philosofy

(Happenings from 6/7 years ago)

Wake up in the morning in the vacation finding a fresh new online game. Find out that every freaking name you you think of is taken, type in Viezeaap and slam the enter button and start playing the fresh new online game.

I don't know viezeaap but assume it means something rude...

I like the rusty pipe one :D

Funko
11-04-2007, 14:34:50
Crazy Dutchies.

Lurker the Second
11-04-2007, 14:40:40
A real riot.

I'm still sorting out in my own mind what to make of the fact that KG was reading that thread at another forum instead of anything here. Or just instead of wanking.

Funko
11-04-2007, 14:44:00
Blame our dutch posters for not starting such a thread.

Lurker the Second
11-04-2007, 14:46:00
I don't think they have the intellectual capacity to start a thread like that.

Funko
11-04-2007, 14:48:06
Originally posted by Lurker the Second
I don't think they have the intellectual capacity to start a thread

Good point.

King_Ghidra
11-04-2007, 14:50:08
x-fear!

:shoot:

Funko
11-04-2007, 14:50:37
No it isn't. But I knew someone would do that.

King_Ghidra
11-04-2007, 14:51:23
it's a slow day

Drekkus
11-04-2007, 14:54:50
Viezeaap is a good nick. :D

I think starting a 'Where does your nickname come from' thread is a great idea!!!

Funko
11-04-2007, 14:55:04
Every day seems to be at the moment.

Drekkus
11-04-2007, 15:04:22
If you're stuck on finding a username, you can always use this to find one:

http://www.brunching.com/mrtname.html

Drekkus
11-04-2007, 15:06:51
Originally posted by Drekkus

I think starting a 'Where does your nickname come from' thread is a great idea!!! Well, who'd have thought! This already has been done!!!

http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9552

Funko
11-04-2007, 15:07:08
:lol:

Lurker the Second
11-04-2007, 15:18:52
If you're stuck on finding a username, you can always use this to find one:

http://www.brunching.com/mrtname.html

needless to say, I wouldn't enter real information on that site

MoSe
12-04-2007, 12:00:58
I think starting a 'Where does your nickname come from' thread is a great idea!!!

WAIT!!!

am I reading a 2002 thread??????

King_Ghidra
12-04-2007, 12:50:51
i tried to bump that fucker. useless archive.

SuperCitizen
13-04-2007, 14:31:27
All Dutchies should be called dirty cocksuckers, because that's what they really are.

Drekkus
13-04-2007, 14:38:42
At least half of them

MoSe
13-04-2007, 14:53:09
the male ones?

SuperCitizen
13-04-2007, 22:38:09
Oh, and exclude the guy in my avatar :lol: