PDA

View Full Version : School of One


King_Ghidra
30-03-2007, 14:40:29
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/07/in_pictures_class_of_one/html/1.stm

Seven-year-old Matthew Hansen lives on a farm in such an isolated spot in the Falkland Islands that he can't attend normal school.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/07/in_pictures_class_of_one/img/1.jpg

Amazing the lengths that are gone to to give these people some kind of 'normality'.

Venom
30-03-2007, 15:07:09
Wow. Someone get that kid the internet and some online classes.

Venom
30-03-2007, 15:07:39
Plus, he'd have porn.

King_Ghidra
30-03-2007, 15:41:50
he'd be better off being neutered, no pussy on those islands

man i bet those kids go buckwild when they come to the UK to do their A levels

maroule
30-03-2007, 16:17:29
he should go to Wales, he'll have all the right moves to score with the locals

Dyl Ulenspiegel
30-03-2007, 19:11:46
Close acquaintancy with sheep?

fp
30-03-2007, 20:02:34
PHd and own goal.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
30-03-2007, 20:10:16
Yaaay!

Although I wasn't sure whether Maroule just meant a lack of understandable language.

Drekkus
02-04-2007, 14:26:56
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
he'd be better off being neutered, no pussy on those islands

man i bet those kids go buckwild when they come to the UK to do their A levels Argentina isn't too far off, is it?

mr_G
02-04-2007, 14:32:49
:lol:

RedFred
02-04-2007, 14:34:03
That won't work - I don't think they teach Falklanders Spanish.

In college I had a class of three. One guy dropped out and the other guy had a tendency to skip classes. The prof carried on lecturing as if he was facing an entire auditorium of students. The part I hated was when he would ask a question, pause and look out into his class (usually me only) for a response.

Drekkus
02-04-2007, 14:42:27
And you acted like someone else would answer the question.

JM^3
02-04-2007, 14:43:59
I had som esmall classes too. I think the semester I took Complex Analysis there were only two other people taking it.

Jon Miller

mr_G
02-04-2007, 14:45:53
Originally posted by RedFred
That won't work - I don't think they teach Falklanders Spanish.

In college I had a class of three. One guy dropped out and the other guy had a tendency to skip classes. The prof carried on lecturing as if he was facing an entire auditorium of students. The part I hated was when he would ask a question, pause and look out into his class (usually me only) for a response. what act did you dooo di dooooo when you farted

King_Ghidra
02-04-2007, 14:48:52
Originally posted by JM^3
I had som esmall classes too. I think the semester I took Complex Analysis there were only two other people taking it.


are you sure?

Venom
02-04-2007, 14:52:25
Originally posted by mr_G
what act did you dooo di dooooo when you farted

The same thing everyone does when someone farts and there are only 2 people in the room. Blame the dog. What dog, you ask? What dog indeed.

mr_G
02-04-2007, 14:55:40
:lol: