PDA

View Full Version : Your guilty pleasures

Lazarus and the Gimp
13-03-2007, 22:42:24
What are the lamest songs you really like?

I'll go for-

Sugar, sugar- The Archies
Daydream believer- The Monkees
Love Missile F1-11- Sigue Sigue Sputnik

*End Is Forever*
13-03-2007, 22:47:35
I have a shameful liking for "Back For Good".

Debaser
14-03-2007, 05:52:04
I quite like most of those songs Linda Perry writes for people like Kelly Clarkson. I don't think there's anything wrong with liking Daydream Believer. I quite like all the singles Lil' Chris has released so far. I've got about 4 Carpenters albums (all great). I quite like a few songs released by The Muppets (Rainbow Connection is a classic). I consider The Pet Shop Boys to be the best band of the 80s (though their 90's output is shit), and I know the words to lots of late 70s/early 80s Dire Straits songs. I have Bruce Springsteen and Girls Aloud on my iPod (not together, though that would be amazing!), and I have a lot of time for Hall & Oats greatest hits.

I'm not ashamed or embarrassed about any of this, but I'd hate if everyone knew that I quite like In The Morning by Razorlight.

Scabrous Birdseed
14-03-2007, 08:42:03
Laz, laz, catching on to trends six months late are we?

I've made it a point to like and respect all kinds of crass commercial music, especially the older stuff. I mean, Bubblegum (2/3 of Laz's guilty pleasures) is almost hip, right? I've got a CD-compo of it I regularly listen to. No, it'd have to be stuff that actually goes square against the principles of what I allow myself to like.

Talvin Singh's "OK" album
Beans's "Tomorrow Right Now" album
All sorts of roots reggae - "Armagideon Time" by Willie Williams for instance

Diss
14-03-2007, 10:08:40
I know what boys like- the waitresses

King_Ghidra
14-03-2007, 10:30:02
we already had this thread, no?

Anyway, Love missile F1-11 and daydream believer are both brilliant, i don't think anyone should be guilty about them. Ditto Bruce. How can the Boss be shameful, Born to Run is one of the greatest songs ever.

Once upon a time i was made to feel very ashamed for liking Nine Inch Nails. I still have a lot of time for March of the Pigs. btw the Johnny Cash cover of Hurt is the greatest thing ever.

other random stuff: anything by Shed seven, razorlight's 'somewhere else', elaine paige and barbara dickinson's 'i know him so well', 'woman in love' by barbara streisand, 'toca's miracle' by fragma, 'touch me' by rui da silva, couple of tracks by Billy Joel, 'against all odds' by phil collins, etc. etc.