PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Fire

BigGameHunter
07-03-2007, 16:49:36
Just got their latest album (Neon Bible) and it is good...different from The Funeral but still good. Kind of like a hybrid of Pixies, Echo and the Bunnymen and Leonard Cohen.

I'm sure you've all heard of them and think they are emo or something.

Immortal Wombat
07-03-2007, 20:28:51
I wouldn't call them emo. They do have a touch of the same pretentiousness about them, but less angst. I'll probably get Neon Bible at some point.

Debaser
07-03-2007, 20:37:35
I've got both albums, but haven't really listened to the second one much yet. The first is good, but I thought it suffered a little from all the songs sounding the same. Of that wave of bands, I much prefered the first Clap Your Hands Say Yeah album, which I would recommend if you like the Arcade Fire.

King_Ghidra
08-03-2007, 09:20:46
big fan of funeral so i shall be picking this up by hook or by crook. guess i'd better check out clap your hands say yeah too

Walrus Feeder
09-03-2007, 00:08:16
I'm off to see The Arcade Fire in Lille in April. Manchester Apollo gigs sold out in 20mins! If anyone gets the chance to see them live go for it as they are amazing. This will be the 4th time i'll have seen them live. First time was in New York in 2003 before they were even signed. One song they played that night, 'No Cars Go' was of their original LP and has been re-recorded for Neon Bible.

Given Neon Bible a few listens and don't think as many of the songs are as epic as on Funeral, but it's an album that could grow on me.